sunderland in the EFL

Big River

I'm pleased they've sacked Mowbray, he's actually a decent manager so they are plainly still deluded about what their standing in the game currently is and what they can realistically achieve in the short to medium term.

It's an interesting job, one which historicaly suits a British manager to match the club and it's fans, however the ownership, control and setup suggests a foreign head coach is what is needed. Could quite easily go down the Watford route and keep getting it wrong whilst switching out with relative ease. 

Will Still would be a genius appointment. If there is even a hint he'd be tempted then you throw everything you have, including breaking payscale. 

Really can't see Will Still and his brothers leaving 5th top Reims and his status as one of Europes upcoming coaches to risk it all at a midtable Championship side with a limited budget.

Surely he'll have an eye out for a Premiership club or at least a Championship club with parachute payments and money to spend.

Somewhere like Brentford, Brighton or West Ham when their current manangers move on.

Possibly Burnley or Forest if they go down although the Forest job could be a challenge with the owner.

For some reason I can see him rocking up at Crystal Palace and being a good fit.

47 minutes ago, KateJ84 said:

Get Big Sam over there. They deserve to watch that turgid football with no danger of them doing anything.

My ex was a Sunderland fan. Small willy to match the small brain lol

Well the first mistake was having a mackem b/f in the first place!

7 minutes ago, Ginola14 said:

would be nice if local lads Longstaff, Anderson, Miley and Burn are fit for this

As long as (Longstaff excluded) our squad is fit enough that they are all on the bench.

I think Howe will try to rotate a bit if possible given it's only 3rd round and sandwiched  between Liverpool and City games. 

Would be a huge risk of course.

edit - sorry wrong Sunderland thread!

Edited by Ginola14

I see they're going on about the 10,000 seat giveaway on there. If someone has access, can they point out to the fuckers that the actual average up to when Ashley give the tickets away, was actually over 46,000; and that throughout their entire history they have only managed to get a bigger average than the 46,000 on three occasions. 

Edited by et tu brute

3 hours ago, KateJ84 said:

Get Big Sam over there. They deserve to watch that turgid football with no danger of them doing anything.

My ex was a Sunderland fan. Small willy to match the small brain lol

Makes a change, most makems are massive dicks 

28 minutes ago, SweMag said:

Sunderland will talk to Swedish manager Kim Hellberg (35y) tomorrow about the manager role.

Any good? He the one who failed to qualify for the Euros?

Edited by Unbelievable
Thought you said Sweden manager, apologies

7 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

Any good? He the one who failed to qualify for the Euros?

He doesn't manage the national team. He manages/head coach of Vaernamo. They finished 5th.

Edited by madras