West Ham United 1 - 1 Newcastle United (19/02/2022)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Guybrush said:

Speaking of midfield, what am I supposed to see in Rice? Commentary going on about him being the complete midfielder and I didn't see any of that. 

He’s arguably the best defensive midfielder outside of the top 4 sides. He had a fantastic World Cup too. I’d love to have him here behind our Brazilians. 

2 minutes ago, Guybrush said:

Speaking of midfield, what am I supposed to see in Rice? Commentary going on about him being the complete midfielder and I didn't see any of that. 

I think he's very good but he was poor in the first half today.

ASM and Trippier were a big miss today and I honestly think if we had them this was 3 points.

4 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

It's mad how the midfield was our weakest area at the start of the season and now its the best and none of them starting are new.

Shows what happens when you employ a good manager and not a buffoon.

2 minutes ago, JeffJ said:

Flipped over to Sky to hear Tim Sherwood just said if Bruce was our manager then Villa’s offside goal would have stood last week. 

We are lucky now and everything is going our way apparently.

Probably would've stood to be fair, someone would've been ridiculously out of position and playing him a yard on.

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

Thought Eddie Howe didn't know how to coach a defence? Rafa-esque in our organisation. Love it.

Other than 3 wins on the bounce that's the most surprising thing for me when you look at our last 6 results. 

Only 4 conceded in the last 6 and add to that Dubravka has hardly have a save to make within those games. Rather than single handedly keeping us in games.

3 minutes ago, Guybrush said:

Aye, Scott Parker got the same, it was weird.

Rice is a great DM and obviously a powerful runner but he's hardly Ruud Gullit. 

4 minutes ago, Guybrush said:

He didn't have a good game, but he is legit absolutely quality.  We should sign him.

Guest neesy111
Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Parker was one of the most overrated players I've seen.  Never got the hype.

Guest neesy111
Just now, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

We're becoming the type of team that's horrible to play against. Hard working, organised and snidey in a subtle way. 

Absolute polar opposite than Bruce ball.

Guest neesy111
3 minutes ago, Andy said:

Probably would've stood to be fair, someone would've been ridiculously out of position and playing him a yard on.

Matt Ritchie is that man.

Great result. A bit like the Villa game, no real clear cut chances for either side but somehow finished 1-1. Think we'll stay up now.

6 games unbeaten, went to the team in 4th and deservedly got a point without Wilson, ASM or Trippier. 

2 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

If true absolute shithouseary of the highest order and absolutely class 

dVEcQ3P.jpg

Fucking hell I was actually thinking that throughout the game, that someone should just meow at him. Didn't expect us to actually do it [emoji38]

Chris Wood MOTM

EDIT: It could be bollocks like?

Edited by Hanshithispantz

5 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Rice is really good, honestly. The fact we kept him more or less between their centre halves and unable to go on his driving runs is a big compliment to how we approached the game imo.