Everton 1 - 0 Newcastle United (17/03/2022)

Yorkie

Dubravka - 6. Not much to do, maybe could do better on the goal. 

Krafth - 5. A poor player. 

Schar - 6. Alright at the back, sloppy on the ball. 

Burn - 6. It was an 8 until minute 99.

Targett - 7. Our best player in the end. 

Bruno - 6. Started well but faded and became a bit wasteful. 

Joelinton - 5. Most of what he tried didn't come off.

Willock - 4. Stinking. 

Almiron - 6. Mostly shit but an extra point for working our best chance. 

Fraser - 6. Ineffectual. 

Wood - 4. Shit. 

Everybody needs to calm down, it was just one of those days. No need to slag off anyone after today, our squad is still pretty poor and full of not good enough players but somehow these cunts went on a run that meant we were safe by the middle of the March. 

Guest neesy111
Just now, Kid Icarus said:

They were still absolutely shocking mind. They'll do very well to get another win or stay up playing like that.

Yeap, didn't see a well coached or tactical side there.

Just now, Big Geordie said:

For those piling in on Wood - if we stay up this season, he's done the job he was brought in for. :thup:

I'm disappointed tonight - we looked tired. But we've come a long way in the last couple of months - bit of perspective needed. 17 days until our next game, to recharge.

I feel like we are doing it despite having Wood on the field. His contributions as a striker is truly minimal. Yeah he wins headers but seldom anything come from them and as soon as he has a chance he fluffs it or for some reason stands outside the box when we get someone on the wing in a crossing position. Especially evident when ASM came in the box on the wing, Wood was no where near being in any position to get anything from him, fair enough wasnt anyone else on the run, but as a striker you would think they would want to move in to become somewhat playable. His movement leaves so much to be desired and honestly Evertons defensive play was awful, yet he could not capitalize on anything, is it Howe telling him to not move in to positions to get on goal, I doubt that. His reading of the game itself is not great. Fair enough he is used as a target man when he obviously isnt (new midfielder?) but that cannot excuse the terrible movement in the offensive part of the game.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Dubravka - 6. Not much to do, maybe could do better on the goal. 

Krafth - 5. A poor player. 

Schar - 6. Alright at the back, sloppy on the ball. 

Burn - 6. It was an 8 until minute 99.

Targett - 7. Our best player in the end. 

Bruno - 6. Started well but faded and became a bit wasteful. 

Joelinton - 5. Most of what he tried didn't come off.

Willock - 4. Stinking. 

Almiron - 6. Mostly shit but an extra point for working our best chance. 

Fraser - 6. Ineffectual. 

Wood - 4. Shit. 

Can't argue with any of that. No idea why Howe started Krafth over Manq.

Have to be philosophical about it. We still lack options to change the game when the team on the pitch is off colour, which will inevitably happen now and then. We were dying for a change upfront basically the whole game. That will hopefully change in the summer. Move on and let Everton enjoy their relegation battle.

I think we just fell victim to the hyper scrappy nature of the game.

We don’t have the ability to control the tempo of a game like that. We needed to calm it down but we couldn’t. It happened to us. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

4 minutes ago, worthy said:

I feel like we are doing it despite having Wood on the field. His contributions as a striker is truly minimal. Yeah he wins headers but seldom anything come from them and as soon as he has a chance he fluffs it or for some reason stands outside the box when we get someone on the wing in a crossing position. Especially evident when ASM came in the box on the wing, Wood was no where near being in any position to get anything from him, fair enough wasnt anyone else on the run, but as a striker you would think they would want to move in to become somewhat playable. His movement leaves so much to be desired and honestly Evertons defensive play was awful, yet he could not capitalize on anything, is it Howe telling him to not move in to positions to get on goal, I doubt that. His reading of the game itself is not great. Fair enough he is used as a target man when he obviously isnt (new midfielder?) but that cannot excuse the terrible movement in the offensive part of the game.

Im really surprised at how weak he is when heading the ball towards goal.   There is nothing from the neck, its more the ball just hits his head.   Really weird!

Edited by Awaymag

Feel like we wrapped that game up in pretty pink paper and put a nice little bow on it for the ugliest kid in class who also happens to be the biggest dick head. I think it feels worse because it was these tramps. I hope they sink at the end of the season, I just can't get over the fact we failed to put another nail in their coffins.

Edited by Mattoon

We’ve just been on a class run after being the shittest team in the league, then lost last weekend after a good performance against a top team. We’ve played three games in a week. Then lost a game we should’ve drawn in a shit game with a mediocre performance.

I think people need a bit of perspective. Even when we were good in Bobby days you had shit nights. Disappointed to lose, especially like that, but can’t really get me head around the anger and sentiment towards the squad.

Tbh I think they've just inflicted on us what we've been doing to other teams on our run. 

They seemed up for it from the get go and were pressing pretty well all game so I don't really play into this notion we played poorly, we were just made to look poor, especially in the second half.

Stupid goal to concede though, cardinal sin conceding against 10.

Perhaps we should have changed shape a little to disrupt the momentum Everton had, but not gonna lose sleep over this loss. 

9 games till bliss. 

Edited by Thumbheed

1 minute ago, Awaymag said:

yeah I know but its often goes like that - unbeaten run and then a can't win run!   Still life in this relegation battle yet!

People really underestimate the importance of the fixture list in football.

We’re still a team with the potential to be good or the potential to be quite poor. 

1 minute ago, Awaymag said:

yeah I know but its often goes like that - unbeaten run and then a can't win run!   Still life in this relegation battle yet!

We probably need one more win, with three home games in a row, followed by Norwich away. We'll be fine.

1 minute ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Really poor performance.

All we had to do to win that game was score first.

Willock was really poor and ASM a disgrace when he came on. He just ran down blind allies and gave the ball away time and again (including for the goal).

Yeah, Willock needed to be replaced with Miggy. Very little structure to that midfield. Although have to accept the nature of the game led to a lot of chaotic stuff going on.