Everton 1 - 0 Newcastle United (17/03/2022)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Bimpy474 said:

There's some class overreaction like [emoji38]

The game changed on the zip tie prat, made it completely scrappy and it effected us more than them, they wanted scrappy. We didn't play well, but it wasn't like Bruce at all ffs.

Absolutely this and the Everton players throwing themselves to the ground after every waft of wind took the continuity out of the game, the stop start suited Everton much more than us.

6 minutes ago, Pata said:

How? We dominated the game until the zip tie.

First half was obviously better but I'd be hard pressed to say we dominated. In general the game was scrappy and tense and we failed to turn their nervous energy back on themselves in any sustained way. 

Joelinton and Willock were clearly not fully fit.

I think we’ve just run out of steam a bit after a run of games in quick succession. The break will do us good. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

We were the better team, no doubt, but I'd call it momentum rather than is being very good.

Either way… we were due a bad half of football after playing so well for 10 games. Not the end of the world. Just a bit frustrating.

Very poor for the goal. Dan burn got well out of position and should have brought him down, then the rest if the defense ball watching and not marking the runner.

1 minute of poor concentratiin and those scumbags score.

Just now, LV said:

Joelinton and Willock were clearly not fully fit.

I think we’ve just run out of steam a bit after a run of games in quick succession. The break will do us good. 

The amount of people who don't want to acknowledge this is staggering. 

2 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Regroup, go again. Really hope Wilson and Trippier aren't too far away. 

Or at least stop playing Krafth man. 

Actually thought Kraft was probably one of our better players today. Tried to get forward, was ok at the back. Others way worse.

The worst thing about tonight (apart from conceding) was how pitiful we were at getting down the flanks all game. We built possession OK but then seemed to lack any penetration once the ball got out wide in the final third. Miggy's run was probably the best of the lot.

Edited by Gallowgate Toon

2 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

International break coming at right time.

Agreed. Desperately need to regroup and recharge. The players will be hungry but some tough games coming up.

Just shows you how fine the margins are. That win at Southampton looks vital now.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

We were the better team, no doubt, but I'd call it momentum rather than is being very good.

I think that might be true for our fantastic run since Christmas tbh. Might be a timely wake up call.

1 minute ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Felt like losing to Sunderland this, shit team and shit fans and somehow we gave them the points, hope i never see Almiron play for us again and the minute we can we need to replace Wood.

Agreed. Their shit fans created a toxic atmosphere from the get go that guided the game into more of a boxing match. We didnt deserve to lose, but Im not surprised at all as this wasnt really football

5 minutes ago, Jordan said:

We dont have anyone better than Wood as an option up front and we’re playing him as a target man when he’s not one. Look at his Burnley goals, he played off Barnes more on the shoulder of the defender. We’re not playing to his strengths which is making him look poorer than he is. 

Understand that but fuck me he can't even hold the ball up, make a simple pass, hes terrible.

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

The worst thing about tonight was how pitiful we were at getting down the flanks all game. We built possession OK but then seemed to lack any penetration once the ball got out wide in the final third. Miggy's run was probably the best of the lot.

Surprising after what was said after Brentford.

14 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Saw that coming a mile off. You get what you deserve and we got what we deserved for being unbelievably complacent against a team scrapping for their lives.

An already bad game made somehow even worse by a shocking referee. 

Pawson gave them the perfect fairytale like. Absolute fucking whoppa.