sunderland in the EFL

Big River

10 hours ago, GWN said:

Anything less than mid table will be a massive failure amongst the cunts so don’t let them say otherwise. The “mighty” Sunlun will demand it , if they are in the bottom half at xmas then they will start on the manager you watch .

see the usual goons are at it again , like fucking clockwork .

9 hours ago, Mattoon said:

I'll be surprised if they don't flirt with relegation for most of the season, a success for them should be staying up and looking to build but they won't accept that, they want straight back in the PL and the manager will get pelters as soon as its evident they won't be doing that.

This really, they don’t take into consideration their changes in situation.

When they were a few games away from being confirmed as going to League One, many of them were still trying to work out if they could make the playoffs.

In fact when they went down, a lot of them never knew that they were down until they got home.

When they were looking to go up, and failing to break into the play offs, many fans still thought that they were going up in the auto’s or even as Champions.

Right now I suspect many of them will be looking at what Norwich did, and Sheffield United and thinking that they will do the same and get back to back promotions. They don’t realise that they don’t have the players and more importantly, don’t have the patience.

If they lose a game or even go a goal behind, they are quick to bewww, and turn on the players/manager. That’s not going to work well in the Championship, bewwing crowds and half empty stadiums when they aren’t winning isn’t going to inspire their players to turn it around.

Serious question, since I became interested in football in the early 2000’s, I can’t remember a time when they ever turned around their poor form without it following a managerial change. Would I be correct in that thinking?

Surely it’s down to the fact that like I say, they turn on their players, manager, owners etc, and even stop going to games. There is nothing to get the players up for it, nothing to encourage them to change, just a total devoid of support which makes things worse and the only way they ever seemed to get out of the cycle, is either by hiring a new manager, changing leagues, or changing owner.

Of course you will have some loyal and level headed fans, no doubt they do, but let’s be honest, they are increasingly becoming the minority and over ran by toxic fans who are devoid of any sort of reality or rational.

Edited by Stifler

5 minutes ago, Stifler said:

When they were a few games away from being confirmed as going to League One, many of them were still trying to work out if they could make the playoffs.

In fact when they went down, a lot of them never knew that they were down until they got home.

When they were looking to go up, and failing to break into the play offs, many fans still thought that they were going up in the auto’s or even as Champions.

Right now I suspect many of them will be looking at what Norwich did, and Sheffield United and thinking that they will do the same and get back to back promotions. They don’t realise that they don’t have the players and more importantly, don’t have the patience.

If they lose a game or even go a goal, they are quick to bewww, and turn on the players/manager. That’s not going to work well in the Championship, brewing crowds and half empty stadiums when they aren’t winning isn’t going to inspire their players to turn it around.

Serious question, since I became interested in football in the early 2000’s, I can’t remember a time when they ever turned around their poor form without it following a managerial change. Would I be correct in that thinking?

Surely it’s down to the fact that like I say, they turn on their players, manager, owners etc, and even stop going to games. There is nothing to get the players up for it, nothing to encourage them to change, just a total devoid of support which makes things worse and the only way they ever seemed to get out of the cycle, is either by hiring a new manager, changing leagues, or changing owner.

Of course you will have some loyal and level headed fans, no doubt they do, but let’s be honest, they are increasingly becoming the minority and over ran by toxic fans who are devoid of any sort of reality or rational.

Mag

32 minutes ago, Stifler said:

If they lose a game or even go a goal, they are quick to bewww, and turn on the players/manager. That’s not going to work well in the Championship, brewing crowds and half empty stadiums when they aren’t winning isn’t going to inspire their players to turn it around.

Sportswashed , right there .

46 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I'll be writing a strongly worded finger painting to pride about you

On 24/07/2022 at 16:48, Joey Linton said:

Some of them are worried about a complete lack of transfers to improve their league one squad and it causing their terrible pre season results, meaning they'll be completely unprepared for the new season.

Fear not marras

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/friendlies.1584440/page-3#post-36499593

A choir :lol:

You've got adults for a tenor, kids for free...

56 minutes ago, GWN said:

Sportswashed , right there .

Who exactly is being sportswashed? The city of Newcastle and the odd fan down south? Because everyone outside of Newcastle fans seems to yap on about sportswashing, so surely its doing the opposite because their aware of it. Mackem posts make me lose brain cells every read.

Seems like a pointless plan if it reaches no further than one place.

It's nonsense, they just want a football team as part of their portfolio, and I like to think maybe they treat it abit like football manager haha.

We don't support human rights breaches, we support the players on the pitch and the manager behind it all, simple.

Edited by BonesJones

35 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Rescued a 1-1 draw with a penalty against the mighty Hartlepool. After losing to Accrington Stanley. Not really showing anything that suggests that they'll survive next season.

Could be a hilarious season ahead.

Bradford also, it's going to be years (cup draw apart) until we play these fuckers again. At least Exile can keep adding his daily numbers (even though I'm convinced he's not even a mackem fan).

35 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Bradford also, it's going to be years (cup draw apart) until we play these fuckers again. At least Exile can keep adding his daily numbers (even though I'm convinced he's not even a mackem fan).

Stupid fuckers call us obsessed without realising we just laugh at the dozy twats. I’d say obsessed is having over 6,000 comments on a NUFC thread on their poxy rtg site. Vile mingers. 

Someone on the phone in last night saying "i expect us to be competing at the top, but think we'll just miss out on the top 6"

What planet are these living on? No end of lucky last minute goals got them to squeeze into the L1 play-offs and now with the same team they are going to be competing for a play-off spot?!

If they finish 18th that would be a massive achievement.

10 minutes ago, Karjala said:

Someone on the phone in last night saying "i expect us to be competing at the top, but think we'll just miss out on the top 6"

What planet are these living on? No end of lucky last minute goals got them to squeeze into the L1 play-offs and now with the same team they are going to be competing for a play-off spot?!

If they finish 18th that would be a massive achievement.

Let’s hope they don’t reach the dizzy heights of 18th. Aye spot on about all the late goals scraping them into the play offs. 

That wasn’t a Mag in the crowd by the way, it was a Hartlepool fan taking the piss . He clearly has a Pools scarf on etc so they can fuck off with that one mind.

On 24/07/2022 at 08:30, Paully said:

Ha ha just looked at the last few pages and spotted this absolute gem by the lunatic [emoji38]

Exile 1968

Midfield

Yesterday at 11:49 PM

How can the rest of the Pride community take them seriously

I'm really pissed off by this. I'll be writing to them properly not just here or Twitter. The hypocrisy is unbelievable

He's admitted in the past he's only bothered because it's NUFC. He couldn't care less about Qatar/PSG or Abu Dhabi/Man City. In fact he couldn't care less about human rights at all.

What really bothers him is that NUFC are now absolutely minted!

5 hours ago, GWN said:

That wasn’t a Mag in the crowd by the way, it was a Hartlepool fan taking the piss . He clearly has a Pools scarf on etc so they can fuck off with that one mind.

Lots of Mackems on RTG and Twitter claiming they personally filled him in after the match :lol:

16 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Lots of Mackems on RTG and Twitter claiming they personally filled him in after the match :lol:

Some on twitter claiming this too.

Proper neanderthals!

Edited by Scoot

7 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Their latest is that this summer is no different to a Mike Ashley one. :lol:

Ashley in Arab clothes I seen the other day.

300m+ for the club, 160m on players alone, another 10-25m on people behind the scenes, training ground updates and stadium improvements.

Just like that time when Ashley spent half a billion on the club in 9month marra

Edited by Wolfcastle

2 hours ago, BlueStar said:

The ridiculous thing is, he wasn't even a 'mag'.

So they've (apparently) claimed to chin a fan from a non rival lower league club just because they didn't like being laughed at.

Stay classy [emoji38]

Edited by Abacus

Tbf might not be a popular view but taking a Newcastle flag to a game just coz it’s against Sunderland is a bit of a wanky thing to do. I mind seeing Newcastle v Celtic in one of the few times we played there and a Celtic fan had a Sunderland shirt and the atmosphere turned pretty nasty until he was thrown out 

Edited by gdm

6 minutes ago, gdm said:

Tbf might not be a popular view but taking a Newcastle flag to a game just coz it’s against Sunderland is a bit of a wanky thing to do. I mind seeing Newcastle v Celtic in one of the few times we played there and a Celtic fan had a Sunderland shirt and the atmosphere turned pretty nasty until he was thrown out 

I remember seeing sunderland tops at our away games. They (by which I mean tge folk that do it, theirs and ours) tend to do it when they club has the upper hand.