Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

21 hours ago, joeyt said:

Grim

I'm pretty sure Idrissa Gueye is not going around decking gay people for thrills.

They should keep all of this political nonsense out of the game. It's all fake and no one really gives a shit about anyone.

We've been running countless bullshit anti racism campaigns for God knows how long now, and fans are still openly throwing racial slurs at players and folks in the stands. Fuck off with the lot of it.

Edited by KaKa

30 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

We drew yesterday and secured second place in La Liga. This is important because it gives us a spot in the new Supercopa, which is rather lucrative thanks to your overlords the government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. 

Given how dire things were looking before December, I'll honestly take this. Getting kicked out of the EL left a bit of a sour taste, we were on a high back then and it seemed we could go all the way. But ultimately this squad still needs lot of work, and we are not out of the woods financially so there's little room for big signings. Nonetheless, we have a spine of very talented young lads, which makes me optimistic for the future. Heck, even with our issues I think that if Pedri manages 40+ games next season we'll be up there. He's that special.

Fantastic turnaround by Xavi.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I'm pretty sure Idrissa Gueye is not going around decking gay people for thrills.

They should keep all of this political nonsense out of the game. It's all fake and no one really gives a shit about anyone.

We've been running countless bullshit anti racism campaigns for God knows how long now, and fans are still openly throwing racial slurs at players and folks in the stands. Fuck off with the lot of it.

I'm afraid we are currently highly political, you can't  keep it out of anything

20 hours ago, Mike said:

20 hours ago, Mike said:

Bet you they all applauded the kneeling before the game though! 

What a fucking shit show man. So sick of all the fake bullshit.

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

They should keep all of this political nonsense out of the game. It's all fake and no one really gives a shit about anyone'.

If it's such "nonsense" and "meaningless", then why has he decided to boycott it?

Like it or not, by doing so he has made it clear that he is against LGBTQ rights, and that he doesn't share the mantra of equality for all, he is rightly getting shite, as it's an unbelievable shitty world view. 

And this whole "Racism still happens so what's the point" is the exact reason it needs to carry on, as the more that message is engrained into people the more people might use a Braincell and realise were all the exact same.

1 minute ago, 1964 said:

I'm afraid we are currently highly political, you can't  keep it out of anything

It's so hard to stomach man. Makes me sick.

Can't wait to start piling on Gueye because he's not comfortable wearing the shirt due to his religious beliefs.

These same people will be out and about the next day calling people 'gay', 'fag', 'poof' or whatever else as an insult.

Fucking insufferable the lot of it.

Just now, 54 said:

If it's such "nonsense" and "meaningless", then why has he decided to boycott it?

Like it or not, by doing so he has made it clear that he is against LGBTQ rights, and that he doesn't share the mantra of equality for all, he is rightly getting shite, as it's an unbelievable shitty world view. 

And this whole "Racism still happens so what's the point" is the exact reason it needs to carry on, as the more that message is engrained into people the more people might use a Braincell and realise were all the exact same.

This is completely delusional and it will NEVER work this way. What a complete and utter joke man.

All these stupid meaningless gestures are just being put in place so that people can all get on their high horse and self righteously have a go at others. Behind closed doors everyone is doing something very different. It's bullshit.

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Can't wait to start piling on Gueye because he's not comfortable wearing the shirt due to his religious beliefs.

These same people will be out and about the next day calling people 'gay', 'fag', 'poof' or whatever else as an insult.

What nonsense

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

What nonsense

Whatever man ... feel free to carry on with the nonsense. 

Keep kneeling and wearing rainbow colours and fooling yourselves.

Just now, KaKa said:

Whatever man ... feel free to carry on with the nonsense. 

Keep kneeling and wearing rainbow colours and fooling yourselves.

Even if you believe the nonsense you posted about Gueye, surely the point of it is to educate homophobic people and be welcoming to openly gay supporters/players.

I would hate us to sign a homophobic player

1 minute ago, nemtizz said:

Religion being used as an excuse to be homophobic will never not anger me.

No ... that's just you having a problem with anyone that follows a religion, because you don't.

I doubt he spends a second worrying about what anyone is choosing to do sexually. Unless you can prove he is attacking anyone for it, then quit accusing him of being homophobic. That is ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Even if you believe the nonsense you posted about Gueye, surely the point of it is to educate homophobic people and be welcoming to openly gay supporters/players.

I would hate us to sign a homophobic player

And who says he isn't welcoming to them if he interacts with them? What, you think any gay person that walks up to a religious person just gets abused or smacked around? Are you actually serious?

5 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Religion being used as an excuse to be homophobic will never not anger me.

It’s such self-evidently wrong behaviour. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

No ... that's just you having a problem with anyone that follows a religion, because you don't.

I doubt he spends a second worrying about what anyone is choosing to do sexually. Unless you can prove he is attacking anyone for it, then quit accusing him of being homophobic. That is ridiculous.

If that was the case he wouldn't have thought twice about wearing a shirt with a rainbow number on it.

Just now, KaKa said:

And who says he isn't welcoming to them if he interacts with them? What, you think any gay person that walks up to a religious person just gets abused or smacked around? Are you actually serious?

No that's not what I said. 

If he isn't homophobic why did he refuse to play?

Just now, ponsaelius said:

If that was the case he wouldn't have thought twice about wearing a shirt with a rainbow number on it.

Um ... no.

Afterall people are applauding the kneeling and still hurling racial abuse about quite comfortably.

Just now, KaKa said:

Um ... no.

Afterall people are applauding the kneeling and still hurling racial abuse about quite comfortably.

You're referring to people as if they are one homogenous being. What a bizarre thing to say. I doubt anybody applauding the knee is also being racially abusive.

Just now, ponsaelius said:

You're referring to people as if they are one homogenous being. What a bizarre thing to say. I doubt anybody applauding the knee is also being racially abusive.

Just now, gbandit said:

Aye, definitely the same people

I mean how naive are you guys really.

I’m not discounting the fact that people are hypocrites, we all are. However, the vast majority of people hurling racial abuse are the ones who boo taking the knee and are “all lives matter” lads. You don’t seem to understand social psychology, the whole point of taking the knee and rainbow laces etc is that it becomes more and more stigmatised to be racist or homophobic. The more people that support those causes, the more ostracised racists become as it’s deemed socially unacceptable and ultimately they get called out for it, outed for being racists and get banned from games. It’s a huge societal process and takes ages to change. Would be interested to find out what you think would reduce racism and homophobic behaviour Kaka

40 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It would be better to also keep religion out of it then would it not?  

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

I’m not discounting the fact that people are hypocrites, we all are. However, the vast majority of people hurling racial abuse are the ones who boo taking the knee and are “all lives matter” lads. You don’t seem to understand social psychology, the whole point of taking the knee and rainbow laces etc is that it becomes more and more stigmatised to be racist or homophobic. The more people that support those causes, the more ostracised racists become as it’s deemed socially unacceptable and ultimately they get called out for it, outed for being racists and get banned from games. It’s a huge societal process and takes ages to change. Would be interested to find out what you think would reduce racism and homophobic behaviour Kaka

Honestly, it's actually getting to the point that I'm just as suspicious, even if not moreso of the people that go on about all these things all the time. I think it's become  a very convenient cover.

I don't see any of this nonsense changing. I just don't think most people are raised with any sense of decency or regard for other people, somewhere along the line it's just been lost or not deemed as important. All this kneeling, t-shirts, or rainbow colours aren't going to reverse all that. No chance.

4 minutes ago, 1964 said:

It would be better to also keep religion out of it then would it not?  

Not sure I understand what you mean, but I don't understand why any of this sort of stuff is done this way, because I see no evidence of it making ay kind of positive difference.

People's backgrounds and belief systems are so diverse and complicated and influenced by a myriad of things. As long as they aren't out harming or mistreating anyone then just leave all this rubbish out man.