sunderland appoint a new head coach

Big River

4 hours ago, LordJake said:

Locksy? Doesn’t drink in there anymore, drinks in the Crows. Sadly he’s not very well 

Is that the bloke with the afro, was in the Percy every day for decades? If so, canny lad.

I wonder if they are getting confused, the Percy used to be a Vaux pub when all the pubs were tied to the brewers? Perhaps the Vaux connection is a big deal to them.

Awful beer, Lorimers best scotch, I would only drink Double Maxim in there, I prefer it to Newcastle Brown ale.

The other 3 pubs in the Haymarket were all S and N, 3 Bulls was Bass, I have spent enough in the last 45 years in the 3 Bulls to buy the place.

I stil get in now and then.

The County was a coppers pub, there was a time in the 1980s where on a Sunday all the pubs had to close at 9 30 on the High St. due to gang fights, LBAB and other area based gangs, the County was exempt.

It's still the best pub on the High Street but it's no Sunderland stronghold. Why would it be?

9 hours ago, Andy84 said:

They have a weird obsession with “strongholds” and Sunderland supporters in traditionally Newcastle areas.  They on about the Percy at the Haymarket cladded in NUFC memorabilia?

But yet nobody in Newcastle wants a stronghold in sunlun because it's just a small town in Durham 

Chester-le-Street the latest place to get the "Durham Mags" treatment defacing a window with Newcastle photos 

The crown posted this before it was defaced

"Our windows are finished, can people be mindful that immy has spent alot of time on these and whilst it wont please everyone, we do NOT expect for them to be defaced and ruin all her hard work....we do welcome all football supporters to our pub we have advertised this to support the teams that are playing in the Premier league"

9 minutes ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

Chester-le-Street the latest place to get the "Durham Mags" treatment defacing a window with Newcastle photos 

"Our windows are finished, can people be mindful that immy has spent alot of time on these and whilst it wont please everyone, we do NOT expect for them to be defaced and ruin all her hard work....we do welcome all football supporters to our pub we have advertised this to support the teams that are playing in the Premier league"

My hometown which is “Sunderland territory” has the high crown at the top with its NUFC windows, the lambton arms in the middle with a big painted NUFC crest and the market tavern with NUFC flags/bunting all over the pub. 

12 hours ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

Hopefully there's CCTV about and the sad cunts who vandalised it get a knock on the door.

Aside from this I can't believe how much our takeover has absolutely broken them. They've always hated us more than we've hated them but they are totally consumed by it now. It's what defines them, and it's at the point where their own club is becoming more of a sideshow for them to the main event up the road.

Only going to get worse as well the more we improve amd the longer they fester in the lower leagues.

9 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Hopefully there's CCTV about and the sad cunts who vandalised it get a knock on the door.

Aside from this I can't believe how much our takeover has absolutely broken them. They've always hated us more than we've hated them but they are totally consumed by it now. It's what defines them, and it's at the point where their own club is becoming more of a sideshow for them to the main event up the road.

Only going to get worse as well the more we improve amd the longer they fester in the lower leagues.

It never bothered them how shit they’ve been for decades - provided that we were seen as equally shit.  This will be soul-crushing to them - their usual ‘it’ll be hilarious when it falls apart’ comfort blanket won’t work either; they know that what is going to happen is inevitable, given the ownership.  The PIF aren’t walking away with the club in lower mid table having cocked it up.  They’re in it to make the club as successful as possible - that’s how they’ll maximise their investment.  And the citizens of Wearside know it too. 

14 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It never bothered them how shit they’ve been for decades - provided that we were seen as equally shit.  This will be soul-crushing to them - their usual ‘it’ll be hilarious when it falls apart’ comfort blanket won’t work either; they know that what is going to happen is inevitable, given the ownership.  The PIF aren’t walking away with the club in lower mid table having cocked it up.  They’re in it to make the club as successful as possible - that’s how they’ll maximise their investment.  And the citizens of Wearside know it too. 

They used to revel in the fact that Ashley's neglect and Elllis Shorts ridiculous overspending had them more or less on a par with us regarding league positions and with them getting the upper hand on the pitch (partly due to keep changing managers just before they were during to play us [emoji38]).

That's all a distant memory now. Rightful order has been resumed but only this time the gap is bigger than ever and inevitably will continue to grow further with each passing season. This is too much for many of them to handle and what we are seeing now is the result of that.

On 19/08/2023 at 18:49, STM said:

Wonder how long they will keep hold of Bellingham?

He's been getting pelters from those on RTG for his performance in the first two league games, I don't think he's turned into Jude overnight.

Edited by KDT

4 hours ago, Dancing Brave said:

FTM ?

Don't those female to male transgender people know that is Sunderlands phrase, they'll have to change to it PWVTPWOV(People with vaginas to people without vaginas), but maybe it doesn't have the same ring.

Defacing the pub has been unanimously approved of on their thread, many calling for the same again and bricks in future.

Cant relate living in a 50-50 area the admittedly paltry occasional SAFC displays have never seemed to bother much less enrage people and I've watched NUFC matches in the Ashley era in bars rammed with Newcastle fans that are named after the fact they're literally situated on the bank of the river Wear (they're on about territory and rivers dictating them again) and closer to Sunderland than CLS without a raised eyebrow, is just a normal occurance.

Afraid to say their iron clad territories outside of Sunderland were breached long ago, if they ever existed to begin with.

Why get tetchy now ?

Rattled cunts.

Edited by Wolfcastle

7 hours ago, KDT said:

He's been getting pelters from those on RTG for his performance in the first two league games, I don't think he's turned into Jude overnight.

The finishes wer3 nowt flash at all , 2 very average goals , 1 was just in the right place , he no Jude that’s why he’s at Sunderland 

20 hours ago, UncleBuzzcocks said:

My hometown which is “Sunderland territory” has the high crown at the top with its NUFC windows, the lambton arms in the middle with a big painted NUFC crest and the market tavern with NUFC flags/bunting all over the pub. 

Even back in the late 80s, it was only the lads from Shiney Row who were Sunderland fans. Park View Comprehensive had a massive catchment area.

34 minutes ago, Teslact said:

Even back in the late 80s, it was only the lads from Shiney Row who were Sunderland fans. Park View Comprehensive had a massive catchment area.

It was only some of them from Bournmoor, Fencehouses and Lumley that supported them when I was there. I didn’t know a single person from Chester that did.

5 hours ago, Kazzie said:

Don't those female to male transgender people know that is Sunderlands phrase, they'll have to change to it PWVTPWOV(People with vaginas to people without vaginas), but maybe it doesn't have the same ring.

SAFC FTM

Sunland association football club female to male [emoji38]

45 minutes ago, Teslact said:

I went to Park View when it was Deanery Grammar, there were a few Sunderland fans but at least as many Newcastle fans

2 hours ago, Paullow said:

Greenwood for me, marra!

According to RTG there is only one club scummy enough with no morals who would touch him and that is Newcastle:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/greenwoods-future.1613064/post-38942009

Coming from a club who played someone while being investigated for being a paedophile and playing someone who killed someone when drink driving these cunts are bottom of the barrel for morals

Edited by Pokerprince2004

13 hours ago, 1964 said:

I went to Park View when it was Deanery Grammar, there were a few Sunderland fans but at least as many Newcastle fans

My son is at Park View currently in 6th Form.  He says it is roughly 50:50 for Newcastle/Sunderland.    He did say that there is an "argument " ongoing about whether Chester le Street and Durham should be Sunderland strongholds..

On 21/08/2023 at 18:33, Pokerprince2004 said:

According to RTG there is only one club scummy enough with no morals who would touch him and that is Newcastle:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/greenwoods-future.1613064/post-38942009

Coming from a club who played someone while being investigated for being a paedophile and playing someone who killed someone when drink driving these cunts are bottom of the barrel for morals

They had all the transcripts AJs  (500 plus) WhatsApp messages with this girl, they knew what he had done but still played him. He had even confessed everything to them, but they were hoping he might get off, possibly the pressure on the child causing her to refuse to testify.

They should have had points docked, their paedo points, but staying up was more important, the super moralytastic mackems.

At least Man U had the decency to suspend Greenwood until the end of his trial.

Also, they way they bang on about models on RTG you would think it was an Airfix forum.

Edited by Sid
Spelling

58 minutes ago, Sid said:

They had all the transcripts AJs  (500 plus) WhatsApp messages with this girl, they knew what he had done but still played him. He had even confessed everything to them, but they were hoping he might get off, possibly the pressure on the child causing her to refuse to testify.

They should have had points docked, their paedo points, but staying up was more important, the super moralytastic mackems.

At least Man U had the decency to suspend Greenwood until the end of his trial.

Also, they way they bang on about models on RTG you would think it was an Airfix forum.

Absolutely spot on pal!

Absolute disgrace how they get on with it!