Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

4 minutes ago, jack j said:

As bad as our game yesterday that mind.

Just typed paqueta into twitter. West ham fans want him off ha

Always felt that was the wrong move for him. He would have been far better waiting for a better suited club.

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Oh ... and comparing this to our game yesterday is not on. We did far more than either of these teams have so far. Just couldn't find the final end product.

Which i why the overreactions to yesterday are so hilarious, we're chalk and cheese to how we used to be.

1 minute ago, STM said:

I don't think he's in trouble but he has alot of work to do, to re create a side from scratch effectively.

He needed to buy a Fallaini type rather than Paqueta to suit his big bruiser style of football.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Paqueta hauled off. 

@Flip you have to be concerned about him leading up to the World Cup. Going to be horrible preparation for him.

I’m not :lol: if he does badly we just play Rich, Jesus, Rodrygo, Antony, Martinelli etc. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He'll take time to adapt but he was poor there.

Not sure he will under Moyes.

Paqueta seems a rhythm player that needs to get a lot of touches consistently and needs to be found when he is in space.

West Ham don't use the ball well enough to get him touches in the right areas consistently.

Think Everton got their defensive recruitment spot on. Tarkowski and Coady have looked good the couple of times I've seen them this season here and against Liverpool. No frills but solid and what they needed after last season.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think Everton got their defensive recruitment spot on. Tarkowski and Coady have looked good the couple of times I've seen them this season here and against Liverpool. No frills but solid.l.andnwhat they needed after last season.

Yeah, annoyingly they were just the type of players they needed. Still not convinced Maupay was a good buy though, despite that goal.

Maupay is a PL striker, which is what Everton need while DCL is away doing his fashion shoots.

I think sometimes there's an expectation that shite clubs can just sign quality players and everything will be OK. Sometimes they just need some solid PL players. We did it with Burn and Targett, even Wood to a lesser extent.