Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Paqueta is so different from what I thought he would be based on reports & highlight reels. His all action, hard pressing style which would make him suitable to play anywhere in midfield is nowhere to be seen.

Got a move, but not the one that he wanted so his head is down and performance is suffering. Plus I’m not sure that Moyes knows how best to use him. 

Just now, nufcjb said:

Any chance we go in for him in January? Let Bruno convince him during the World Cup? He may look crap there but I'm sure Howe and his coaching staff can make good of him in our team.

From what i’ve seen he doesn’t look like a player Howe would fancy at all. Poor in pressure and a bit luxury player. No thanks.

3 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

No doubt for me in EH's coaching setup he'd do better but still, I think it's a little premature to declare Paqueta a poor buy like :lol:

Of course but so far he hasn’t looked good at all and there must be a reason why we didn’t want him at all even at a decent price.

25 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Paqueta is so different from what I thought he would be based on reports & highlight reels. His all action, hard pressing style which would make him suitable to play anywhere in midfield is nowhere to be seen.

He looked perfect for the RCM role in a pressing side (ie us). I hope he’s actually shite though and Howe (and our scouting team) knew it.

It would really annoy me if he did well for West Ham :lol:

5 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

He looked perfect for the RCM role in a pressing side (ie us). I hope he’s actually shite though and Howe (and our scouting team) knew it.

It would really annoy me if he did well for West Ham :lol:

Yeah every time they're on, I find myself scanning for him and watching his play and movement almost obsessively, hoping he'll be poor. It's a bit unhealthy like :lol:

Just now, nortoon said:

Did the ball not clearly change direction after he touched the hand the first time? I can't quite believe that. [emoji38]

Think so. The ball might have ended up slightly behind him if it didn’t change direction and went more in a downward angle. Difficult one to say for sure.