sunderland in the EFL

Big River

They were shite. We came into the game rattled, nervy, fatigued, on our worst run of form for ages, and yet they let us play at walking pace for most of the 90. Derby aside, you'd expect a lower league team to have given us a real working today and got the crowd behind them. 

Got a few messages from mackems I work with, overriding theme is disappointing that they didn’t show up at all and thought they could utilise the same gameplan they use on Championship plodders against a Premier League team.

Thought it was hilarious for the 3rd goal, O'Nien reckons he can be seen as a hero by trying to injure Isak.

He ends up missing the ball and man with a wild tackle and Isak just calmly passes it to Gordon to win an easy pen

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Thought it was hilarious for the 3rd goal, O'Nien reckons he can be seen as a hero by trying to injure Isak.

He ends up missing the ball and man with a wild tackle and Isak just calmly passes it to Gordon to win an easy pen

Watching that gormless prick get torn to bits today was brilliant.

6 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Got a few messages from mackems I work with, overriding theme is disappointing that they didn’t show up at all and thought they could utilise the same gameplan they use on Championship plodders against a Premier League team.

Reality is. No specific game plan could have helped them today. The quality between the two sides was clear for all to see.

Thought Neil looked like their only reasonable player.

Surprised they're as high in the champo as they are though. Really didn't have any threat at all in their team.

22 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Every single mackem I have spoken to are taking the piss out of us celebrating beating a poor championship side and that it's the least we should have done. Even though up until 12.45 it's been weeks of them going to beat us, their macktracking excuses in full swing. 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They need a striker if they're going to lay a glove on Leeds and Southampton in the Play-Offs like. Thought Waddle was spot on, they weren't better than us so they had to find a way to try and beat us and they didn't. 

O'Nien though. Him and SAFC are just made for each other. :lol:

That “challenge” on Isak in the lead up to our penalty being awarded. :lol:

50 minutes ago, Andy said:

They were shite. We came into the game rattled, nervy, fatigued, on our worst run of form for ages, and yet they let us play at walking pace for most of the 90. Derby aside, you'd expect a lower league team to have given us a real working today and got the crowd behind them. 

Their crowd seemed to know what was coming right from the start tbh. I've seen far more hostile mackem crowds, albeit that was at Roker Park. Maybe moving to the lego stadium with the Benfica ripped off name has killed the old fervour.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Their crowd seemed to know what was coming right from the start tbh. I've seen far more hostile mackem crowds, albeit that was at Roker Park. Maybe moving to the lego stadium with the Benfica ripped off name has killed the old fervour.

I don’t think so - never one to give the horrible cunts credit but that 2-2 game in 2000 was rabid to be fair.

56 minutes ago, Andy said:

Just seen this, just wow 

Screenshot_2024-01-06-16-49-41-941_com.facebook.katana~2.jpg

Just now, Fezzle said:

Just seen this, just wow 

Screenshot_2024-01-06-16-49-41-941_com.facebook.katana~2.jpg

I hope they don't watch the replay of the ITV showing, Waddle was getting ready to string himself up he was so disconsolate how outclassed they'd been. :lol:

Just now, TRon said:

I hope they don't watch the replay of the ITV showing, Waddle was getting ready to string himself up he was so disconsolate how outclassed they'd been. :lol:

He’d be able to cut himself down with his manky long claws.

10 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Was Mathew Crookston on meth when he watched it?

Can only assume he's been drinking the longships entire stock of top shelf spirits all morning 😂

The only positive they can take is that the team is young and still learning, problem is, they just sacked the bloke that built it

They only have themselves to blame for.the gulf between us, like. Aye, we hit the jackpot with who we got taken over by, but they were happy with their club just pottering about 16th in the league, winning the derby was their be-all, end-all.

They could be where Bournemouth or Brighton are now but instead they just lapped it up 10 years ago circling the bowl and let relegation happen.