sunderland in the EFL

Big River

1 minute ago, TeddySAFC said:

Using a few tweets to encapsulate a fair, balanced view of a fanbase. :lol:

Same for all the Facebook groups. All of them warming to him or falling over themselves to say they were glad to give him time. 

2 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

Using a few tweets to encapsulate a fair, balanced view of a fanbase. :lol:

I haven’t done anything of the sort. I can only go on what I’ve seen. 

The problem down there is that this model they have of extreme money ball doesn't seem to have been articulated very well the their fans.

If I were one of them I would be wondering at what point do you stop selling the value and try and get promoted?

3 minutes ago, OverThere said:

The problem down there is that this model they have of extreme money ball doesn't seem to have been articulated very well the their fans.

If I were one of them I would be wondering at what point do you stop selling the value and try and get promoted?

Promotion will be by accident rather than design, if it happens. I think they'd be scared of the level of commitment it takes to be a PL outfit and he'd either try and sell up immediately, or just take a few punts on young players to showcase on their inevitable return to the championship. 

9 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

Which managers weren't given enough time?

When you're only given a year or so, then most of them, even if things aren't going well. I know Neil left you and you said yourself you shouldn't have sacked Mowbray so he's the big one, but even the others, aside from Johnson, being only given a year or just over.

There's an argument obviously for them not being appointed in the first place, but it's hardly like you've got managers queuing up wanting to manage you. So if you're gonna go with someone, see how it plays out. 

I honestly thing the whole mess the club is in can be traced back to you beating us 6 in a row, your lot won't admit but that was the worse thing that could ever happen to you. A large percentage of your fsnbase were happy with just beating us, if you did that it was a successful season regardless of anything else, it held you back so much from actually progressing. Once we went down and you didn't have that, it was like the club didn't know what it was or what it stood for. It was such a stupid shit mentality that like I say you're still paying for now.

10 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

When you're only given a year or so, then most of them, even if things aren't going well. I know Neil left you and you said yourself you shouldn't have sacked Mowbray so he's the big one, but even the others, aside from Johnson, being only given a year or just over.

There's an argument obviously for them not being appointed in the first place, but it's hardly like you've got managers queuing up wanting to manage you. So if you're gonna go with someone, see how it plays out. 

I honestly thing the whole mess the club is in can be traced back to you beating us 6 in a row, your lot won't admit but that was the worse thing that could ever happen to you. A large percentage of your fsnbase were happy with just beating us, if you did that it was a successful season regardless of anything else, it held you back so much from actually progressing. Once we went down and you didn't have that, it was like the club didn't know what it was or what it stood for. It was such a stupid shit mentality that like I say you're still paying for now.

Johnson was peddled and the bloke they got in sorted the defensive frailties out and got us promoted inside 4 month.

The club isn't in a complete mess whatsoever, Infact it's in a very healthy financial position with an abundance of youth who have quality. The issue being is that the ownership group / decision makers seem to be naive in thinking a squad with an average age of 21 will get you promoted because over a 46 game season, they won't be consistent enough to be promoted.

Saying the derby wins caused our demise is absolutely insane by the way, but if thats your opinion then fair enough.

8 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

Saying the derby wins caused our demise is absolutely insane by the way, but if thats your opinion then fair enough.

Do you honestly think that isn't, at least partly, a reason why you are where you are now?

You were literally sacking managers just in time for the Derby to get a new manager bounce so you could beat us, it was like clockwork. We were fucking shite too obviously and that helped but  come on. 

And you must realise your fanbase were so happy with beating us that whatever else happened, wherever you finished didn't matter. You'd beat us and that's all that mattered

Imagine if instead of focusing on just beating us you had a plan to become a proper premier league club and build, rather than just being obsessed with bringing in a new manager so you could beat us. 

I genuinely do not think it's a coincidence that the one season we weren't there you went down, there was nothing to ficus on, nothing to get behind, in your fans eyes you were Alexander, you'd conquered the Mags, there was nothing else to do.

31 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

Do you honestly think that isn't, at least partly, a reason why you are where you are now?

You were literally sacking managers just in time for the Derby to get a new manager bounce so you could beat us, it was like clockwork. We were fucking shite too obviously and that helped but  come on. 

And you must realise your fanbase were so happy with beating us that whatever else happened, wherever you finished didn't matter. You'd beat us and that's all that mattered

Imagine if instead of focusing on just beating us you had a plan to become a proper premier league club and build, rather than just being obsessed with bringing in a new manager so you could beat us. 

I genuinely do not think it's a coincidence that the one season we weren't there you went down, there was nothing to ficus on, nothing to get behind, in your fans eyes you were Alexander, you'd conquered the Mags, there was nothing else to do.

Ha'way man [emoji38]

We went down because our manager was poached for the England job, We then appointed Moyes who stated after two games we were in a relegation battle. We allowed Moyes to go out and completely dismantle absolutely everything that Allardyce had built since he was in charge. Moyes signed absolute dross like all of his ex-Everton chums, Pienaar, Oviedo, Gibson and bought one of the worst pound for pound players in our history in N'Dong when we could have had M'Vila for less than half the price. He also continuously played another ex-Everton mate in Rodwell who was the worst signing in our entire history. He spent 8M on Djilobodji who looked like he had won a competition to play, He bought and played players like Donald Love whilst allowing the likes of Van Aanholt, Kaboul and others to leave, having looked very decent under Allardyce months prior.

Moyes had a full season, lost 26 games out of 38, but aye we went down because the derby wasn't there..

2 hours ago, OverThere said:

What was wrong with Mowbray? When I feel our season has been a disappointment, it only takes a look down the road to cheer me up.

There was nothing wrong with Mowbray, the board just wanted a yes man desperate for a job to not query why they weren't signing any players with experience

7 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

Ha'way man [emoji38]

We went down because our manager was poached for the England job, We then appointed Moyes who stated after two games we were in a relegation battle. We allowed Moyes to go out and completely dismantle absolutely everything that Allardyce had built since he was in charge. Moyes signed absolute dross like all of his ex-Everton chums, Pienaar, Oviedo, Gibson and bought one of the worst pound for pound players in our history in N'Dong when we could have had M'Vila for less than half the price. He also continuously played another ex-Everton mate in Rodwell who was the worst signing in our entire history. He spent 8M on Djilobodji who looked like he had won a competition to play, He bought and played players like Donald Love whilst allowing the likes of Van Aanholt, Kaboul and others to leave, having looked very decent under Allardyce months prior.

Moyes had a full season, lost 26 games out of 38, but aye we went down because the derby wasn't there..

And the seasons before under Poyet, Advocaat, Di Canio etc?

Just now, Sima said:

Worth mentioning at this point that we haven't won a home game since Beale was appointed.

That's how quick he has been binned.

They'll be after Dodds if he doesn't get them European football next season.

Any manager with a bit about them wouldn’t touch that job with a shitty stick. 

As much as lots of us will deny it, but they’re a big enough club to attract a decent name. They’re a decent draw, no doubt about that. However, I think (could be wrong but won’t be by much) this is their 21st manager in 19 years. Why would another manager look and think ‘I’ll be the one to sort this shit’. Only Allardyce left willingly, didn’t he?

Been a few different owners in that time too. Would suggest that the problem lies at the club rather than anything else.

People are quick to rightfully hammer Watford for their turnover of managers but these fuckers won’t be too far behind. It’s absurd how many they get through. 

1 minute ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Any manager with a bit about them wouldn’t touch that job with a shitty stick. 

As much as lots of us will deny it, but they’re a big enough club to attract a decent name. They’re a decent draw, no doubt about that. However, I think (could be wrong but won’t be by much) this is their 21st manager in 19 years. Why would another manager look and think ‘I’ll be the one to sort this shit’. Only Allardyce left willingly, didn’t he?

Been a few different owners in that time too. Would suggest that the problem lies at the club rather than anything else.

People are quick to rightfully hammer Watford for their turnover of managers but these fuckers won’t be too far behind. It’s absurd how many they get through. 

Alex Neil too.

3 hours ago, Joelinton7 said:

Problem is they want instant gratification because they believe they’re in a false position. Some of them think it’s been 5 mins since they were in the Prem and think being out of it is a blip, but it’s not, it’s the norm for them and has been for seven (soon to be eight) long years. They’re part of the EFL furniture. The fans are the biggest barrier to success over there. 

I'm 54 and they've been out the top flight for more seasons than in it in that time.

Club listens to it's fans and has for years.

Unfortunately their fans are toxic and infantile thus bowing to their whims every time they bay for blood is a major reason why they're in this state, which as pointed out, is basically their natural position anyway.

Edited by Jonas

2 hours ago, NUFCDoog said:

You've had 12 managers in 10 years, all of them at some point were heralded as the new messiah and King.

Would say yous are more fickle than most.

A Mackem at work said we'd hound out Eddie Howe after we were beaten at Luton. I said he'd out live Beale. Dodds is the 5th manager you've had since Eddie's been here.