sunderland in the EFL

Big River

1 minute ago, Pancrate1892 said:

They want the rat boy, super kev. Or fat Sam. 

Either would be awesome....please please please.

Also add to the list Poyet and Di Canio.

Basically any reprobate who managed to beat us would delight them

2 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Could do a lot worse. 

Could be the best manager in the world but he’d immediately start off with a lot of red in his ledger because mag.

Interesting on Total Sport (on Radio Newcastle) last night.

A bloke called "Marco Gabbiadini" on there always strongly defends Sunderland Football Club. He always has and always exaggerates their "strengths" as a club and appears to live on his own planet.

Yesterday it became apparent that he has finally accepted the realities of where Sunderland football club actually sits.

He talked a fair bit about Sunderland, saying  "where we are and how we need to buy young players to always sell on to big clubs - that is what we do".

Seems like the penny has dropped - with one of their loudest mouths, at least !!!

10 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Interesting on Total Sport (on Radio Newcastle) last night.

A bloke called "Marco Gabbiadini" on there always strongly defends Sunderland Football Club. He always has and always exaggerates their "strengths" as a club and appears to live on his own planet.

Yesterday it became apparent that he has finally accepted the realities of where Sunderland football club actually sits.

He talked a fair bit about Sunderland, saying  "where we are and how we need to buy young players to always sell on to big clubs - that is what we do".

Seems like the penny has dropped - with one of their loudest mouths, at least !!!

never as bad as when Bernie Slaven was on there.

he actually pulled a no-show the day after we beat feyonord away to get through the groups stage after he'd been telling us we had no chance.

44 minutes ago, huss9 said:

never as bad as when Bernie Slaven was on there.

he actually pulled a no-show the day after we beat feyonord away to get through the groups stage after he'd been telling us we had no chance.

The Legends was way better than the Radio Newcastle stuff we have now

12 minutes ago, Orphanage said:

The Legends was way better than the Radio Newcastle stuff we have now

I would agree, however due to work commitments it got to the point that I'd only be able to listen to the Friday night show for about an hour. Problem was, they ALWAYS had on this unfunny wanker from Hartlepool for half an hour and Slaven humouring the arsehole with quips about sending them some baked goods (I think this Hartlepool bloke was a baker). There was zero football talk and there was never a decent caller on for the last half hour that I could listen to it. Ruined it for me. Kind of went downhill too after the original mackem bloke left and they got in Micky something.

54 minutes ago, Stal said:

I would agree, however due to work commitments it got to the point that I'd only be able to listen to the Friday night show for about an hour. Problem was, they ALWAYS had on this unfunny wanker from Hartlepool for half an hour and Slaven humouring the arsehole with quips about sending them some baked goods (I think this Hartlepool bloke was a baker). There was zero football talk and there was never a decent caller on for the last half hour that I could listen to it. Ruined it for me. Kind of went downhill too after the original mackem bloke left and they got in Micky something.

Horswill ?

6 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

14/5 to be fumigated, I mean relegated 

Na, I wouldn't read anything into that. Betfair I assume? Southampton, Norwich, Hull, WBA etc. are all 14/5 as well. These are SkyBets latest odds and you can't even get odds on Sunderland, and Middlesbrough who are 3 points below them are 150/1.

image.thumb.png.2b618388446b327967a542d44387ae93.png

I think that's their season officially over though. Obviously wasn't looking good losing 3 on the trot (before today) and not having a permanent manager, but had they beaten Norwich they would have closed the gap on them and been like 6 points off the playoffs, but they've lost a 6 pointer and are now 9 points behind 6th. You usually need around 70 points for 6th place, so that would mean 7 wins and 2 draws from their final 11 matches, and that's not happening.

It'll be an 8th season outside of the top flight next year, and I think that's their longest period of being outside it.

7 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Na, I wouldn't read anything into that. Betfair I assume? Southampton, Norwich, Hull, WBA etc. are all 14/5 as well. These are SkyBets latest odds and you can't even get odds on Sunderland, and Middlesbrough who are 3 points below them are 150/1.

image.thumb.png.2b618388446b327967a542d44387ae93.png

Just went on oddschecker. They’re not going to go down but it’s funny to entertain the idea due to their post derby implosion and subsequent spiral into the pit of hell that is mid table Championship irrelevance.

2 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Just went on oddschecker. They’re not going to go down but it’s funny to entertain the idea due to their post derby implosion and subsequent spiral into the pit of hell that is mid table Championship irrelevance.

It's hilarious how much the not-out-first-gear pasting we gave them has ruined their form. Spiral further please.

1 minute ago, Joelinton7 said:

Yeah, I saw that on Oddschecker as well, but then all the other teams being the exact same odds obviously nullify it.

image.thumb.png.52a3526e75e267c814d40932dc0b37ac.png

Would have been nice if they had a chance to drop again, but yeah, midtable mediocrity is fine as they had been in and around 6th for large parts of the season, and you never know with the playoffs (if they did make them).

image.thumb.png.4fa58c47e50f910c3e625028fb4857e0.png

They aren't going down, too many teams between them and the bottom three

Similarly they are not likely to come up either, gap between them and top 6 is growing and even if Hull have a mini wobble they are relying on 3 other clubs to do so as well

They should never have sacked big Tony

Looks like they’re in for a clear out of their “good” players in the summer. Another building project on the cards for whoever their next schmuck is. I’m sure they’ll give them plenty of time, be level headed and definitely not hound them out within the first 2-3 games.