Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Just now, nortoon said:

Is Collins not the defender who played for Burnley when we got a free penalty from his handball, and then preceded to "shepherd"maxi out after being subbed, absolute tool, imagine signing that. :D

That’s him.  He’s absolutely shite.

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Even with ten men Wolves are playing the ball through them really well. 

Man City are weak at the back.

It won’t cost them today, but just watching them this season, they are nowhere near as solid as they used to be.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

Man City are weak at the back.

It won’t cost them today, but just watching them this season, they are nowhere near as solid as they used to be.

Im not sure there’s going to be any teams that will have their shit together enough this season to expose them (aside from the CL), but I do agree they are far from perfect at the back.

But overall it’s going to be a weird season, 2nd-4th place spots are there for the taking for anyone who can get a run going, including us when/if we have everyone available.

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

Im not sure there’s going to be any teams that will have their shit together enough this season to expose them (aside from the CL), but I do agree they are far from perfect at the back.

But overall it’s going to be a weird season, 2nd-4th place spots are there for the taking for anyone who can get a run going, including us when/if we have everyone available.

I don’t think we will have enough to get up there, even getting 7th would be a great season for us.

It is going to be weird though. It looks like Fulham are going to be safe, they are 1/4th of the way there already. Forest just aren’t jelling yet, and have already lost 2 games against the other promoted sides.

Southampton, and Leicester look like they will have poo seasons. 

3 minutes ago, wiseman said:

I don't think Man City are worried about the state of their backline when they will just keep scoring for fun

I'm not even sure it's their backline per se.

I just think their press looks a lot less effective at the front, and so the midfield and backline is a lot more exposed.

I think the likes of Sterling and Jesus were far more dynamic pressers and they really miss some of that.

Can't wait to see this Man City team start playing more of the better teams. They look really dodgy at times.

That Charity Shield match against Liverpool might be more of what we see when they face some better teams.

Wolves with 10 men should not be getting at them like this. This is crazy.

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Can't wait to see this Man City team start playing more of the better teams. They look really dodgy at times.

That Charity Shield match against Liverpool might be more of what we see when they face some better teams.

Wolves with 10 men should not be getting at them like this. This is crazy.

Man City had only had 2 pre-season friendlies before that charity shield. And they had the better of the chances that day despite the scoreline. I wouldn't read too much into it. The form of the two sides since tells its own story. Still a long way to go yet but I can't see how any team would be in peak condition with two pre-season games.