sunderland in the EFL

Big River

12 hours ago, Jonas said:

Can't help but think the practice of free/cheap tickets has become a self fulfilling prophecy for them and a habit they can't break. The people (makems) I knew that took them up on it were not impressed and never went back.

They were doing this in the Roker Park days and advertised in my high school weekly news that you just had to put your name down at reception. Probably a dozen people might go, lad I went to our matches with years later was one just to hang out with his mates. 

I was "allocated" a ticket by my Primary School in Felling back in the Peytar Reeyd days and went out of curiosity to see their new stadium. Had a ticket around 12 years ago through work as well, Redknapp's first game in charge of QPR iirc and it was the most drab 0-0 you could imagine. Hospitality was spot on though, light years ahead of ours at the time...

They'll never admit it for whatever reason, but they've always done it and it seems like they'll continue to do it for a while yet - all because their tiny minds simply cannot comprehend that their nearest and dearest Premier League neighbours are light years ahead of them in every single metric.

41 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

See the new season of Sunlun till I die is out now on Netflix.

Heard someone talking about it on the radio this morning, and saying they were glad season 3 has the 'Hollywood ending' they wanted. ;D

Yup, promotion out the 3rd division, proper Hollywood that! 

BIpolar the way they have gone in a few weeks from the worst team and manager in history to yet again regaining their rightful place as the Barcelona of the north east.

Screenshot_2024-02-13-09-22-00-368.jpeg

On 13/02/2024 at 08:47, TK-421 said:

Heard someone talking about it on the radio this morning, and saying they were glad season 3 has the 'Hollywood ending' they wanted. ;D

I'll give it a watch like, but 3 episodes, minimal suffering? Not what I'm after :lol:

Edit: Ah that fucking ending man, FFS. Very moving. 

Edited by Elric

12 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

Why would you want a season ticket……especially as we all know how troublesome those shits are at Nissan, might as well pick up a freebie when your not at work.

tell me you really meant to say that [emoji38]

1 hour ago, TK-421 said:

A 6-0 defeat and an airing of “Sunlund get battered, everywhere they go” after 10 mins (after the recap from previous series!)! is a nice start

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Fuck sake, I really wasn't ready for that ending. Genuine tears. 

Hope it ends as a series from here rather than just trying to chase another dramatic finish, Ending encapsulated everything perfectly.

1 minute ago, TeddySAFC said:

Hope it ends as a series from here rather than just trying to chase another dramatic finish, Ending encapsulated everything perfectly.

how does it end? is it getting pumped 3-0 in the derby?

Ah that infamous 2011-12 year when all gravy stained mags were green with envy over the mackems toiling around the bottom 1/3 of the league while we finished 5th with a very talented team. Its a shame Cyril ruined that thread by taking them to task just as the ridiculous bastards were getting going

5 hours ago, TeddySAFC said:

Why would it end now? Let's face it, watching a team desperately trying to come out of the shadow of their neighbours failing, getting up, failing again, rinse and repeat makes far more compelling viewing than watching Man City sweep the board season after season.

11 minutes ago, Exiled in Texas said:

Imagine the episode covering the derby. 
The fewm over the number of tickets, the North Stand end, the Black Cats bar would be amazing TV.

please please please make this an episode 😆

Is it not from the season before this season which is being released?

This series is funny man. O'Nien is just a bull in a china shop, Cattermole regen Absolutely 0 talent just runs at players and rugby tackles them. No wonder he's a local hero there 

Looks like I’ll have to restart a Netflix subscription - can’t miss my favourite comedy of the 21st Century.  Peep Show is nowt compared to it.

I love the idea that promotion from Division Three will represent a ‘happy ending’.  Unless I’m misremembering, wasn’t the goal of our heroes at the start of series getting promotion back to the Premier League?  

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Looks like I’ll have to restart a Netflix subscription - can’t miss my favourite comedy of the 21st Century.  Peep Show is nowt compared to it.

I love the idea that promotion from Division Three will represent a ‘happy ending’.  Unless I’m misremembering, wasn’t the goal of our heroes at the start of series getting promotion back to the Premier League?  

First 5 minutes of Episode 1, Cattermole was talking about winning the Championship and their Assistant Manager was rallying the team before kick-off of their first game saying how they no longer have to fear the opposition as they're the best now. :lol:

3 series on, they're just back to where the started.

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

First 5 minutes of Episode 1, Cattermole was talking about winning the Championship and their Assistant Manager was rallying the team before kick-off of their first game saying how they no longer have to fear the opposition as they're the best now. :lol:

3 series on, they're just back to where the started.

It's like TWD when they were stuck in the prison for 5 series as they blew their budget on building. Less zombies in TWD though.

Spoilers

Spoiler

I'm around 3 episodes in, I'm surprised its like 2 years behind - unless they're doing first part as league 1 promotion and second part of the series as their championship push"

Edited by Menace