sunderland in the EFL

Big River

2 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Manning who tops their poll for next manager has left them & gone to Stoke :lol:

Its never ending, Ive never watched that Netflix thing but will def watch the new one 

Bernard?

1 minute ago, Dancing Brave said:

16 pages of meltdown...and of course NUFC get mentioned all the time :rolleyes:

Shitty little clubs that play in red and white in undesirable areas of the country. They have more in common than they realise.

Guest HTT II

This reminds me of the time the mighty Palace poached Pardew off us and we ended up with Carver. 

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II

Watch out for the ensuing macktracking, did well at WBA, Blackburn etc., knows the area well. I mean he comes across as decent bloke and has done well in his career, but his stellar times have come with far superior squads/players. This smacks of them having no money, no knowledge of any up and coming potential new future prospects in management and that no-one who isn’t desperate/out of work will touch that chicken town club with a shitty stick. They will be lucky to stay up IMO.

Edited by HTT II

On 28/08/2022 at 12:25, Wolfcastle said:

Even the 1950's is generous.

Last trophy was mid 30s. Relegated in 58, 3rd bottom in 57 and 15th in the second division in 59 and 16th the following season.

We had bigger attendances the vast majority of the time and when we didn't it was by 1k and won the cup three times that decae.  Man United and Wolves winnning the league 3 times in the 50s have decent cause for complaint too.

Quite right, Wolfie - but that's why I highlighted the singular year of 1950 and not the 1950's. I chose that year because there was something of a changing of the guard over the next dozen years with ManU, Wolves and Spurs dominating. The, from the mid 60's came the new forces of Leeds and Liverpool.

4 minutes ago, TomYam said:

Quite right, Wolfie - but that's why I highlighted the singular year of 1950 and not the 1950's. I chose that year because there was something of a changing of the guard over the next dozen years with ManU, Wolves and Spurs dominating. The, from the mid 60's came the new forces of Leeds and Liverpool.

I realised after I did that unfortunately. My bad.

Some poor b*stard on our thread on there, one of their own, getting chased for having the temerity to comment on Neves comments, then fireback that it was a bit much for 9/11 bombs stoning and rape to be mentioned in a reply.

Being sane and going on that thread was his first mistake.

Edited by Wolfcastle