Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

1 minute ago, Sima said:

The final they got to last season and will be fancied to get to again versus having your first title in 68 years ripped from your grasp?

I have to disagree like.

Yeah, but I'm saying if it happened to Newcastle, not Man City

Guest neesy111

Honestly think this defeat is bad news for us.  

City know how to win the league, they'll want revenge.

2 minutes ago, Sima said:

The final they got to last season and will be fancied to get to again versus having your first title in 68 years ripped from your grasp?

I have to disagree like.

I know what KI means but I have to agree more strongly with you. That was our one chance and we've not won anything since to soften the blow.
Man City can win the league in a few weeks which I am sure will help ease the pain.

13 minutes ago, Beren said:

Why is philosophy getting a kick in the dick, here? [emoji38]

:lol: Maybe I am being too harsh on philosophies. But I admire how adaptable Carlo is. Whatever be the squad, he does not place any requirement that I need this kind of player, etc. Doesn't throw any player under the bus publicly if they do not fit within his style. Just gets on with it. Feels like an old fashioned football coach. 

19 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I would try to live an off the grid lifestyle if that happened to Newcastle , I’d be too traumatised to be a functioning member of society

I kinda has happened to us though. the PL not the CL obviously but on a much harsher scale than Man City cos it might have been our best and only chance

1-0 up at Blackburn and cruising after losing a last minute goal at Liverpool the week before having lead twice, and losing two goals in the last few minutes to a blokes fifteen seconds of fame

rest of my life, Barcelona 97 aside, has felt just a show since

Edited by Wolfcastle

Guest neesy111
Just now, rgk_lfc said:

:lol: Maybe I am being too harsh on philosophies. But I admire how adaptable Carlo is. Whatever be the squad, he does not place any requirement that I need this kind of player, etc. Doesn't throw any player under the bus publicly if they do not fit within his style. Just gets on with it. Feels like an old fashioned football coach. 

He didn't at Bayern.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Yeah, but I'm saying if it happened to Newcastle, not Man City

Ah, I see.

Today’s NUFC I’d be broken, like but we’d have had a wild ride against all odds.

4 minutes ago, JB said:

You could post this every BT european game

This is why I cancelled my sub and got a dodgy IPTV from a Glaswegian on Telegram. No moral justification to spunk 20 quid a month on those cunts. 

The ref was a puzzling fucker most of the evening, but he turned just before the pen and I knew man city were getting token decisions from then on in.

Not that i particularly gave a shite, mind

I get the 95/96 comparison, it's not like we're not all traumatised by it. :lol:

Wasn't even thinking about Man City's circumstances tbh, just if that match happened to Newcastle. 95/96 was a dawn of realisation across a fair few games, this would be more concentrated evil nearer to maybe the Euro 21 final or Euro 96. 2 goals clear with 2 minutes to go, almost going 3 up a handful of times, two open goals missed.

and you lose to Real Madrid who'd done nothing all match. Would be absolutely devastating.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, Holloway said:

The ref was a puzzling fucker most of the evening, but he turned just before the pen and I knew man city were getting token decisions from then on in.

Not that i particularly gave a shite, mind

His biggest error of the night was the handball by Cancelo that probably should've rendered in a penalty for Real Madrid. I thought he did well until ET. There he made a few errors, but none that had a big effect on the game. 

6 minutes ago, rgk_lfc said:

Presumably, he is a very good man manager, a motivator and charismatic behind the scenes. That in itself is a philosophy... 

2 minutes ago, Heron said:

Presumably, he is a very good man manager, a motivator and charismatic behind the scenes. That in itself is a philosophy... 

Agreed. I always got the feeling that he is a downright nice person who tries to do the right thing which is also a philosophy in itself. In 2005, when he lost the CL final to us, he was incredibly gracious, spent time with all of our players, congratulated each and every one of them. In 2007, when he defeated us, it was the same, spent time consoling our players than just celebrating. As a boss of Everton, he never tried to up the angst against us. During COVID lockdown, when Allison's dad passed away and Allison couldn't travel to Brazil, was among the first outside of LFC to reach out to Allison. 

City nearly threw it away against Atleti towards the end of the 2nd tie as well. 

Think they have a bit of a mental block with this competition, look like they can fall apart defensively under any sort of pressure. As soon as the first went in you could tell they shit themselves. 

1st leg against Madrid was great for the neutral but terrible from a City POV really. Should never have been a 4-3 with how the game went. 

27 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

So have I, pretty sure being 2 goals ahead and 2 minutes away from the CL final would easily top my Shaka grasping at Fenton's shot PTSD dreams like. :lol:

Of course they'll be crestfallen tonight but surely they won't be feeling it as keenly or with a sense of foreshadowed historical significance as we hypothetically would? They've won 13 major honours in the last ten years or so, not to mention having actually made the final of this last year, and they'll fully anticipate being there again on multiple occasions in the future. I can't see the name 'Rodrygo' sounding anything like as poisonous to Man City fans in thirty years as Fenton/Collymore does to us...

Edit, sorry @Kid Icarus, completely missed the rest of the discussion.

9 minutes ago, Flip said:

His biggest error of the night was the handball by Cancelo that probably should've rendered in a penalty for Real Madrid. I thought he did well until ET. There he made a few errors, but none that had a big effect on the game. 

Well Casemiro escaped two very strong shouts for yellows,and the ref was right there both times. Then the ridiculous Sterling booking   that clearly wasn`t a foul, then allowing the second period of extra time being interrupted and even contributed to, etc etc