Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

This is going to be a crazy season, I can see most teams outside of City being inconsistent and dropping points to anyone really. Everton look solid and although they are average overall, their signings have been sensible and they seem solid pros and that’s what they’ve needed. Southampton man are a weird team and Brighton badly need a goalscorer. Leeds nice on the eye, but they have a soft underbelly and I’m delighted for Fulham and Mitro as my nephew supports them and I’ve been to their ground about 5 times now. And Palace, again I like how they play, set up and what Vieira is doing there. Chelsea probably need to spend a few more hundred million if they lose this!

That’s without even considering the bloody World Cup in the middle. It’s so hard to predict.

Guest HTT II
Just now, leffe186 said:

That’s without even considering the bloody World Cup in the middle. It’s so hard to predict.

Aye it’s going to be one of those mental bat shit seasons. I think you guys have a real chance of 2nd and even though City are City, they could still stutter too!

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Southampton's pitch looks like it hasn't been changed from last season, it's a proper state.

Got some sort of disease according to comms during the Man Utd game. 

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Just about to turn 28, think he's in his prime now. Personally think he'd have got there earlier had he left Fulham sooner instead of yo-yoing with them, but fair play.

Athletic podcast was saying he would be great for Chelsea as their new Diego Costa

6 minutes ago, triggs said:

Must be the most under the radar team ever. Just a bunch of nobodies and JWP

Kyle Walker-Peters, Mohammed Salisu, Che Adams are far from 'nobodies'. Agree with your first sentence, though.

Thoughts on Adam Armstrong?

Looking a lot better since Southampton ditched that 4-2-2-2 and are now using him as an inverted forward.

Happy for him. Think he'll have a good season if they keep him in that role.

19 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Just about to turn 28, think he's in his prime now. Personally think he'd have got there earlier had he left Fulham sooner instead of yo-yoing with them, but fair play.

It could also be that he finally has a manager who trusts him and knows how to use him. Marco Silva is an underrated manager.