Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

Bittersweet about it as was really enjoying being proved right to such a ridiculous degree but obviously its only right.

Then I'll not miss the Bruce propaganda like a paper today that 'prior to Newcastle' he had 25years of 'creditable' career (Palace, Sheff Wed, Aston VIlla?!).

Plus we can always invest in his replacement doing much bettter to continue to prove the same point

We've seen the last of him now. Even he's not coming back from four horrific jobs in a row.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Just now, Shearergol said:

But to be fair, that was a travesty. As much as I hate him he was a really good defender.

Yeah, he was. I disliked man u a lot during his time with them (and afterwards too) but I always thought he was a very good defender and his partnership with England international Pallister was excellent. As a manager, and indeed as a person, he is the absolute opposite.

5 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

But to be fair, that was a travesty. As much as I hate him he was a really good defender.

Not really a travesty. He was rightly behind the likes of Tony Adams, Terry Butcher and Des Walker in the pecking order. Plus Bruce was painfully slow.

A couple caps in friendlies maybe, but they weren't just handed out then and by the time they were (Oceania tour 91, Venables reign) he was at veteran stage. Mabbutt, Adams, Walker, Butcher, Wright, Pallister, Howey, Keown were just better. Less cumbersome and lumbering looking and at international level managers looked for players that could play.

Edited by Wolfcastle

I don't really know what to add, the guy is just completely inept and hasn't got a chuffin clue.

It's laughable but also ridiculous to think how much he has made from being absolutely sh*te at management.

Can't wait to hear his next interview and how it was everybody's fault except his. Deluded idiot.

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Wasn't Des Walker infamously shite for England, or have I just dreamt that up?!

Bit of both. He was the best defender in the country by a mile before he went to Italy in 92. Which in itself was proof of the oppposite.

It was several notches above any other league at the time and he flopped badly and was broken thereafter, but only continued playing for England in that 92/93 season, albeit badly. The years prior to that he was fine

Edited by Wolfcastle

5 minutes ago, OoOGazOoO said:

I don't really know what to add, the guy is just completely inept and hasn't got a chuffin clue.

It's laughable but also ridiculous to think how much he has made from being absolutely sh*te at management.

Can't wait to hear his next interview and how it was everybody's fault except his. Deluded idiot.

He can throw the owner under the bus now, finally, bet he couldn't wait. Didn't he do that here. Not say a peep about his master then intermated how difficult it was after he left?

Edited by Wolfcastle

Useless fat knacker gets himself another payoff, it's almost like he's realised he can make more money by half arseing his job and getting sacked than by putting any actual effort in. 

Hopefully that is the last we see of him in the dugout. 

Edited by Bizza

Gutted. Now I have to go and refresh myself about the mackems' situation. I followed the ongoings at WBA more than the garbage down the road this season.

And I bet you, what will make it worse is, Bruce will turn up at Sky or BT for one of our games soon. Please go to be with beIN in Qatar with hairy hands.

bbc:

"Bruce admitted he tried to change too much, too soon when he arrived, so it took six games for his first win; 2-0 at Hull in early March, by which time early talk of still pushing for the top two and even the top six was quickly dissipating."