sunderland in the EFL

Big River

On 13/02/2024 at 21:34, midds said:

Still think the taxi driver is the canniest of the whole lot of them tbh. 

The kid owner seems clueless and clearly not playing with a full deck, he's got his own agenda and will do what he likes, hence lying about how much he owned and letting us have their hospitality for the derby last month. Huge red flags 

Taxi driver comes across as sound as owt. I remember them showing the Brexit march in a previous season, and him saying he doesn’t agree with it etc.

Just a bloke who wants to go and see his team play and try. It can often be overlooked that there is plenty similar people about, all hidden by the likes of RTG, social media, and those who live to wind others up, or antagonise.

8 hours ago, Pilko said:

It'll be absolewt carnage if Mogga's new mob dismantle them at the weekend. 

Wonder if they'll be rolling out this all time classic in the away end?

IMG_5409.webp.84b4c61fb2efaa912c44214afd644d7f.webp

18 hours ago, Pilko said:

It'll be absolewt carnage if Mogga's new mob dismantle them at the weekend. 

Wonder if they'll be rolling out this all time classic in the away end?

Decent crowd in for the meat draw 

1 hour ago, TK-421 said:

Haha, just heard the breakfast presenter fyewmin about this on Radio Newcastle on the way into work.

Here is the clip that causing so much Fyewm...

Echo the sentiment of the tweeter. Always up for a laugh at Sunderland but not when some London-centric cunt is so dismissive.

“This is not where I live, at all”. Stuck up wanker, have the misfortune of spending 3 days a week in her beloved London and, if work wasn’t an issue, would much prefer to be walking the beaches or Seaburn and Seaham than trudging round the soulless steel and concrete mass that is Canary Wharf, the majority decrepit Tube system, scruffy rubbish filled streets around Marylebone, Soho and the West End. 

Unfortunately the weighting of the industry I work in means you have to suffer it but I miss the people of back home everyday.

She’s the Vice President of the Royal Academy for Dramatic Art. Of course she’s going to think London is great and Sunderland is shite. It’s obviously what people that move in those kind of circles are going to think.

Ask Mick from Murton whether he prefers the club or a trendy wine bar in London, and you know what answer you’ll get.

You can almost feel the hasty media training there though, it's an american talk show right? "right americans only know london, go on and make a joke to ease things up, oh and they love the scouse accent' and she goes on with this shit joke with sunderland as the punchline but it's so ill thought out she hasn't got anything to say about places other than how they compare to london. Bad joke, maybe should expect her to think it through more about coming off so snobbishly london centric (albeit not very surprising sigh), but also if sunderland fans want to help stop their city being the butt of every meanspirited joke they really should take RTG off the internet...

When you’re saying Manchester is good because ‘it’s like London’, you’re just a wanker, plain and simple.

Regional-based snobbery.  She can get fucked, frankly.  She’s talking about touring England like it’s a fucking trek, rather than a tiny country in which you can drive from top to bottom in less than a working day.  It’s also easy for them to forget that plenty of us have actually been to London, too - and as appealing as 20 miles of suburbs in all directions is, plenty of us would rather cut off our bollocks than live there.  

Some of this feels like almost a family thing - I can take the piss out of my relative, but you can’t.  

14 minutes ago, SteV said:

She’s the Vice President of the Royal Academy for Dramatic Art. Of course she’s going to think London is great and Sunderland is shite. It’s obviously what people that move in those kind of circles are going to think.

Ask Mick from Murton whether he prefers the club or a trendy wine bar in London, and you know what answer you’ll get.

Mick from Murton isn’t a gatekeeper to an industry which is infamous in its lack of northern working class representation.  It’s almost as if people like her are stopping opportunities for NE actors …

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Mick from Murton isn’t a gatekeeper to an industry which is infamous in its lack of northern working class representation.  It’s almost as if people like her are stopping opportunities for NE actors …

Honestly think people are being a tad too touchy here.

Perhaps it was slightly foolish of her to say something like that publicly, given the inevitable kick-back (although there’s not exactly a huge amount of context in that brief clip).

Let’s be honest, if someone from Sunderland was immersed in that world of dramatic arts, or whatever you want to call it, they’d think the same. They probably wouldn’t verbalise it out of respect and loyalty to their home town, but they’d think it.

Different places suit different types of people. And different places are shite to certain types of people. 

She also mentioned Manchester being like London as a positive.

I've lived in Manchester for 9 years and it has really turned into a mini London and that's why i'm considering moving out to the sticks or back to the North East because i look as that as a negative. 

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Honestly think people are being a tad too touchy here.

Perhaps it was slightly foolish of her to say something like that publicly, given the inevitable kick-back (although there’s not exactly a huge amount of context in that brief clip).

Let’s be honest, if someone from Sunderland was immersed in that world of dramatic arts, or whatever you want to call it, they’d think the same. They probably wouldn’t verbalise it out of respect and loyalty to their home town, but they’d think it.

Different places suit different types of people. And different places are shite to certain types of people. 

You do have a point - Andrea Riseborough is a hateful Tory cunt who’s embarrassed about her roots.  

As with most things most places have pros and cons. I would love to live in London for a lot of the culture etc, but that is part of the problem it's all there and making the short trek outside  London beyond beyond that is really annoying. It's a tiresome attitude but equally i am not going to totally condemn someone as a bad person just for an awkward bad joke out of context on a US chatshow, may be bad day bad phrasing, but it is an attitude that should be called out.

1 hour ago, GEFAFWISP said:

Sunderland is a shithole and actors are generally vacuous cunts who adore the glamour of big cities. Nothing to see here.

The City centre is shite (albeit its improving), but there's some lovely areas of Sunderland.

Whitburn, Cleadon, Roker are all lovely parts of it, like anywhere you have absolute shite and some decent spots.

Edited by TeddySAFC