Southampton vs Newcastle United: 10/03/2022 @ 19:30 (No UK TV)

LRD

I just hope we win to push Ralph over the edge. ASM to start, I'd like to see Bruno in for Shelvey as he was a yard off pace against Brighton and needs a rest, same could be said for Fraser but he's been instrumental in ASM absence.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Ralph whinging on again his press conference. The fewm from him if we win here will be excellent.

A win and copying one of their late second half faux injury drink breaks pls

I wouldn’t change things, we will have more control of the ball than we did against Brighton where it was obvious Bruno should have been in instead of Shelvey.

However, Chelsea will be a different matter and that’s when we should bring him in.

I also think Murphy has done well, if ASM isn’t 100%, just bring him on at 70 mins.. if we have a lead to defend, he will scare the shit out of anyone on the break.

1 minute ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

https://twitter.com/NUFC360/status/1501526803499868161?cxt=HHwWgoCz9YOrv9YpAAAA

Embedded tweeks currently broken but link to Hasenhüttl's pre-match presser saying it's a totally different team to what it should have been 2 months ago.

Not sure 3 players (Burn, Wood & Targett) equates to a totally different team.

Will Southampton be starting the exact same XI then would have 2 month ago ?

1 minute ago, madras said:

Will Southampton be starting the exact same XI then would have 2 month ago ?

Exactly. Unless he's referring to us as a totally different team that's full of confidence, playing well & getting results, unlike the NUFC of 2 months ago.

Not fussed like - hopefully we tonk them with Burn, Wood, Targett and Bruno all involved in our goals.

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Ralph whinging on again his press conference. The fewm from him if we win here will be excellent.

I don't think he's doing his own team any favours here. It's like getting your excuses in early.

Guest reefatoon
29 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

https://twitter.com/NUFC360/status/1501526803499868161?cxt=HHwWgoCz9YOrv9YpAAAA

Embedded tweeks currently broken but link to Hasenhüttl's pre-match presser saying it's a totally different team to what it should have been 2 months ago.

Not sure 3 players (Burn, Wood & Targett) equates to a totally different team.

What a fucking arsehole he is.

"It's not fair, they are playing better now and I want to play them when they are shit, wah wah wah".  What an absolute balloon.

Are there many fans from on here going to the game tomorrow? I’m travelling down and will be there about 3ish. I’m staying overnight but wouldn’t mind meeting up with some other fans if possible

15 minutes ago, rywilde said:

Are there many fans from on here going to the game tomorrow? I’m travelling down and will be there about 3ish. I’m staying overnight but wouldn’t mind meeting up with some other fans if possible

Fair play for going down shocking kick off for away fans like with the distance between the clubs.

Don’t think Ralph said much wrong. Listen to his interview in context rather than half a sentence. Bit like we asked people to do regarding AS and her headline comments in her FT interview.

20 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Don’t think Ralph said much wrong. Listen to his interview in context rather than half a sentence. Bit like we asked people to do regarding AS and her headline comments in her FT interview.

Ralph was asked a barbed question, but his reply was still total bollocks.

AS comments sound a little better in context, but she still shouldn't have made them.

Even with the benefit of context, neither have covered themselves in glory.

2-1 loss, the run has to end at some time and no shame in losing to these who are a very good side, we are capable of getting something though.

Would keep the team the same but would probably take out Shelvey for Bruno and give the lad his first start, and of course take out Murphy who I think is genuinely awful for Maxi.

Think we need some fresh legs for this. Run has been inbelievable but to keep it going, we need to rotate a bit. Revert to normal line up against Chelsea. 

Think this is most likely to be a draw unless we go for them from the off and then protect, assuming we can take the lead. 

Southampton are basically safe and in mid-table no mans land so what does it fucking matter?! If they were going for Europe or battling relegation his point would hold more weight but he just sounds like he's whining now

1 minute ago, Thiago said:

Did he confirm if Salisu is fit?

Said he’d have to make a late call. However, he’s been training for the last few days, so looks pretty certain to be starting. 

If he's had hamstring tightness it would be bold to push him to play twice in four days. I think they might be doing what we did with ASM before West Ham. Either way we go to try and win.