sunderland in the EFL

Big River

I can sort of see Neil's frustrations with the recruitment process. Having had a good start to the season, he can probably see that with a few more established Championship quality players they could make a decent run at it & then he's told they're signing 2 kids from France & someone who struggled on loan at Rangers last season.

1 minute ago, KDT said:

I can sort of see Neil's frustrations with the recruitment process. Having had a good start to the season, he can probably see that with a few more established Championship quality players they could make a decent run at it & then he's told they're signing 2 kids from France & someone who struggled on loan at Rangers last season.

Was nothing to do with that. He's basically said there's no money at stoke atm. He wanted to move to a bigger club for more money nearer his family. 

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Was nothing to do with that. He's basically said there's no money at stoke atm. He wanted to move to a bigger club for more money nearer his family. 

Mix of both is probably most likely. He'd have put up with all that if Sunderland had backed him more.

Guest HTT II

I was at my boy’s training last night, most of the parents are mackems, all fucking sound, and one of the dad’s said their owners have been in talks with Morbray for ages (him being seen at the SOL etc. a few weeks back apparently) and considered AO a stop gap just to get them up and that he was very abrasive behind the scenes. The same dad did say he was gutted AO left as he rated him and thought that everything was just starting to click.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

I was at my boy’s training last night, most of the parents are mackems, all fucking sound, and one of the dad’s said their owners have been in talks with Morbray for ages (him being seen at the SOL etc. a few weeks back apparently) and considered AO a stop gap just to get them up and that he was very abrasive behind the scenes. The same dad did say he was gutted AO left as he rated him and thought that everything was just starting to click.

Who the hell is AO?  Are they getting a fridge delivered [emoji38]

45 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I've no doubt they're sound lads HTT but that sounds like medical-grade copium from the mackem, like :lol:

Edited by Elric
Words and stuff

Guest HTT II
Just now, Elric said:

I've no doubt they're sound lads HTT but that sounds like weapons-grade copium from the mackem, like :lol:

It may be, to be fair to them, they seem underwhelmed by what’s went on, but are just delighted to be back in the Champo and say if they avoid relegation and play some decent stuff it will be a decent season for them.