Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Guest HTT II

De Gea Is literally the least of Man Utd’s problems and arguably one of their few world-class players, god knows where they’d be now without him…

53 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Another problem (since they resigned him, in all honesty). Goals at the start of the season doesn’t mask the fact he’s clearly a negative influence in the dressing room, and on the pitch. Won’t be there next season, for sure- both parties will want away from each other I reckon. 

Not saying it's not true, but these Ronaldo fan/Stan pages seem to be ran by absolute nutters.

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

De Gea Is literally the least of Man Utd’s problems and arguably one of their few world-class players, god knows where they’d be now without him…

God knows where they would be with Ederson or Alisson sweeping up.

59 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

God knows where they would be with Ederson or Alisson sweeping up.

Probably slightly worse off, since they aren't as good shot stoppers as De Gea, and since the Man U defence is nowhere near as good as Liverpools or Man Citys, they'd concede loads more goals with a different type of goalkeeper. 

2 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Probably slightly worse off, since they aren't as good shot stoppers as De Gea, and since the Man U defence is nowhere near as good as Liverpools or Man Citys, they'd concede loads more goals with a different type of goalkeeper. 

This. :lol:

Like a few others on here, I think Rashford is an average player. His career just hasn't progressed in the last three years. 

If it's not injuries then it's senior players not helping him out or some other excuse. He's 24 now and should be pushing on.

Signing Rashford would remind me so much of former signings like Owen, Duff and Nicky Butt.

Can anyone think of a young player who's career stalled at a big club, similar to Rashford, and then went on to fulfil their potential elsewhere? 

I know Chelsea let De Bruyne, Salah, Robben go but I would hardly say their careers had stalled when they left.

Edited by macphisto

I thought Sancho was pathetic yesterday with his non-celebration of the goal. I would have been fuming if I was a team mate. I would even go as far as to say he purposely missed the second attempt he had, he had time and space to place that one...

11 minutes ago, macphisto said:

His career just hasn't progressed in the last three years. 

It absolutely did. He was unreal the last two seasons under Ole (43 goals and 27 assists). For whatever reason this year he has completely regressed. As I said above though it isn't the lack of form that annoys me, it's the horrific attitude now when he's on the pitch. He just runs with his head down straight into walls of defenders, he doesn't track back and he just looks miserable on the pitch. I think the leaks coming out now about him being bemused at his role just show his character. He has been absolutely terrible this season, and instead of working hard to force his way back into the team he's "considering his options."

He can fuck off.

21 minutes ago, Froggy said:

It absolutely did. He was unreal the last two seasons under Ole (43 goals and 27 assists). For whatever reason this year he has completely regressed. As I said above though it isn't the lack of form that annoys me, it's the horrific attitude now when he's on the pitch. He just runs with his head down straight into walls of defenders, he doesn't track back and he just looks miserable on the pitch. I think the leaks coming out now about him being bemused at his role just show his character. He has been absolutely terrible this season, and instead of working hard to force his way back into the team he's "considering his options."

He can fuck off.

What do you think about his performances in the Premier League over the past few seasons? Fair enough the 2019/20 season but based on numbers I would say he's been average the rest of the time. Do his stats in Premier League not tell the full story?

10/11 goals a season is not to be sniffed at in the Premier League but it's also nothing special at the same time.

I get where you're coming from regarding attitude, most fans will forgive players if they can see they're putting in a shift. 

30 minutes ago, buzza said:

I thought Sancho was pathetic yesterday with his non-celebration of the goal. I would have been fuming if I was a team mate. I would even go as far as to say he purposely missed the second attempt he had, he had time and space to place that one...

This

All well and good if you're Dennis law .. but he didn't even make a first team squad at City.... he should have been going crazy.

Richards basically making a punditary career out of having a loud laugh and being the cheerful foil to misery guts Keano. He adds absolutely nothing of substance. There's probably only Jenas ahead of him in the queue if you gave me the power to start cancelling some of the regulars on Sky, BBC, BT etc. Truly awful.

18 minutes ago, gbandit said:

That’s just annoying as fuck though 

He's a small time, shit, ex-pro with the brain the size of a walnut. He fits right in at Sky Sports. A cheeky smile and generally being #lad somehow qualifies him as being an insightful pundit.

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

You've never needed to be insightful to be a pundit. Barely any of them tell you stuff you don't already know. At least Richards is positive with it. 

Yeah! It’s enjoyable to see someone having a good time, especially with some of the other image conscious drips in that studio. 

13 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

You've never needed to be insightful to be a pundit. Barely any of them tell you stuff you don't already know. At least Richards is positive with it. 

I would agree normally. He got it wrong yesterday. He was just annoying.

I thought Richards was a breath of fresh air originally... now I just find him loud and obnoxious

Mate I'm not interested in tuning in for you to find everything so hilarious and be screaming every 5 mins. I'm not trying to shag you.

:lol: everyone channeling their inner Keano with comments on Richards. "He's having fun and being himself, so he should FUCK OFF!" :lol: I honestly wish he'd rip the piss outta Keano more.

31 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I didn’t see yesterday. Actually I think they should stop the policy of having pundits that relate to the two teams… I’d rather have only neutral ones, so Richard never does Man City and Neville never does Man Utd etc. 

What? Nah man, you need the ex players in there, especially if there's drama on the pitch, then bias comes in and adds fuel to the theatre that is football. Thank fuck we aren't running the broadcasts. :lol: 

Edited by The Bonk