Everton 1 - 0 Newcastle United (17/03/2022)

Yorkie

37 minutes ago, Outremont said:

Burn should be dropped for costing us the point. Shite.

? He’s been one of our best players man. A couple of honest mistakes and you want him out? And replace him with who? Lascelles? 

3 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

One of the worst comments I've heard.

And there's been some absolute minters over the years. Must be a Talksport presenter. Dear me. 

Edited by Pixelphish

I'm going to end up hating our fanbase by the end of next season. 3 Away games in 7 days, we took 3 points (almost more) and the twitter twats are acting like it's a total failure. Too many of these twitter accounts wanting to be social media representatives and youtube pundits. 

I was hoping for less hoofing with the midfield Howe put out yesterday. We controlled large parts of the game, but it was very much side ways passes at the back for a long period followed by a hoof towards Wood who was not able to keep possession.

Quite a few little fouls and battles being fought all over the pitch. I think that played into Everton's hands and contributed to quite a few of our players being drawn in and playing below their recent standards.

So, I'm not going to single anyone out as you could pick out maybe half a dozen players who were a bit below par. Bruno really seems to be growing into the PL, though, so that's a real positive.

Seems like the right time for an international break to rest & reset. Would have been nice to have gone in on the back of a win, of course, but sometimes you can't help the odd performance like that.

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I thought Burn and Schar brought the ball out quite well. Our general control of the game was alright, we just fell apart in the final third.

Yeah, that was my key concern during the transfer window that we didn't address.  Hopefully Fraser gets back to his form he had prior to being out.  Anyway, I'm annoyed but the aim was to stay up and that will happen.  We can look forward to next season to see what the future holds.

If that challenge had been made at Stamford Bridge there’s no chance VAR would have intervened. Burn is still sporting a cut and bump where he nearly bust an eye socket from an elbow but that wasn’t reckless apparently….

Allan’s challenge was one that falls into a sin bin situation for me. I know we don’t have sin bins but I really don’t like that type of professional foul; a yellow can feel lenient. As a player it’s a right pisser being taken out like that.

As Howe says, not to high when we win and not too low when we lose.  Nice break now let them rest up, train and clear up the few niggles we’re carrying.  No reason we can’t have a strong finish to the season 

3 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Wasn't a red like. He got the red because he was off the floor. If he wiped ASM out without leaving the deck he'd have been sound.

So it was a red as he was off the floor.

It was a stupid 'tackle'. All he needed to do was clip ASM's heels to stop the run but he went for a lunge closer to the knee than the ankle and caught him with both feet - albeit not at the same time.

You don't make a red/yellow judgment on whether a foul results in injury, you base it on the intent, how in control you are of contact on a player and the execution. Allan got all 3 on the wrong side of a red and its a justified red despite not being a nailed on decision. 

The only question, once again, is to whether it was a clear and obvious error to only give a yellow.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I know we need a break, but there's nothing worse following a loss from a fan's perspective. Fucking 2 and a bit weeks of analysing and wondering. 

I think these last couple of losses have made the break more palatable for me tbh. :lol: If we came out of last night with a win I'd just be hankering for Spurs to roll around. But the fact I have no interest in internationals doesn't help.