sunderland in the EFL

Big River

2 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Another ridiculous set of results..... even when Millwall were 3-1 up and Coventry was 1-0, there was absolutely no trust from me in either of them. 

And obviously, after weeks and weeks of Millwall, Blackburn, Preston etc repeatedly chucking points away, knobheads Blackburn choose today to finally fucking win. Twats.

Mackems will go up, mind. Everything keeps happening in their favour. It's beyond freakish how much luck they're getting elsewhere.

This, the kunts are the jammiest bastards going. Or, the luck might finally run out...last minute at Wembley for example?! 

Just now, JonBez comesock said:

Love the derby games tbf and would love revenge. 

Having said that , Not really arsed either way if they come up or not though.

Aye if they fail to go up, great. If they come up, they're going to have a Swindon, Derby, Sunderland, Huddersfield, Norwich kind of season and bomb. We'll definitely win the head-to-heads as well. 

I’d like to see them back, good for the region. And the Newcastle hotels and restaurants will get to enjoy some bigger away crowds!

The derby would be a bit of fun but it won’t feel as important as it did in the Ashley days, more like in the Robson era when you want to win but the big games are the European nights and the CL rivals.

No interest in Boro though

Even if they finish last with zero points, I just don't want them anywhere near the Premier League. Hearing their name said on TV, reading about their existence, seeing those stripes etc.

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Aye. £87.79. When are people cashing out? It's either now or never imo.

Just leaving it to see what happens myself. 

Lose my 10a and I'm not fussed, if they come up then I'll be happy with the £660 profit ha

Also got a 10a cover on them to come up/us to finish outside the top 4 at 200/1..... so if the worst happens at least I've got something to cushion the blow!

I've got 5 different bets with 3 different companies, but so far, no cash out available at any of them - I'd let it run until at least the final, and possibly cash out if they went a goal or two ahead in the final, and then hope they fuck it up.

£6 at Skybet at 33/1 placed a long time ago, returning £204

£2 at Skybet at 250/1 returning £502

£2 at William Hill at 200/1 returning £402

£2.50 at PP @ 80/1 returning £202.50

So that's like £1,513 from £15 in scattered bets.

Definitely far more comfortable having those bets on, just wish I had a bit more at the longer odds. Just shows how unlikely it was for them to get into the playoffs with odds of 250/1 just before their Cardiff match (obviously that's for promotion, not just the playoffs, but they clearly weren't fancied to even make the PO's at that stage).

Quite happy it's over 3 companies as well, so less chance of an account getting restricted, more options regarding cash out, and less chance they try to screw you over by claiming 'palpable errors' or some bullshit.

Edited by Paullow

6 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Even if they finish last with zero points, I just don't want them anywhere near the Premier League. Hearing their name said on TV, reading about their existence, seeing those stripes etc.

Same. It's been great seeing them so utterly irrelevant in the lower leagues and I want that to continue. Unfortunately though this has a similar to feel to 1990 when they sneaked into the playoffs and then went up fortuitously through Swindon being banned from promotion. I can see the Mackems getting a similar level of luck in these play-offs through some similar kind of means.

If they come up it's a win-win for them, no matter if they come straight back down, as the TV money will rectify their dodgy financial position.

Edited by Wandy

9 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Aye. £87.79. When are people cashing out? It's either now or never imo.

They won’t lose against Luton next weekend so wait until then at least.

6 minutes ago, Paullow said:

I've got 5 different bets with 3 different companies, but so far, no cash out available at any of them - I'd let it run until at least the final, and possibly cash out if they went a goal or two ahead in the final, and then hope they fuck it up.

£6 at Skybet at 33/1 placed a long time ago, returning £204

£2 at Skybet at 250/1 returning £502

£2 at William Hill at 200/1 returning £402

So that's like £1,513 from £15 in scattered bets.

Definitely far more comfortable having those bets on, just wish I had a bit more at the longer odds. Just shows how unlikely it was for them to get into the playoffs with odds of 250/1 just before their Cardiff match (obviously that's for promotion, not just the playoffs, but they clearly weren't fancied to even make the PO's at that stage).

Quite happy it's over 3 companies as well, so less chance of an account getting restricted, more options regarding cash out, and less chance they try to screw you over by claiming 'palpable errors' or some bullshit.

Wow, they are available now, and at SB I can cash out that £204 one for £109.37 - that sound crazy high, and can get £44.44 from the 33/1 one. Tempted to get that £109 now to be honest, but will let it ride a little.

Edit, ah shit, forgot it's actually £502 where the cash it is £109, so na, defo letting that ride. I did think it was far too high to be pretty much half the return.

Edited by Paullow

Oh come on! Imagine how bad it will be for them, scrapping against relegation whilst their rivals are in Europe and (hopefully) fighting for silverware. 

Imagine their feelings going into games against top 6 teams desperate to win to stay up but wanting to lose to spite Newcastle - tremendous stuff

10 minutes ago, bigfella said:

£72.98 cash out for me. 

Stick or twist, stick or twist?

Could win £335 if stick.

Surely stick as it’ll lessen the annoyance if (when) the bastards win promotion. 

Fair play to them. I can plenty goals between them and Luton. If they go up they’ll need to score 2 goals a game to be in with a chance. They’ll also find PL defences far harder to get at.

Fulham look nailed on for a top half finish, Brentford have done well in their 2 years, and they came up via the playoffs, no guarantee they wouldn't finish in and around mid table next season. Yes the PL is clearly different from the Championship, but many thought they would be fighting relegation this season. Bmouth look like they could get midtable as well. They could easily do OK in the derbies as well, despite us having better players on paper.

In the 31 years of the PL, they have played in it 16 and not 15, it was looking nailed on it would be 16 and 16, but now perhaps 17 and 15. I'd much rather that went to like 16 21 or something and them staying irrelevant year after year. Football can be cyclical, so would much rather the gap remained as big as it could possibly be for the foreseeable future.

Who knows, some flush ME company could see them as a potential investment, especially with their neighbours being more in the limelight, and more chance they will know what a Sunderland is if they are back in the top flight with their matches available to pretty much every overseas country. 

8 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Surely stick as it’ll lessen the annoyance if (when) the bastards win promotion. 

That was the whole point of the bet, mate :D

Still undecided, 70 odd quid in my hand now is a decent return for a fiver bet. :icon_scratch:

Fair play to them they looked dead and buried 10 games ago but they've kept going and sneaked in. They're 11/4 to win the play-offs now and they appear to be in pretty good form, wouldn't be the worst bet in the world tbh