sunderland in the EFL

Big River

21 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

I'll be surprised if they don't flirt with relegation for most of the season, a success for them should be staying up and looking to build but they won't accept that, they want straight back in the PL and the manager will get pelters as soon as its evident they won't be doing that.

They are the biggest club in the Champo so simply staying up is only for tinpot clubs

1 minute ago, tomlynnherrington said:

After every defeat the ref gets the blame.They’re going to get quite a few bad refs this season,and all will added to their extremely long hate list.

:lol: Aye. Mackem mate whose opinion I do value is forever moaning about referees in the EFL. They’re not much better in the PL, so it’s not like they’re the only ones suffering.

4 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

:lol: Aye. Mackem mate whose opinion I do value is forever moaning about referees in the EFL. They’re not much better in the PL, so it’s not like they’re the only ones suffering.

We moaned about the standard of refs in the Championship,but never blamed the official’s for every defeat.You just know they will do it again.

16 hours ago, HTT II said:

In over 2 decades they’ve gave away tens of thousands of free tickets, my boys go to school in Newcastle and they regularly get sent free tickets for kids and we were regularly offered free tickets when my boy was at their academy, I could have even went to the Wembo play off for free [emoji38]

They are now even begging schools for kids to be the mascots

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

They are now even begging schools for kids to be the mascots

They’ve done that for ages and also beg local grassroots teams to do so, including a team with Newcastle in its name, my son could have been one, none of that [emoji38]

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II

To be fair, if you’re a mackem school kid or part or a mackem grassroots team and it’s your club, what an experience, I know a few parents whose kids have been invited and they had a great day. Complimentary free tickets for half a season last season for said kids…

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II

Also, as much as they deride us over free tickets and we them, in this day and age, no-one should laugh at people going to games with free tickets giving the cost of living now and indeed just attending a game of football. We turned down loads of free sunderland tickets and even Wembo ones because we aren’t fans and I’d rather they went to genuine SAFC fans which is only right. All clubs should have a free ticket kind of policy for people who are disabled, for schools, for charities and local grassroots clubs. Which I do believe SAFC do anyway. Sadly they can’t give their tickets away for free even a lot of the time…

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

They’ve done that for ages and also beg local grassroots teams to do so, including a team with Newcastle in its name, my son could have been one, none of that, joke club [emoji38]

Suppose so. If they put as much effort into getting a decent team as they do in trying to be a 'community club' they could actually have a respectable team then kids would come back to them....not in the AJ sense of course

My lad as example....loves football and is starting training thanks to a poster on here but hasn't even got a clue who Sunderland are. They may as well be on the Moon as far as he's concerned....he knows Newcastle, Barcelona, and Forest (Mother job) and that's about it
(

Guest HTT II
30 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Suppose so. If they put as much effort into getting a decent team as they do in trying to be a 'community club' they could actually have a respectable team then kids would come back to them....not in the AJ sense of course

My lad as example....loves football and is starting training thanks to a poster on here but hasn't even got a clue who Sunderland are. They may as well be on the Moon as far as he's concerned....he knows Newcastle, Barcelona, and Forest (Mother job) and that's about it
(

Good luck with your bairn’s training and footy, welcome to a world of constant taxiing however and money money money in kit, subs etc. ha ha.

2 hours ago, tomlynnherrington said:

After every defeat the ref gets the blame.They’re going to get quite a few bad refs this season,and all will added to their extremely long hate list.

Or 'everyone raises their game like it's their Cup Final'.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Or 'everyone raises their game like it's their Cup Final'.

Plus they don't need to play the first 2 rounds of the FA Cup this year too because they're so huge.