sunderland in the EFL

Big River

They finished six points above the line that would have relegated them to the third tier again, who gives a fuck what they think :lol:

49 minutes ago, OpenC said:

They finished six points above the line that would have relegated them to the third tier again, who gives a fuck what they think :lol:

This. At this point they’re firmly the backwater hicks and hillbillies we paint them out to be. A perceived average league season for us is equal to their best achievement for half a century, without them having to navigate our injuries, a Champions League campaign and two cup quarter finals.

It feels we’re back to the mid 90s where our interest is elsewhere and they remain the bitter ex, or the creepy Baby Reindeer-esque stalker type.

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

This. At this point they’re firmly the backwater hicks and hillbillies we paint them out to be. A perceived average league season for us is equal to their best achievement for half a century, without them having to navigate our injuries, a Champions League campaign and two cup quarter finals.

It feels we’re back to the mid 90s where our interest is elsewhere and they remain the bitter ex, or the creepy Baby Reindeer-esque stalker type.

That was something i could do with never watching again [emoji38]

10 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Apparently we’re in the mix to qualify for the equivalent of this, which is celebrating failure and if we don’t win it that is also failure. If we do win it I expect this’ll be the trophy photo and we’ll all be on the phone to the Samaritans at full time. Perhaps we should just decline to take part.IMG_8085.thumb.jpeg.2b72dc2d5c495030353385d249c85a59.jpeg

Someone better tell West Ham then… seemed to be a lot of interest when they won it…

Can't wait for the debacle on RTG when they announce the new head coach. It's such a reality check for the deluded idiots each time they announce some random below average journeyman who's done fuck all.

Heckingbottom has apparently turned them down and he's on the dole, I hope the job center doesn't find out or he'll have his benefits stopped

My lass grew up down south so has had no reason to go to Chicken Town until today, ahead of the Bruce Springsteen concert at the SoL. 

IMG-20240522-WA0011.jpg

Got to love the hillbillies having a thread on our match h. Just for context, the £2.5m we’re being paid for the 2 insignificant friendlies in Oz is:

- 25% of their gate receipts for their whole season; or

- 25% of their tv revenue for the whole season; or

- 95% of the revenue they made on their retail operations; or

- 30% of their year-round conferencing, banqueting and hospitality revenues.

It must genuinely eat them from the inside out.

Sounds like big trouble at the bungalow with crowds stuck outside, apart from the usual metro shambles, the delay was due to staff at the ground 'managing the ingress' of people coming in. 
Probably down to the difference between managing 45,000 tickets and 45,000 actually attending 

Brewce Springsteyen has beyn delayed marra

It's an absolutely awful city for big events, like. The venue is fine but public transport links are abysmal, made even worse by the fact that a big chunk of people going are leaving the city on the same night rather than staying over.

31 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It's an absolutely awful city for big events, like. The venue is fine but public transport links are abysmal, made even worse by the fact that a big chunk of people going are leaving the city on the same night rather than staying over.

Only ever been to 1 concert there and the venue is also shite for music, nothing biased here also think St James is shit having experienced the Sam Fender gig last year.

22 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Only ever been to 1 concert there and the venue is also shite for music, nothing biased here also think St James is shit having experienced the Sam Fender gig last year.

Went for the England v Australia game there a while back. Left straight from work with dad (over 2 hours before kick-off) from Gateshead, missed the first 10 minutes. We decided to call it a night around 75 minutes just to make sure we got home. Never again.

4 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

I thought the Sam fender gig was great once you were actually in the stadium in terms of music. The concourses for food, drink, toilets etc were laughably bad though.

I've taken a good few of my mates over from Ireland to Newcastle loads of times and for one reason or another we've ventured into Sunderland a few of those times and they think its some sort of club rivalry banter when I tell them the mackems think their city is better than Newcastle. :lol: They think its a complete and utter shit hole and absolutely love Newcastle. 

One of the lads I work with was out in Sunderland a few months ago, they went into The Blandford (Sunlin equivalent of Butlers or The Clock) and a lass asked them if they wanted to buy any aftershave. His pal said "what have you got?" and she said "well, tell me what you want and I'll be back in 15 minutes" :lol:

This is the same pub where a student famously went in for a quick drink waiting for his bus and was promptly thumped and knocked out by one of the regulars for absolutely no reason at all.

1 hour ago, Pilko said:

This is the same pub where a student famously went in for a quick drink waiting for his bus and was promptly thumped and knocked out by one of the regulars for absolutely no reason at all.

Cunts remind me of the savages in No Escape.

IMG_5671.thumb.jpeg.5e4e418f164c41f30c0d080175e8f27e.jpeg

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Will Still to Norwich then? :lol:

Shite anyway, marra.

Guessing since no one signed when the season ended they had no plan and just seeing what they can get in for cheap. 

23 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Shite anyway, marra.

Guessing since no one signed when the season ended they had no plan and just seeing what they can get in for cheap. 

How long is it since Beale left? They've basically had since then to do their homework. The fact they've appointed no one despite their sesson finishing 3 weeks ago tells me they have absolutely no plan at all. [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Scoot said:

How long is it since Beale left? They've basically had since then to do their homework. The fact they've appointed no one despite their sesson finishing 3 weeks ago tells me they have absolutely no plan at all. [emoji38]

3 months. No plan. Losing time to implement the new managers way of working. Shambles.