sunderland in the EFL

Big River

I've actually watched a few of their games last year and have kept an eye on the squad. 

Seemingly last nights defeat was the "2nd string" (I recognised most of them AND the bench btw, plus their new new star man.) 

Seemingly also friendlies aren't "intense" & "just a run out" then in the next breath "I was impressed with L2 Bradford. They had their full team out and they played with intensity etc etc" 

Anyway this kid's gotta be an Uncle

Screenshot_20220720_133829_com.android.chrome.jpg

Mackem logic:

'we don't want to sign any Newcastle fans as players, always turns out bad etc etc'

Highly rated youth player already at their club and a Newcastle fan with rumours of a possible transfer to Newcastle:

'we shouldn't let him go, he will have better opportunities here'

[emoji38]

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

I've actually watched a few of their games last year and have kept an eye on the squad. 

Seemingly last nights defeat was the "2nd string" (I recognised most of them AND the bench btw, plus their new new star man.) 

Seemingly also friendlies aren't "intense" & "just a run out" then in the next breath "I was impressed with L2 Bradford. They had their full team out and they played with intensity etc etc" 

Anyway this kid's gotta be an Uncle

Screenshot_20220720_133829_com.android.chrome.jpg

Offering fellow fans out man.[emoji38]

2 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Mackem logic:

'we don't want to sign any Newcastle fans as players, always turns out bad etc etc'

Highly rated youth player already at their club and a Newcastle fan with rumours of a possible transfer to Newcastle:

'we shouldn't let him go, he will have better opportunities here'

[emoji38]

Colin Todd the Toon fan.Some say their best ever player.

1 hour ago, tomlynnherrington said:

Colin Todd the Toon fan.Some say their best ever player.

Despite the ignoble ending, Lee Clark was excellent for them too. Bob Stokoe is held in the highest esteem, and has a statue. Similarly, his young cup final winning captain, and subsequent Newcastle legend Barry Venison. There are obviously many more. 

10 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Despite the ignoble ending, Lee Clark was excellent for them too. Bob Stokoe is held in the highest esteem, and has a statue. Similarly, his young cup final winning captain, and subsequent Newcastle legend Barry Venison. There are obviously many more. 

Eh? Bobby Kerr was Stokoe's cup final winning captain.

Venison was captain when they lost in the league cup final in '85, but nowt to do with Bob Stokoe.

12 minutes ago, gdm said:

I think they are going to majorly struggle and I can’t wait 

They'll start well, which will make them overstate their position in the league and them giving it large to all in earshot. The league will wake up, remember why no one likes these cunts, with players & managers alike putting in extra effort to flush the turd back to League One. Manager sacked by xmas as they stumble from calamity to calamity. Fans demanding the kid fucks off or spends the small fortune they deserve for their long suffering. Attendances will drop, everyone will pack up and go home and in-between offering each other out, they'll be asking themselves on RTG why this keeps happening to them.

It's going to be epic.

Edited by Dokko