West Ham United 1 - 1 Newcastle United (19/02/2022)

Yorkie

For me, that performance was better than any of the 3 wins.

We controlled the first half and should've been ahead. We tired a bit towards the end but still looked so solid against a good team whilst missing key players.

If Targett or Krafth put in some better deliveries we'd have won.

Dubravka 6 Barely had anything to do

Krafth 6 Decent but silly free kick

Schar 7 Cool

Burn 7 Calm and composed

Targett 8 Marked Bowen out of the game

Fraser 7 Tireless again

Willock 9 Absolute class

Shelvey 7 Was decent

Joelinton 7 Bossed the middle as per

Murphy 7 Actually thought he was good

Wood 5 Faded badly in the second half

Howe 9 Game management superb again.

I only watched the second half (4:30am kickoff over here) but I loved what I saw. Joelinton was absolutely everywhere, Burn and Schar are just classy at the back, and most of all it was so great to see us pushing for a winner in the last ten minutes instead of bunkering down to try to hold onto the 1-1.

If we had, like, any of our forwards playing we might have won this, but I will take a draw no questions asked.

Also fucking amazed nobody got red carded, there were some wild tackles going in there, the one where Fraser injured himself in particular, but also Burn after the ball went out of play good lord.

I completely appreciate that people want to say that our recent performances are down to key players like Trippier who have raised the bar. Yes, he's undeniably class, but for me it says a lot more about Howe and the coaching staff.

He's had a few weeks to drill them in terms of shape, positioning and tactics. 10 points in 12 and results when playing players who should be nowhere near the first team, IMO.

He's taking us in the right direction and the players are buying in.

Edited by BlazeT44

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Willock certainly on board with Howe after that interview.

Joe Willock on Eddie Howe: “He is a fantastic manager and not only that but also a fantastic person. I am so happy he is here. I have a close relationship with him and we all trust him.”

Great to hear it. 

Feel really sorry for Bruno as he must've joined expecting to go straight in (and fair enough given how we were looking going into the window), but the 3 J's haven't put a foot wrong - Howe is totally justified in sticking with it for now.

1 minute ago, Bimpy474 said:

Brilliant result, while not something exciting i loved that performance.

Yeah we can really make a team look like shit right now, it's wonderful. I'll take as many of these ugly results as they want to give us.

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

It's mad how the midfield was our weakest area at the start of the season and now its the best and none of them starting are new.

Can't be understated enough. Even longstaff has looked OK over the past month. Complete turn around.

Just now, JeffJ said:

Flipped over to Sky to hear Tim Sherwood just said if Bruce was our manager then Villa’s offside goal would have stood last week. 

We are lucky now and everything is going our way apparently.

As has been said, Tim Sherwood is a prick.

Just now, JeffJ said:

Flipped over to Sky to hear Tim Sherwood just said if Bruce was our manager then Villa’s offside goal would have stood last week. 

We are lucky now and everything is going our way apparently.

You are joking right? ;D;D;D;D