sunderland in the EFL

Big River

If RTG had said of our flags 'Fair play they are making it look a great place to play and creating class atmosphere - good idea' then I could have maybe appreciated the start of an effort from them to get it going. Instead they have mocked us, called us flag nonces, sportswashed to fuck, etc so to then do it themselves just seems hypocritical. I actually applaud the few fans who are trying to get it going through but their support is too shit to creste owt special

11 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

If RTG had said of our flags 'Fair play they are making it look a great place to play and creating class atmosphere - good idea' then I could have maybe appreciated the start of an effort from them to get it going. Instead they have mocked us, called us flag nonces, sportswashed to fuck, etc so to then do it themselves just seems hypocritical. I actually applaud the few fans who are trying to get it going through but their support is too shit to creste owt special

I think the nutters on that RTG probably aren't representative of SAFC fans on the whole to be fair. Same with the gobshites on Twitter.

50 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Now that we’re safe and sound and on a big upward trajectory, I’d actually love to see Sunderland (and Boro) improve. Would be great to have all 3 in the PL again with us as title challengers in 5 years time.

I'd prefer them to rot in league 1 season after season then we draw them in the 2026 fa Cup 3rd round and we spank them 7 nil with our reserve team on the way to the quadruple 

Just now, Gazzaschicken said:

I'd prefer them to rot in league 1 season after season then we draw them in the 2026 fa Cup 3rd round and we spank them 7 nil with our reserve team on the way to the quadruple 

They’re struggling to get out of L1 even if they do fluke promotion it could take them years to get out of the championship given they ain’t got a pot to piss in.

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

Why though?

Because they will never get one up on us, imagine if we played them and they beat us which could happen. Let them rot away I say constantly looking up and crying "look at them winning the ucl with their blood money I'd much rather be on the train to Rotherham for a real 'away day'" 

8 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

How very third tier. 

Fleetwood, or whoever it is, can pull it off in their own little way. But this is third tier with a ground too big for the britches on their best day.

Level finding hubris c*nts

Just now, Gazzaschicken said:

Because they will never get one up on us, imagine if we played them and they beat us which could happen. Let them rot away I say constantly looking up and crying "look at them winning the ucl with their blood money I'd much rather be on the train to Rotherham for a real 'away day'" 

I’d much rather have 3 north east teams doing decently well personally. Don’t get me wrong, SOME Sunderland fans are absolute whoppers (but we have plenty ourselves). But largely they’re normal nice north east folk who don’t deserve to have to sit through shit like that week in week out.

3 hours ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Thanks team, because of this thread, I've had the "Adam Johnson, Paedophile..." song stuck in my head at work for the last couple of hours.

One of my colleagues met a subcontractor in work and his name was Adam Johnson and he told us in a meeting "I met Adam Johnson on site today blah blah, not the nonce BTW" 

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

I’d much rather have 3 north east teams doing decently well personally. Don’t get me wrong, SOME Sunderland fans are absolute whoppers (but we have plenty ourselves). But largely they’re normal nice north east folk who don’t deserve to have to sit through shit like that week in week out.

I haven't said that they aren't, it's not like I'm saying I want them to starve and die with no heating. I'm saying football wise they can rot in league 1.

2 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

I haven't said that they aren't, it's not like I'm saying I want them to starve and die with no heating. I'm saying football wise they can rot in league 1.

I’ll never understand that viewpoint, but to each their own. Rivalry is good.

9 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

They can always support Newcastle. Why support Sunderland when you have the richest club next door?

Edited by veriaqa

Think they'll get another last minute goal and everything'll be tight as owt going into the last games.

The last game aside they've played s**t in all those games I gather. Sheff Wed were all over Fleetwood last I checked will probably get mugged off too.

8 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I’ll never understand that viewpoint, but to each their own. Rivalry is good.

Coped perfectly well without it during the Keegan era and most of the Sir Bobby one. You move on and get new rivalries that matter instead of local disputes. Really the derby's have only mattered a lot when we've been bad so sod them for me.

Edited by Wolfcastle