Everton 1 - 0 Newcastle United (17/03/2022)

Yorkie

We've been shit at Goodison on weeknights. Always seem to lose or draw.

Really hope Burnley or Watford can pull these cunts back down with the run of games tbey have ahead of them next.

Edited by nufcjb

Really poor goal to concede, everything about it was poor. ASM wasn’t strong enough, we were caught out of shape, as a result they got between the lines and then Dub’s positioning was wrong and he gets caught with his weight on his right foot.

We let them off the hook big time last night.

Maybees the defeat, and nature of, hurts more if you've suddenly bought into the myth we're a top10 team. 

I'll give you a clue, we're not. 

Was always going to be a tough game, a la Chelsea, and I thought we did well until zip-wire. Went to pieces after the sending off but they looked tired. 

Welcome break now to replenish and go again. 

Ps Everton were never gonna be reigated

Ps some of our supporters need a reality check. 

We looked knackered and after a few back to back away games in a short space of time it's caught up with us. Thought we were crap in the second half and never looked like scoring, same should have been said of Everton bar that monumental cock up.

I'm sure after this break we'll come back on point. Despite not playing well we really shouldn't have lost the last 2 games so still plenty of room for optimism. 

4 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Ps Everton were never gonna be reigated

They may have won but fucking hell man, they were total bobbins. Don't expect them to take many more points playing like that in their run in.

We aren't great but we are fucked after an insane run since Christmas. Let's regroup and finish our objective, which was almost unthinkable at one point!

9 hours ago, TRon said:

Nah it wasn't. At least pretend to be attempting a tackle rather than assaulting a player.

It happens all the time and I've never seen a red given because it's never been a red card offence.

I'm assuming something has been said and referees are stamping down on just 'taking players out' but you cannot just start enforcing it halfway through a season.

I think Everton will stay up like, a spawny win at home like that was needed. Atmosphere looked great at times too, I don't think the league really benefits from a side like them or Leeds dropping tbh.

Absolutely awful game though and probably the first test of complacency Howe has had. Even then though if we have a decent striker we probably win comfortably[emoji38]

10 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Absolutely awful game though and probably the first test of complacency

Did you think that was more down to complacency?

I just thought the run of games coupled with us not having a good squad just really shone last night. 

25 minutes ago, NE27 said:

They may have won but fucking hell man, they were total bobbins. Don't expect them to take many more points playing like that in their run in.

We aren't great but we are fucked after an insane run since Christmas. Let's regroup and finish our objective, which was almost unthinkable at one point!

Honestly would not be surprised if they went an lost comfortably to Palace at the weekend, after the lord mayor's show and all that

25 minutes ago, NE27 said:

After the first 10 minutes or so, I barely remember even seeing our penalty box on the TV screen they seemed so incapable of getting close to it. They were very poor.

I’m not sure it’s complacency. Off the ball we are light years ahead of what we were doing under Bruce. But even in this run, we haven’t really created much and the scorelines have all been tight. 

The lack of creativity and goals in the team was evident against Chelsea. But they are a top team. Last night was worse and we seem incapable of working decent openings with the players we have. 

Everyone was worried about Howe’s defensive record. But it has been the opposite. Bar the odd lapse, we have defended brilliantly as a team. Yet seem lacklustre going forward. 

I actually see it as a positive. He is making us hard to beat and will have the summer to address the attacking areas with new players and tactics. 

Thought we controlled large parts of the game. One of the issues is the amount of injuries we have, how many lower mid table sides go away from home with half a team injured and control large spells of the game?

it’s clear we have a long way to go but things are moving in the right direction, let’s not let this setback cause massive over reactions. 

After a good night´s sleep, it was a collective error that lost us the game, probably due to the fact that we were complacent because they were so dobbins (this is what annoyed most), and also a bit of tiredness.

We totally dominated the game up until that point to be fair...

Can´t win them all.

Just watched the goal back. Goal doesn’t happen with Krafth in there. Manq goes to sleep and thinks it’s ok to stay out and not drop narrow with Burn taken out of the game. 

Manq fucked up, as did Burn. Schar looked out on his feet where he’d usually get across. Such a shit goal to concede, I’m fuming. 

Stick with Krafth. He’s shite with the ball and slow but solid positionally to help a back 4. Sorry but Manq just went missing there. Burn should be dropped for costing us the point. Shite.

Guest neesy111
5 minutes ago, Robster said:

Just a shame that what we do have, are to our best / most valuable players. Textbook NUFC.

Yeap, that's the issue.  

13 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

We don't have that many injuries actually. 

We are without Wilson and Trippier, they are goth Howe’s lieutenants. Also, from what I witnessed it’s clear Joelinton and ASM weren’t fully fit. We can throw in Shelvey as well who would be starting I’m sure. 

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

We are without Wilson and Trippier, they are goth Howe’s lieutenants. Also, from what I witnessed it’s clear Joelinton and ASM weren’t fully fit. We can throw in Shelvey as well who would be starting I’m sure. 

Quite a few clubs with more injuries than us.

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

The issue is injuries to key players.

Edited by neesy111