Newcastle United 2 - 1 Brighton & Hove Albion (05/03/2022)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, ElDiablo said:

Possession merchants this lot. 

I'm getting Swansea vibes off them. We're dismantling Brighton Rafa style the way we did them a few seasons back.

4 minutes ago, dave s said:

We weren’t at our best by any means, but came in 2 nil up. I’ll take that.

Bruno and ASM double sub 10 mins into 2nd half Eddie 😊

Make it halftime and you got a deal.

Just now, Conjo said:

I'm getting Swansea vibes off them. We're dismantling Brighton Rafa style the way we did them a few seasons back.

This is it, other than one or two last ditch tackles they've not really shown any threat in front of goal, they play the ball around nicely but don't do much with it.

1 minute ago, Mattoon said:

This is it, other than one or two last ditch tackles they've not really shown any threat in front of goal, they play the ball around nicely but don't do much with it.

They had a couple of good chances to score I thought, just no one there to apply a finish. That said, we should have had a couple more as well, so the score is fair enough regardless of the fairly loose football.

We were clinical in the first twenty and have looked dangerous since. They've worked the ball well, even within the box, but our last man defending has been good. Their best chances were the two set pieces in the first ten minutes.

Shelvey a little off the pace, so give it 10-15 and maybe take him off for Bruno. Give ASM 10-15 too.

Long time since we’ve been so sloppy in midfield. All three need to up their game in the second half, especially Shelvey. 

This time Bruno G can come in and really make a difference during second half.

Edited by Milburn