sunderland in the EFL

Big River

Why are they so down on parachute payments all of a sudden? Nobody else allowed to benefit just because their own had to go on keeping the club afloat after catastrophic overspending?

2 hours ago, OpenC said:

Why are they so down on parachute payments all of a sudden? Nobody else allowed to benefit just because their own had to go on keeping the club afloat after catastrophic overspending?

Different to marrachute, which only MLF are allowed to benefit from.

Disappointing end to a fantastic season, Simply bullied at Luton and we couldn't stand up to them with the players we had available.

Onwards and upwards, Looks like Jobe Bellingham is signing for 3M according to Fabrizio Romano, Hopefully more quality through the door and we can target the top 6 again next year with a fit squad.

1 minute ago, TeddySAFC said:

Disappointing end to a fantastic season, Simply bullied at Luton and we couldn't stand up to them with the players we had available.

Onwards and upwards, Looks like Jobe Bellingham is signing for 3M according to Fabrizio Romano, Hopefully more quality through the door and we can target the top 6 again next year with a fit squad.

It'll be the most interesting Championship for years next year. Watford, Norwich, Boro, Sunderland, West Brom, Southampton, Leicester and Leeds/Everton, not to mention there's always a couple of surprise packages who nobody expects to be up there.

No denying you play some good football and were unfortunate that injuries meant that you had to play makeshift CB for the semi, but like you say a good season nonetheless. Most of my red & white mates acknowledge they deserved to go out but remain pretty upbeat about the future. Replacing Diallo's output will be difficult though.

Would be extremely harsh to sack Mowbray for some trendy coach from the continent imo, but maybe this was always the plan? Would be interesting to see what would have happened if he had taken you up.

48 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

It'll be the most interesting Championship for years next year. Watford, Norwich, Boro, Sunderland, West Brom, Southampton, Leicester and Leeds/Everton, not to mention there's always a couple of surprise packages who nobody expects to be up there.

No denying you play some good football and were unfortunate that injuries meant that you had to play makeshift CB for the semi, but like you say a good season nonetheless. Most of my red & white mates acknowledge they deserved to go out but remain pretty upbeat about the future. Replacing Diallo's output will be difficult though.

Would be extremely harsh to sack Mowbray for some trendy coach from the continent imo, but maybe this was always the plan? Would be interesting to see what would have happened if he had taken you up.

Yeah, The Mowbray one is quite a good debate to be honest.

He was brought in as a safe pair of hands after Neil walked to basically ensure we didn't go down, Nobody could have forecasted how well he ended up doing with the players he had at his disposal, He has certainly earned himself another crack at it next season.

On the other hand it's been clear since his appointment that he was a short term measure due to unforeseen circumstances, Mowbray admitted this himself. The board would also be daft not to look into the possibility of getting a better manager if one was available but there is always a risk in making change, I much prefer them being proactive than the usual reactive shite we have been used to in previous years. You also have to consider that Mowbray only has one Championship promotion on his CV which was over 15 years ago, so there is no real evidence to suggest he would get us promoted if he's given next season to achieve it.

I personally think he will go and they will go after someone they believe can kick us onto the next level. The owner is big on youth, taking calculated risk, technology and development and I think he will have his own man earmarked to follow that blueprint.

Edited by TeddySAFC

51 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

I wouldn’t say fantastic as a “massive” club like Sunderland with “huge “ support should be going up automatically but you scraped a last minute chance of play offs and squandered it despite leading at the halfway mark to Luton Town 😂.Looking set to sack a very good manager as reward for it . All teams have injuries so don’t play that card subtly, you have to deal with it , it’s a long season marra .

Jobe Bellingham is shite btw , utter waste of cash you don’t have , clearly. 

Good luck next season, you are setting yourself up for another failure , it’s glorious to watch . 

FTM 

6 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

He was brought in as a safe pair of hands after Neil walked to basically ensure we didn't go down, Nobody could have forecasted how well he ended up doing with the players he had at his disposal, He has certainly earned himself another crack at it next season.

On the other hand it's been clear since his appointment that he was a short term measure due to unforeseen circumstances, Mowbray admitted this himself. The board would also be daft not to look into the possibility of getting a better manager if one was available but there is always a risk in making change, I much prefer them being proactive than the usual reactive shite we have been used to in previous years. You also have to consider that Mowbray only has one Championship promotion on his CV which was over 15 years ago, so there is no real evidence to suggest he would get us promoted if he's given next season to achieve it.

I personally think he will go and they will go after someone they believe can kick us onto the next level. The owner is big or youth, technology and development and I think he will have his own man earmarked to follow that blueprint.

Decent argument at getting rid tbf .

2 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

I personally think he will go and they will go after someone they believe can kick us onto the next level. The owner is big on youth, taking calculated risk, technology and development and I think he will have his own man earmarked to follow that blueprint.

It will be interesting to see what expectations are like next season. As you said, nobody could have envisaged what happened in 22/23, so if you aren't amongst it next season will the fans give patience? We aren't exactly renowned for being the patient type up here. I genuinely think you'll miss out on the play-offs next year just due to the names in the league (devils advocate there's also a scenario where you are pushing for top 2) but will come back stronger in 24/25.

Fair enough re: Mowbray though, I suppose you have to trust the owners as they seem to get a lot right thus far.

That being said, naturally I hope it goes terribly wrong and you linger in the lower leagues for eternity, but I do think you'll be back within 3/5 years.

6 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

It will be interesting to see what expectations are like next season. As you said, nobody could have envisaged what happened in 22/23, so if you aren't amongst it next season will the fans give patience? We aren't exactly renowned for being the patient type up here. I genuinely think you'll miss out on the play-offs next year just due to the names in the league (devils advocate there's also a scenario where you are pushing for top 2) but will come back stronger in 24/25.

Fair enough re: Mowbray though, I suppose you have to trust the owners as they seem to get a lot right thus far.

That being said, naturally I hope it goes terribly wrong and you linger in the lower leagues for eternity, but I do think you'll be back within 3/5 years.

personally think they will struggle . Many teams under performed , they had their best chance at it for what I think will be a while and blew it yet again . I hope they throw money at it in false hope that this season was the start of something big all for it to be nothing but a flash in the pan . 

They will end up relegated and bust [emoji38] seriously , 8th at best .

1 minute ago, GWN said:

they had their best chance at it for what I think will be a while

I do agree with this, much like I do about our Top 4 chances! All about taking the opportunities when presented.

As funny as it is with them fucking it, it can't be denied that having at least one fit CB would have made a huge difference against the tactics Luton employed in the second leg. Sunderland's 2 CBs probably had a combined height of 6ft :lol: 

Funny though, I took some ribbing from a few red & whiters when we lost the final (even during the game ffs) , and most recently when we lost to Arsenal. I generally don't like to throw one back but I couldn't resist on Tuesday.

30 minutes ago, GWN said:

I wouldn’t say fantastic as a “massive” club like Sunderland with “huge “ support should be going up automatically but you scraped a last minute chance of play offs and squandered it despite leading at the halfway mark to Luton Town 😂.Looking set to sack a very good manager as reward for it . All teams have injuries so don’t play that card subtly, you have to deal with it , it’s a long season marra .

Jobe Bellingham is shite btw , utter waste of cash you don’t have , clearly. 

Good luck next season, you are setting yourself up for another failure , it’s glorious to watch . 

FTM 

Your hatred of Sunderland is actually mental [emoji38]

19 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

I do agree with this, much like I do about our Top 4 chances! All about taking the opportunities when presented.

As funny as it is with them fucking it, it can't be denied that having at least one fit CB would have made a huge difference against the tactics Luton employed in the second leg. Sunderland's 2 CBs probably had a combined height of 6ft :lol: 

Funny though, I took some ribbing from a few red & whiters when we lost the final (even during the game ffs) , and most recently when we lost to Arsenal. I generally don't like to throw one back but I couldn't resist on Tuesday.

They throw plenty at us so fuck them all . 

5 minutes ago, GWN said:

Nope , just hated , I’m perfectly sane marra . 

Over 300 posts in the Sunderland thread (with pretty much every post saying how shit they are) since the start of the season suggests otherwise, marra.

16 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

Over 300 posts in the Sunderland thread (with pretty much every post saying how shit they are) since the start of the season suggests otherwise, marra.

Oooh who else have you checked ? How do I come over ?

24 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

Do a check on some of the lunatics in the NUFC RTG thread and see how bad >300 posts looks….

Just now, SteV said:

Do a check on some of the lunatics in the NUFC RTG thread and see how bad >300 posts looks….

Ah don't get me wrong, every forum has them, It's Newcastle Onlines version of that daft twat Exile. :laugh: