sunderland

Big River

8 hours ago, RS said:

More from the fake Ipswich fan in Pyewer footbowel:

“Been to Newcastle twice. First time ended up in some dreary theme pub, second the old bill smothered us into some awful Irish theme pub as the away one. Never had that in Sunderland. Plus folk like to chat about the footy and I've never felt threatened, despite speaking like some Suffolk Yokel. People are genuinely interested in you as well. They even bought me a few pints, which I returned. Can't remember which pub but it was the old one near the gasworks

Do the police guide away fans into “away” pubs?  And also, this doylem would rather drink in this place rather than Newcastle city centre. https://m.facebook.com/thebluehousehendon

[emoji38] Aye, definite "nope" of the year awards there like, what would any away fan be doing there man, people from Hendon don't like being in Hendon. 

5 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

You do know he isn't really an Ipswich fan, it's not even subtle but they lap it up like rabid dogs

is so fucking obvious he's on there just promoting his own hotel.

free advert.

the name,  the address, the location, the walk/scenery, helpful staff, etc..... all so very specific.

On 02/07/2023 at 01:18, Whitley mag said:

The mackems have always loved sticking shirts on their kids for a day in the big city, or a trip to the airport don’t let them kid you otherwise.

100%.  They’re the daft cunts who count the number of SAFC tops they’ve seen in the Metro Centre, then go back and tell their mates about it like it’s a fucking achievement 

8 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

Not saying he's full of shit but he's hardly experienced judge of things and his memory may be playing tricks on him as I think we've played Ipswich at home all of twice in over 20years and once in over 13years and specifically remember seeing some in Bourgouines (or however it spelled) where we were and Rosies prior to that in 2000/01 01/02.

Aye, was gonna say. As an Ipswich fan one of his last trips here could have been when Dorty Nellies was still open near the station.

The blue house in Hendon?

Work takes me past there and for 2 years I was convinced that it had been abandoned. It wasn’t until I drove past one time and just so happened to see a couple of people walking in that I realised that it’s open. 

Edited by Stifler

14 hours ago, The Fountain said:

Victoria Comet used to be O'Neils. Away fans usually go there.

I was in there one evening as it was closing and the manager told me that they advertise themselves as an away fans venue, the police support it as they are all pretty much in one place and easier to manage, the away fans love it because they can have a peaceful drink (not there is barely any trouble with away fans in Newcastle these days anyway) and the pub loves it because they take Thousands in a short space of time.  Everyone wins!

3 hours ago, Dancing Brave said:

[emoji38]

image.thumb.png.b9f13e61f9e7453947bf8c84da676ff7.png

Our summer holiday this year will be in Corfu, my lad and my daughter have both bought home tops this year.  The first time for as long as I can remember (for all the obvious reasons).  We hope that we can see a load of mackems in their tops, particularly very young children, so we can point blank ignore them.

We will meet with a family of Brentford fans and a family of Wolves fans.  The kids are already planning to wear their tops on the same night....  Imagine if that crowd of teams ignores a mackem??  what a story to tell the RTG forum....???

2 hours ago, TBG said:

Hotel manager said they were the best guests to ever stop as well.

Free holidays for life.

he also mentioned he'd styled the foyer and the lawns on the Lemon Tree Hotel in Sunderlnad.

Every time I go to Newcastle Airport I see at least one family of mackems decked from head to toe in their strips. Full kit, full family. I giggle in my head, but move on with my day. Certainly wouldn't hold it against them. After my laughing fades I tend to think fair play investing all that money into your club and being that passionate to wear the colours where ever you go. Must cost more than a season ticket full kit x4.

4 minutes ago, Caleb70 said:

Weird. Just had a look on RTG (first time for ages) and there was no thread telling us how shit Tonali is. What's happened to the mutants?

I think when we’ve signed someone who costs as much as their clubs worth they keep quiet.

5 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

I think when we’ve signed someone who costs as much as their clubs worth they keep quiet.

There’ll be a thread on the members only part saying Luke O’Nein is better than him, guaranteed. 

10 minutes ago, Caleb70 said:

Weird. Just had a look on RTG (first time for ages) and there was no thread telling us how shit Tonali is. What's happened to the mutants?

Waiting for a ‘Milan fan in peace’ to appear. 

5 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Waiting for a ‘Milan fan in peace’ to appear. 

"buongiorno, what is rtg? and what is mackem? i have never seen one before. but it sound fantastico! please be our friends. we do not like geordies, they steal our players like Botman and Tonali. also your bridge is more beautiful than theirs. also we have a bridges shopping centre in milano too. FTM."