Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

8 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Accept the Liverpool treble now, and you’ll feel better when it happens 

No self-respecting football fan would want City to win the league over Liverpool anyway. City are a nothing club.

Guest HTT II
13 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Both teams still to play Eddie Howe's team. In successive weeks. City are at home. Liverpool are away.

I’d love it if we beat LFC to prevent them winning the league, fuck them!

Guest HTT II
28 minutes ago, Froggy said:

No self-respecting football fan would want City to win the league over Liverpool anyway. City are a nothing club.

I hope they win it, can’t stand LFC these days!

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Man City are Newcastle with a 12 year start? Similar supports pre-takeover, similar trophy cabinets pre-takeover…

I hope our next 12 years follow theirs, couldn’t give a fuck if people think we’re a nothing club while we do it. :lol:

There's no comparing City and Newcastle as clubs pre takeover IMO. 

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

I’m a Spurs fan. I didn’t want anyone to win the league except us (or Leyton Orient). In the rare occasions when we didn’t win the league, someone has to. I’d much rather it was a nothing club that  I didn’t give a shit about. Ergo, come on Man City!

28 minutes ago, Froggy said:

There's no comparing City and Newcastle as clubs pre takeover IMO. 

I think there’s a lot of similarities tbh. We had a better team for a while and grew bigger between 92-07, 07-22 they’ve taken it to another level, but up to that point there’s not much in it at all.

19 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think there’s a lot of similarities tbh. We had a better team for a while and grew bigger between 92-07, 07-22 they’ve taken it to another level, but up to that point there’s not much in it at all.

It's probably from spending too much time on here with all of you wankers but I've always felt like Newcastle are a much bigger club than City.

24 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Liverpool have had to win 11 in a row to close the gap, will probably need to win at least 8 out of 9 (including the game with City) to win the league. 

I just can't see them having that level of run, but if they keep the front 5 fit they could do it.

(Feel sick and dirty just saying that!)

Not sure why but I feel like it's completely in Man City's powers to fall over and drop stupid points somewhere whereas I don't see Liverpool doing that at all.

If you’re sensible, you’d have to think it’s still City’s league. Even if it goes down to the head to head tie between them. City can win the league with two possible outcomes from that match and Liverpool just one. However…the Achilles heel is obviously Pep. He will undoubtedly pull some mad shit in that game and end up losing. An all or nothing game suits Liverpool much more I think. 

Paul Merson said with confidence that he still thinks it will be City which means Liverpool winning is nailed on 

The only game I can see Liverpool possibly dropping points is at the Etihad, whereas City I can see dropping points away to Wolves and West Ham plus the game at the Etihad

I think Liverpool will win at the Etihad and then stay ahead of City

51 minutes ago, Froggy said:

It's probably from spending too much time on here with all of you wankers but I've always felt like Newcastle are a much bigger club than City.

“Always” is a moveable feast though. My always goes from the late 70s, my Dad’s from the 50s etc etc. Clubs have ebbed and flowed. We’re dangerously close to that stupid tired old conversation about what makes one club “bigger” than another :lol:

On 16/03/2022 at 11:17, Froggy said:

First and foremost, Rio Ferdinand is an absolute gluebag, so I would take anything he says with a pinch of salt. Hargreaves is a boring fence sitter and Scholes eats his daughters toenails. Robbie Savage is a prick as well. Worst team ever assembled on BT Sport last night.

I would argue that we did get Mourinho in his prime. 12 months prior to us signing him he had just won two trophies with Chelsea. 

Find the criticism appearing for Rangnick baffling to be honest. Against City we were arguably the better side in the first half and people were saying the difference in us under Ralf and Ole (clear plan etc. etc.) was night and day, and then the same people over a week later are saying he's out of his depth and not qualified enough.

At the end of the day, Rangnick wasn't brought in to be the long term manager. He's going to be upstairs soon doing what he is good at and developing the club. He's probably going to have a massive say in transfers in the future, and he has now seen the dressing room and is in a good position to sort the team out and get rid of all the passengers. I actually can't wait for the summer to see the back of half that team.

Nobody expected him to come in and make us title challengers or Champions League winners. It was a short term, get to the end of the season job and hopefully qualify for the CL so we are still in a position to attract the best players in the summer.

You’ve moved the goalposts. You said only Micah was attacking Ralf. Now 3 more pundits have done the same. 

Mourinho left Chelsea midtable in the league. The wheels had fallen off completely. He’s not gone on to any real success after Manchester United he was on a downward trajectory. And even then, he actually did a good job for a season. You look back at that team and it’s v. average. 2 trophies and your only 80+ point season since Fergie. 

Simple as - the Spartak Moscow technical director should never become Man Utd manager. He’s not managed for a decade. There’s a good argument that he shouldn’t even become Mam Utd technical director. His shitshow management undermines  any good he might be able to do upstairs. 

This is not a bad team at all in terms of individuals.  A lot more talent than the Mourinho side. 

4 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

The only game I can see Liverpool possibly dropping points is at the Etihad, whereas City I can see dropping points away to Wolves and West Ham plus the game at the Etihad

As someone said, they both still have to play Eddie Howe's Newcastle :cheesy: