Roman Abramovich

Pokerprince2004

Guest HTT II
Just now, gjohnson said:

Plus we'll need their oil now more than ever.....

It’s like it was part of some past ‘deal’ from the start…

10 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Of he went to Ibrox every game he’d be pushing up daises now..

Would he balls....Glasgow is no different to Liverpool/Manchester/Newcastle/Leeds really.

He'd have security coming out of his arse and no-one would be able to get near him. He could literally give fans the finger and escape unharmed (sound familiar)

5 minutes ago, Kasper said:

It's not that far fetched that at some point the Saudis will cross a line and the west cant turn a blind eye anymore.

If you are certain that this couldnt happen to us, you're dreaming.

Do you know much about the Middle East? There is not a chance anything will happen with the Saudis. They are not going to give up the protection of the US when they have Iran in the neighbourhood. Likewise for the US who deem the Saudi's far too valuable an ally.

It is no coincidence that Trump made his first overseas visit to Saudi Arabia. He's not alone, Obama went to Saudi Arabia three times. They are a key strategic partner. 

23 minutes ago, veriaqa said:

As long as Saudi dont attack a white european country, UK government would do nothing about NUFC's ownership.

So, for anyone who worried that this thing that happen to Chelsea could happen to NUFC: relax it wont! Because as "barbaric" as the Saudi's are, they're not stupid. Clearly not stupid enough to attack white european country anywhere in the future.

For anyone waiting enthusiastically, keep waiting... maybe your hope of fans ownership or whatever could happen in world dominated by capitalist ideology.

All but 1 of the 9/11 terrorists were Saudi

12 minutes ago, Kasper said:

It's not that far fetched that at some point the Saudis will cross a line and the west cant turn a blind eye anymore.

I'm glad that you prove my point that if/when the "barbaric" saudi attack a white european country then it crosses the line. But when they bombing the brown yemenis it's not.

What "line" it is? I let people guess themselves...

Just now, HTT II said:

It’s like it was part of some past ‘deal’ from the start…

Well when you've got a friend who's being a c**t and everyone including you can see they're being a c**t you advise them to stop, but in the end they're still your friend. When you've got an enemy who's been quiet for a while, but suddenly starts bullying the little kid neighbour you stand up to them when you can.

9 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Because I was five years old when my brother took me to watch Newcastle. I don’t feel anything towards other clubs. I am at non league every week though. If Newcastle disbanded and rebirthed at non league level I’d be on board 100 

Fair enough, I feel the same. During the last 14 years, I'd love to have supported someone else but just couldn't do it.

Just now, Groundhog63 said:

And yet the Western world introduced no sanctions, did not invade, and continued to trade billions of £/$ with them. It’s going to be a hell of a line that they cross for any disruption of relationship to occur and problems occur for our club. 

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Would he balls....Glasgow is no different to Liverpool/Manchester/Newcastle/Leeds really.

He'd have security coming out of his arse and no-one would be able to get near him. He could literally give fans the finger and escape unharmed (sound familiar)

He wouldn’t have risked his safety, just look at what Celtic fans did to their CE…

Liverpool and Man Utd fans are far more militant.

Ashley wouldn’t have lasted over a decade at either club!

12 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Saudi Arabia is a country that is very much moving in a civilising and western direction to consolidate their future, post-oil.

An important part of that is their acquisition of us.We (us in Newcastle and the UK) will have an excellent civilising influence, medium-term and long-term, on their country and how they treat their people.

This is the amazingly positive aspect of our Takeover by the Saudi P I F, that is so "enthusiastically ignored" by anti-Saudi people and the anti-Saudi Media . . . because it's reality does not fit in with their pre-conceptions and their tunnel vision agendas.

So, to answer your point above, I am not dreaming, but it will not happen to us, quite the reverse for the reasons stated !!!

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He wouldn’t have risked his safety, just look at what Celtic fans did to their CE…

Liverpool and Man Utd fans are far more militant.

Ashley wouldn’t have lasted over a decade at either club!

Yet the despised Glazers are still at Man U taking out their billion a year with no serious protest, Hicks and Gillett weren't forced out, they just saw a big profit and took it despite the mild rumblings of the Kop.

Ashley would be sitting pretty for the rest of the century at either

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

Yet the despised Glazers are still at Man U taking out their billion a year with no serious protest, Hicks and Gillett weren't forced out, they just saw a big profit and took it despite the mild rumblings of the Kop.

You have to factor in how Ashley ran us, do that at either of those clubs and he would be toast. 

5 minutes ago, manorpark said:

We (us in Newcastle and the UK) will have an excellent civilising influence, medium-term and long-term, on their country and how they treat their people.

heard a lot of this, and i'm afraid i'm going to have to ask you to show your working.

6 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Saudi Arabia is a country that is very much moving in a civilising and western direction to consolidate their future, post-oil.

An important part of that is their acquisition of us.We (us in Newcastle and the UK) will have an excellent civilising influence, medium-term and long-term, on their country and how they treat their people.

This is the amazingly positive aspect of our Takeover by the Saudi P I F, that is so "enthusiastically ignored" by anti-Saudi people and the anti-Saudi Media . . . because it's reality does not fit in with their pre-conceptions and their tunnel vision agendas.

So, to answer your point above, I am not dreaming, but it will not happen to us, quite the reverse for the reasons stated !!!

Along with being long term allies of the U.K, it was quite telling that even the US didn’t not follow through with any sanctions on MBS even under Biden.

13 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Aye, trained by a man exiled from the Saudi government. If anything he hated the Saudi government more than the west, since in his mind, they betrayed the holy land during the first gulf War by allowing U.S troops to be stationed in SA.

I've always found that a bizarre viewpoint. It's not the same as Gaddafi actively supporting the Lockerbie bombing.

2 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Glazers have bought £1.2 billion in players, champions league most years.

Hicks and Gillett were only there for three years and it would have soon become untenable for them after that.. 

We got relegated twice. 

Neither of those clubs were run into the ground like we were under Ashley for such a length of time.

By the way, not having SA as a key ally in the middle east would be a disaster for Western security.

Edging SA towards a more westernised country is the only way forward.

They are cunts but unless someone can find a better solution...

Just now, macphisto said:

Glazers have bought £1.2 billion in players, champions league most years.

Hicks and Gillett were only there for three years and it would have soon become untenable for them after that.. 

We got relegated twice. 

Neither of those clubs were run into the ground like we were under Ashley for such a length of time.

Well you'd think from the way the Man U fans whinged on that the Glazers were worse than Ashley.

Apart from the fact that even despite them actively and obviously taking money out they still manage to spend massive fees on players and make profits every year.  Most of them still think Ashley was good for us and we treated him harshly.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, STM said:

By the way, not having SA as a key ally in the middle east would be a disaster for Western security.

Edging SA towards a more westernised country is the only way forward.

They are cunts but unless someone can find a better solution...

It’s a case of you’d rather be on good terms with them than not even if it means sacrificing some morals when they do some bad shit. It’s like the situation in Ukraine, we’d rather be friends of theirs, but remain out of their conflict, even if it means sacrificing some morals when the other side do bad shit o them while we watch, because it would effect us negatively. It’s just the way things are sadly.

1 hour ago, macphisto said:

You think if there was mass hostility to the Saudi's that they would have still taken us over?

To be clear I'm not saying I'm against the Saudis as I was over the moon when they took us over but if the vast majority of fans were hostile to the takeover then I don't think it would have gone through.

Exactly right. 

The simple fact is that NUFC fans as a collective could not be arsed to boycott matches for the period of time sufficient to make Ashley quickly sell up. It wouldn't even have taken that many matches either. A dozen matches at the absolute most in front of an empty SJP and he would have been gone long before he actually departed.

We as a fanbase also collectively petitioned to have the Saudis own us, and when it looked like they had pulled out we were completely heartbroken about it. Me being one of them. And I am now over the moon that they finally succeeded, with zero regrets, despite what is happening in Ukraine. One day they may be forced to bugger off due to politics but until that day arises I am going to enjoy this era on a gigantic level.

The idea that fans cannot influence who owns their club is lazy, hand-wringing bullshit.

18 minutes ago, enthusiast said:

heard a lot of this, and i'm afraid i'm going to have to ask you to show your working.

Well, I have not 'heard a lot of this' I usually just hear (and read) the opposite !

I'm afraid that I have lost my 'workings' at the same time as I lost my workings that show that night follows day, and the world is round !!!

Edited by manorpark