Newcastle United vs. Aston Villa: 13/02/2022 @ 2pm (Sky)

LRD

Villa are a midtable team. They're very useful attacking the opposition, but leave a lot to be desired defensively. They're better than us on paper, but given they've conceded ten in five, we can definitely get at them.

Gerrard has a lot to prove before he can be described as 'the real deal'.

1 hour ago, madras said:

I don't get that, are teams like Everton and Leeds just poorer teams when they've played us ? Maybe Villa will do the same today then ? 

I think both teams were below par when they played us and neither of them had a striker.

6 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Seems people are already trying to get under Bruno’s skin, very little facts in this story and a very misleading headline to boot - just loads of details left out to possibly to insinuate more then there is?

Bruno falls out in dressing room row

So why share it.

You seem intent on negativity like.

Edited by Wilson

Just now, Ikon said:

So do I. Not near good enough on the ball. Average to decent defensively. 

We just need someone to defend well behind ASM, Dummett has always been a decent defender IMO.

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

We just need someone to defend well behind ASM, Dummett has always been a decent defender IMO.

Yes, but you only have to look at Targett, who himself isn't exactly amazing on the ball and in possession. Still we looked ten times better overall as a team. He's good on the ball without being special, but that alone makes us so much more balanced and allows us to keep possession much better as a whole. 

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Yes, but you only have to look at Targett, who himself isn't exactly amazing on the ball and in possession. Still we looked ten times better overall as a team. He's good on the ball without being special, but that alone makes us so much more balanced and allows us to keep possession much better as a whole. 

Agreed, but Targett isn't available. The alternatives are a right back and a centre back playing out of position. Both of them are capable of doing a job, but it's not ideal either.

1 hour ago, Tyne81 said:

Away from predicting the result, how great is it to genuinely look forward to our games once again? Nerves and excitement, it's like your abusive partner has genuinely changed.

Yeah I was just enjoying the fact that I'm excited about the game, without really concerning myself with what the result will be. It'll probably be a damp squib now.

This won't be a popular post but I'm starting to feel anxious about this game. Feel like it's got 'crash down to earth' all over it. From the misery of the Cambridge fiasco followed by that Watford equaliser - to three wins on the bounce... dunno, doesn't sound very 'us'. Would take a point. 

Might feel different if Trippier is in the line-up. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

This won't be a popular post but I'm starting to feel anxious about this game. Feel like it's got 'crash down to earth' all over it. From the misery of the Cambridge fiasco followed by that Watford equaliser - to three wins on the bounce... dunno, doesn't sound very 'us'. Would take a point. 

Might feel different if Trippier is in the line-up. 

5-0 win today. Bruno with all of them.