sunderland in the EFL

Big River

9 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

How many times have they finished top 10 in the the Premier League?

3 times - 7th twice under Reid, and 10th under Bruce when they went from about 14th on the last day and past us after that Pardew 3-3 draw with WBA.

You could also take that, lower it to 12th, and extend it right back to 1956 and it would still just be three times. :kasper: [emoji38]

No top 6 finish, and only 3 top 12 finishes since 1956 is crazy for seemingly such a big club, yet most of their fanbase would still likely consider themselves among the top 9 or 10 biggest clubs in the country. Only played in Europe once in their history as well - 2 ties, 4 matches, as a second tier club 49 years ago. 

1 minute ago, Paullow said:

3 times - 7th twice under Reid, and 10th under Bruce when they went from about 14th on the last day and past us after that Pardew 3-3 draw with WBA.

You could also take that, lower it to 12th, and extend it right back to 1956 and it would still just be three times. :kasper: [emoji38]

No top 6 finish, and only 3 top 12 finishes since 1956 is crazy for seemingly such a big club, yet most of their fanbase would still likely consider themselves among the top 9 or 10 biggest clubs in the country. Only played in Europe once in their history as well - 2 ties, 4 matches, as a second tier club 49 years ago. 

And they call us delewded

3 hours ago, 54 said:

"Anyway, so he said this and I said that, and you know what, he said this, can you even believe after everything? So anyway I said that and long story short it's over"

Well done SAFC on making an official club statement of something quite important* sound like a teenager's TikTok break-up video.

*well, to you lot anyway. No-one else gives a fuck.

19 hours ago, Cattletrucked said:

Saw a bit of it, a thick cunt saying they’re bigger than Villa 😂😂😂, if anyone’s ever in need of a laugh, just dip into there for 5 minutes, it’s fuckin hilarious. 

Villa paid £30m for Leon Bailey a couple of seasons ago and he mostly sits on their bench.  I'm fairly sure that £30m would be enough to buy Sunderland twice over.

Potters next move will be to a top team in the Premier league or Europe, his Brighton side are one of the best organised teams in Europe that can cope with selling off a few top players every season, his scouting system is one the best in the world and his technical ability is outstanding.

Why the actual fuck would he go to a penniless, sub standard club.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Ben said:

Potters next move will be to a top team in the Premier league or Europe, his Brighton side are one of the best organised teams in Europe that can cope with selling off a few top players every season, his scouting system is one the best in the world and his technical ability is outstanding.

Why the actual fuck would he go to a penniless, sub standard club.

For the blue pop and cheesy chips and to be part of the mlf marra

Edited by HTT II

1 hour ago, Paullow said:

Its like a reverse 1992, nowt since the 30's really counts or something.

30 teams have played more games in Europe than them, Hull and Wimbledon the same.

Be interesting who the joint 31st most games in Europe teams in other countries were for perspective.

Bar attendances, which were not notable for the last 30years at Roker Park (highest average 31k, half below 20k), they're Palace or Charlton.,

Edited by Wolfcastle

It does seem an odd move for him.  Stoke were one of those clubs that found a strange identity under a manager who had a plan.  I would probably agree that their is more potential in Sunderland but I think there are major issues there or he wouldn't have left.  I could quite easily see them going from a promising start to going down.  It's the fans that are the issue as they'll turn soon.  We were always negative for last 10 years when we had a shit manager in charge I suppose though so hard to cast aspersions but even in shit situations like getting relegated with Rafa we got behind the team.  Ashley made us look like right wankers to the outside world by hiring so many inept managers.

God that's brought back too many bad memories.  I do miss the derby though.  

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Sunderland fan:

Alex Neil leaving Sunderland for Stoke is a completely nonsensical and unfathomable move, yet Graham Potter leaving joint top of the PL Brighton for newly promoted League 1 journeymen Sunderland makes perfect sense...

Moon landing levels of Mackematics going on there. 

I’m sure there’s software you can get to check for plagiarism that, if you plug all the ‘in peyce’ posters in, will prove it’s unanimously the same six figured Silksworth mutant bashing away on the keyboard.