sunderland in the EFL

Big River

The previous time they were in the championship 5 years earlier and won the league with 102 points, their average attendance was 43,000 which isn't bad but that is still 12k empty seats.

Mackematics st its finest :lol:

The thick fuckers still can't (or won't) acknowledge that their actual crowds are a good few thousand less than their 'club official crowds'. It's not even debatable when you constantly see the mass gaps of seats during live games and match highlights. 

49 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

The previous time they were in the championship 5 years earlier and won the league with 102 points, their average attendance was 43,000 which isn't bad but that is still 12k empty seats.

The thick fuckers still can't (or won't) acknowledge that their actual crowds are a good few thousand less than their 'club official crowds'. It's not even debatable when you constantly see the mass gaps of seats during live games and match highlights. 

For the little it matters (It doesn't, but let's just add some context) that's our worst attendance average since we rebuilt the stadium, yet the last time they beat that was in 2001/02 despite 12 of the seasons since being in the PL, and them having 2 of their own promotion seasons from the Championship - Firstly 04/05 when they averaged 28,821 and secondly in 06/07 when they averaged 31,887

So I've no idea what point they're attempting to prove.

Edited by Chris_R

13 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

For the little it matters (It doesn't, but let's just add some context) that's our worst attendance average since we rebuilt the stadium, yet the last time they beat that was in 2001/02 despite 12 of the seasons since being in the PL, and them having 2 of their own promotion seasons from the Championship - Firstly 04/05 when they averaged 28,821 and secondly in 06/07 when they averaged 31,887

"The previous time they were in the championship 5 years earlier and won the league with 102 points, their average attendance was 43,000 which isn't bad but that is still 12k empty seats."

So the moron thinks our capacity is 55,000 when its 52,305

Edited by Choppy Chop Chop
misquote

31 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

They love to cherry pick their points, when one look at actual overall records (as you have highlighted), gives a totally different picture. 

Hilarious that they’re still making up lies about their Dutch connection. Dangermong desperately trying to have hooligan friends. 

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/dutch-fans-at-the-game-today.1595012/page-3

There’s a photo of Dangermong and his marras “taking” a railway bridge at central station on groomers somewhere.  Looked like an Inbetweeners reunion. 

On 14/01/2023 at 19:24, LionOfGosforth said:

"We've chased Millwall a few times. They don't even travel up here" :lol:

Read more fascinating Walter Mitty style tales here:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/trouble-again.1598018/page-6

This thread is still going strong and has to be one of the all time classics, even for RTG standards, I kid you not…. The amount of absolute shite being typed is comedy gold…

Even that infamous, Chelsea hardman and hooligan makes a guest appearance ‘Jason Marriner in peyce’..

As the thread gathers momentum Skylon, Lumber and Rubberface have morphed into Bexy, The Yeti and Bovver whilst elsewhere internal battles are raging between the Vauxies and Casualties…

All the cliches are readily available for your perusal… ‘they got slapped’, ‘too many polis’, ‘we stood our ground’. A personal favourite of mine was the 10 v 200 standoff. This was later reduced to 8 by someone ‘in the know’ so not sure where the other 2 went… it’s bullshit bingo at its finest.. 

This also provides a fascinating insight into these lunatics as you can also start to guess the age which is rather amusing…

Notably there’s very few RTG contributors condemning such behaviour which disappoints me somewhat, considering they are after all the classiest fans in the country… aren’t they?

Quite looking forward to the Sunderland-Middlesbrough match on Sunday,

I wouldn't mind Boro coming up this season to be honest, but I wonder if they were both in the same league (Championship) for the next 4 or 5 seasons, and we continue to push on and be an established top 6 club, whether in time, that will actually become 'the derby'. You'd assume no given the geographical closeness of Newcastle and Sunderland, plus the obvious poor feelings between the two sets of fans, and it is quite easy to dismiss Boro as 'not a derby' (whether right or wrong), but if it gets to stage of Newcastle never playing Sunderland for 11 or 12 years, and those two involved in some heated battles, then you never know - it's almost 7 years since we last played Sunderland (almost 13 since we played Boro).

37 minutes ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

"The previous time they were in the championship 5 years earlier and won the league with 102 points, their average attendance was 43,000 which isn't bad but that is still 12k empty seats."

So the moron thinks our capacity is 55,000 when its 52,305

55,000 screaming jawdees, marra, and another 10,000 locked out.

On 15/01/2023 at 10:51, Big Geordie said:

According to nufc.com, legend has it that the firebomb landed at the feet of a young Tony Cottee and John Cornwell (latter ex Newcastle during the late 80's) This incident was before my time, but I have sang that song in the past. Not sure if I would do so again now.

It's true. I was at a talk in with Tony Cottee at the Assembley Rooms a few years ago and ended up sat right next to him as I was on the top table and he was telling us all about it. Said it was a petrifying experience and he remembers just standing there thinking "bloody hell its only a football match!"

Was a really canny bloke actually. A friend of mine knew the bloke who threw the petrol bomb. They used to drink in the same club. Said he was a nice, quiet bloke but detested Cockneys!

2 hours ago, RS said:

Hilarious that they’re still making up lies about their Dutch connection. Dangermong desperately trying to have hooligan friends. 

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/dutch-fans-at-the-game-today.1595012/page-3

There’s a photo of Dangermong and his marras “taking” a railway bridge at central station on groomers somewhere.  Looked like an Inbetweeners reunion. 

He comes across as a right cretin that lad. He posts videos of all this hoolie shite and claims to be in the know but it's all googling. It's like he's living vicariously through others. Didn't see the railway photo but did see another one and he looks like he'd struggle to turn the telly ower. Tbh being in your 40s and still thrapping yourself off over football violence from the safety of your pallion griefhole is canny sad anyway.

On 15/01/2023 at 07:06, St1pe said:

I’ve got absolutely no issue with a fan base doing what they can to create a better atmosphere - it worked for us so fair play to them. 

Although apparently we were really embarrassing for doing the flag thing and yet they’ve copied it. Probably the same lot that wouldn’t be happy with Saudi investment [emoji38]

Agreed.

But they could perhaps make it not look so cheap and shit.  

I know wor flags has gone from strength to strength and perhaps I just wasn't paying attention.  But I don't remember it ever looking that poundshop.  

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

It's true. I was at a talk in with Tony Cottee at the Assembley Rooms a few years ago and ended up sat right next to him as I was on the top table and he was telling us all about it. Said it was a petrifying experience and he remembers just standing there thinking "bloody hell its only a football match!"

Was a really canny bloke actually. A friend of mine knew the bloke who threw the petrol bomb. They used to drink in the same club. Said he was a nice, quiet bloke but detested Cockneys!

I’d like to know his name. I was at the game (only a kid at the time) and a notorious (and old enough to know better) man from Felling got walked around the side of the pitch, by St John’s, feigning (I have always thought) injury sometime before it happened. Always assumed it was him, though never had it confirmed. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I’d like to know his name. I was at the game (only a kid at the time) and a notorious (and old enough to know better) man from Felling got walked around the side of the pitch, by St John’s, feigning (I have always thought) injury sometime before it happened. Always assumed it was him, though never had it confirmed. 

Was an 18 year old lad from the west end I’ll see if I can find his name. 

8 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Making 1.2 mill per home game according to some nakka on their the other day, probably gippeto or that skyrocket 🥴 'kin skyrockets alright  heeds in the stars the lot of them

2 minutes ago, Scoot said:

They will go to their usual final defence of 'catchment area', which is absolute bollocks with the two clubs only being about 12 miles apart.