Newcastle United 2 - 1 Brighton & Hove Albion (05/03/2022)

Yorkie

Just now, Disco said:

Good half. Been decent as fuck going forwards but a bit ropey at the back without them creating too much.

Krafth is sadly giving them too much room on his side, other than that its been pretty good. Letting them come up and try to break away has been working so far. But im afraid of Krafth's side and Shelvey having a old Shelvey game.

Weird game, feels like our midfielders have been chasing shadows for the most part, the two wide players have been a real threat bar Murphy's finishing. Still...2-0. I'l take it.

Brighton controls practically every match they play, which makes us not look so good in general play, but this seems to be the recipe to beat them. Solid organisation in the back, quick, effective counter attacks due to their high pressing. Well played by Howe imo.

I watched the Brighton Burnley match the other week and it was one of the weirdest 3 nils I'd ever seen. Brighton completely dominated the match nearly everywhere.

So far this is quite similar tbh, a strange 2-0 lead. Would say we need to control the midfield more and stop allowing them space, but then maybe that's part of the plan. :lol:

Next goal crucial, 3-0 and it's over, 2-1 and it'll get nervy. I'd make a proactive change and get either Bruno on for Shelvey and/or ASM for Murphy. Manquillo for Krafth later on. EH doesn't typically make early changes though. Big win here for us if we can do the right things second half.

Just now, TRon said:

Weird game, feels like our midfielders have been chasing shadows for the most part, the two wide players have been a real threat bar Murphy's finishing. Still...2-0. I'l take it.

Agreed. Bit lucky to be 2-0 up although we create the biggest chances. 

Hopefully we get Bruno and St. Max on sooner rather than later to control the midfield and punish Brighton on the counter

What a weird half of football, we've been 2nd best yet we're 2 up and should be 3. :lol:

Our midfield has been pretty poor to be honest and where most of our issue have come from, Shelvey has been sloppy and off the pace, would like to see Bruno replace him, and Willock has been anonymous but hopefully he grows into the game like he tends too, Joe has been beastly again mind. Wood, Fraser and Murphy have been full of pressing, and our defense has been solid, Burn being solid as a rock.