Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

7 minutes ago, astraguy said:

Fair play but honestly Shearer and Rooney were a different class he isn't in the same bracket 

Outscored both on national level, and on course to beat both in the Pl. Hes right up there..

28 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Tonight is the least tempting MOTD in recent memory, a proper dull day of football. 

What? Wolves vs Forest was an epic tactical battle 

Did you not see Leicesters possession stats?

'Le Classique' tonight at 7.45pm on BT Sport. It's surprisingly tight at the top of the French league, despite PSG taking 26 from 30 available, and Marseille can go joint top if they get a surprise win. Marseille lost for the first time last week at home to Ajaccio who were bottom of the league, and managed to win 1-2, despite only having 1 shot on target, ha.

Quite an interesting set of fixtures today, 5 matches with a lot of higher stature clubs involved, and pretty much all of them playing each other.

It's subjective, but if I was ranking them, I'd have Man Utd, Liverpool, and Arsenal as the biggest clubs in the country, with Chelsea and Man City boosted towards that level after their respective takeovers, investment, and recent success. I'd normally consider Spurs, Everton, Newcastle and Villa to be around the same size in stature, with Tottenham differentiating themselves in the past 15 years or so with their high league finishes, players, and new stadium, hence the 'big 6'. I'd then have Leeds and West Ham - West Ham joining in recent years with them filling their new stadium, and doing well in the league, and starting to spend a bit more of late.

So of those 10/11 clubs, today we have:

Liverpool vs Man City

Man Utd vs Newcastle

Aston Villa vs Chelsea

Leeds vs Arsenal

Edit - totally forgot that Tottenham played Everton yesterday, so the 10 biggest clubs (IMO) all playing each other over the weekend. Had Spurs or Everton been in the Europa League then all of them would have been today.

Edited by Paullow