Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Had they hired Conte and Spurs hired Ralf - what do people think would have happened to both clubs?

Manchester United challenge for top 4 and Spurs tank.  That’s the bottom line. 

Agree, I know why Man United didn’t want to Conte but it was a totally stupid decision :lol:

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Had they hired Conte and Spurs hired Ralf - what do people think would have happened to both clubs?

Manchester United challenge for top 4 and Spurs tank.  That’s the bottom line. 

Conte is definitely the personality type to turn it around. I’d argue Spurs are more of a “team”, as Man U are a collection of players strung together. Could have gone to shit and Conte might have walked as a bottom line as well.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Agree, I know why Man United didn’t want to Conte but it was a totally stupid decision :lol:

Why didn’t they want him?

the Neville rhetoric is killing them.  They are like any other massive club. Cycle your way through the best managers and they will compete. If they can get a Klopp or Guardiola you go and keep them.  

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Why didn’t they want him?

the Neville rhetoric is killing them.  They are like any other massive club. Cycle your way through the best managers and they will compete. If they can get a Klopp or Guardiola you go and keep them.  

From what I recall reading Conte wants too much power and control. Basically too high maintenance for man United taste. @Froggycan correct me if I’m wrong though. 

13 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Which ones?

I would really want to keep Bruno, De Gea, Varane, Sancho, Fred, Elanga, Dalot, Telles and McTominay. I wouldn't be annoyed if we kept Shaw, Rashford, Lindelof and Henderson.

Some of those guys aren't good enough to be starting, but have the right attitude at least. 

It is worrying though that the only guys we have that I think are good enough to be starting for us are De Gea, Varane, Bruno, Fred and Sancho. It's not even half a team. 

Just now, The Bonk said:

Conte is definitely the personality type to turn it around. I’d argue Spurs are more of a “team”, as Man U are a collection of players strung together. Could have gone to shit and Conte might have walked as a bottom line as well.

They are only a team because of Conte. Last 2 seasons they’ve finished 6,7. 

Conte would do what he’s done everywhere.  Come in. Win a lot. Sign some dross. And leave. 

They are challenging for the top 4, and despite that the players couldn’t even try and motivate themselves to show courage and the right mentality, a winners mentality. I’m not saying Rangnick is great, I don’t think he is. But I’m not having it that the players aren’t also very responsible for their attitude :lol: 

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

They are challenging for the top 4, and despite that the players couldn’t even try and motivate themselves to show courage and the right mentality, a winners mentality. I’m not saying Rangnick is great, I don’t think he is. But I’m not having it that the players aren’t also very responsible for their attitude :lol: 

They are responsible but the buck ends at Ralf and the senior management. 

He’s as suitable a manager of an elite football club as Bruce was suitable for us.  Maybe even worse.