Everton vs Newcastle: 17/03/2022 @ 19:45 (Amazon Prime)

Fantail Breeze

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I said yesterday, I keep expecting Everton to come good and they just don't. Two wins since September is absolutely shocking.

14 of their 22 points are from their first six games.

Their form over the last 20 games is as bad as we’ve ever seen in the PL. 

Like you I expect them to win a game and to then just push clear, but it doesn’t happen. Even when they have won a game, it’s been followed up by more minging performances.

If we beat them on Thursday I fully expect them to go down.

13 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

I know they lost Mina and Gray in the first half, but they were absolute bobbins at SJP. They had more of the ball but not a clue what to do with it. If Big Jow, Shelvey, Willock and ASM are all good to feature - and he puts wee man back in - I can't foresee any reason we don't comfortably win again.

Just hope we go back to four at the back and Manqi keeps his place ahead of cheeseslice.

They were the better team before Gray went off TBF. Will be a trickier game than many seem to be thinking.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

They were bookies favourites v Wolves and now v us, but there is little justification for it. W2 D1 L7 at Goodison since September. Including defeats to Watford, Brighton, Villa and Wolves.

Strange really, how they could've possibly been favourites against Wolves is anyone's guess. 

Bookies seemingly just expecting something to click and they start winning. Don't see it happening myself.

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

They were the better team before Gray went off TBF. Will be a trickier game than many seem to be thinking.

Were they? I seem to recall their goal was a bit against the run of play and having a quick re-look at the stats, we dominated the first half.

They have a lot of the ball but do nothing with it and are a shambles defensively.

6 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Strange really, how they could've possibly been favourites against Wolves is anyone's guess. 

Bookies seemingly just expecting something to click and they start winning. Don't see it happening myself.

Bookies usually adjust their odds depending on where the money is going. 

They are so much like Sunderland used to be in the Premier League...  Losing (lewsing) every week and yet still not in the bottom three.  They have games in hand and the fans seem to be counting these as wins already.  I would laugh so hard if these went down, another of the "nothing clubs" of the league.  

3 minutes ago, pinkeye said:

They are so much like Sunderland used to be in the Premier League...  Losing (lewsing) every week and yet still not in the bottom three.  They have games in hand and the fans seem to be counting these as wins already.  I would laugh so hard if these went down, another of the "nothing clubs" of the league.  

Nah, they're shitting their pants.

I'd also say that nowhere near enough attention has been given to the amount of money they've spent in the last few years only to now be fighting relegation either. I struggle to think of many clubs - in Britain and Europe - that have spent close to half a billion quid in some 8-10 years (maybe less) and yet go backwards.

2 minutes ago, pinkeye said:

nowhere near as bad as sunlun were :lol: them turds were circling the drain for years.

I'd rather have Everton involved in the Prem over the likes of Brentford and Burnley, but it would be hilarious to see them go down. just to knock them down a peg or two.

Everton are going to find it very tough for 2 reasons. 

1. They aren't used to being down there 

2. Everyone wants to send them down

It reminds me of us in the 1st relegation under Ashley. Didn't think it would happen, then we shat ourselves when we realised a little too late and by that time everyone smelled blood and wanted our scalp. 

That interview with Lampard. He doesn't seem comfortable, certainly not confident. Felt like he was being interviewed by police not a journo. He seemed to suggest his team has no answers for 3 at the back. Wouldn't surprise me if Howe picks up on this and goes again with the same ish team we saw yesterday. A savvy manager might put that out as bait and have an answer but Lampard strikes me as too wet behind the ears to think that quickly on his feet.