Newcastle United vs. Aston Villa: 13/02/2022 @ 2pm (Sky)

LRD

2 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Whilst I want to see him too, if we keep winning and the current 3 stay fit and available, then he doesn't start. So no, we don't "have to" start him soon because us NOT starting him means we're winning every match, which is the most important thing.

Cons: We don't get to see Bruno

Pros: We win every match

Eventually though we'll not win, and then he'll come in. Which seems fair enough to me.

Players have to believe that if they play well enough and do well enough, that they can keep someone else out the team. Dropping someone after Everton would send out the reverse signal - Doesn't matter what you do, I'll always play the other guy.

If shola scored and we won would you keep him in for shearer in the next match ? 

4 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

If shola scored and we won would you keep him in for shearer in the next match ? 

If Shearer had only been at the club 7 days, had never played in the PL and was still getting to know the other players at the club, probably.

He will be a regular fixture in this side very soon. Let it happen organically, instead of disappointing someone who is performing well.

Just now, STM said:

If Shearer had only been at the club 7 days, had never played in the PL and was still getting to know the other players at the club, probably.

He will be a regular fixture in this side very soon. Let it happen organically, instead of disappointing someone who is performing well.

Fairly sure we all know how good he is like. We'll see what happens and hopefully it's the right call again but feel we needed the extra quality today to counter what they have with Coutiniho.

7 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Just took Dan Burn first goal,  come on!!!!!

Exited to see Dan Burn making his debut today and stuff!

Would've liked to see Bruno start today. Hope he will come on in the second half.

Edited by Toon No9

11 minutes ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

This is a different situation though as Bruno is not the clubs all time top goal scorer. In fact he hasn’t even played a full game yet. 

No but he's likely head and shoulders our best midfielder a full international. Shelvey and Wilock have had a few good games lately but being honest they've been poor all season. Shelvey seems a red card waiting to happen and Wilock can just go missing. Having a possible world class midfielder sat on the bench behind these two is mental in my opinion.