sunderland in the EFL

Big River

8 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Enjoying them thinking about 25+ million for Clarke in the summer to spend.

He's worth close to that. No suprise the wheels have come off when he's been injured 

They had momentum on their side last year and generally had a good season to get into the playoffs as a promoted club.

Instability and piss poor club leadership has seen their form suffer since we waltzed right through them. To keep sacking managers like they do is detrimental to any sort of progress.

They need to have some continuity and find a manager who can give them an identity and build some culture in the club or they’ll be mid-table championship fodder for years to come.

13 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Enjoying them thinking about 25+ million for Clarke in the summer to spend.

They'd have to sell him for about £60m to get that wouldn't they? With the various sell-on clauses? 

17 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

He's worth close to that. No suprise the wheels have come off when he's been injured 

To them, to the rest of the world, about £15-20m. 

17 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I'd be astounded if they get anywhere near 25 million for him. He looked the championship player he is when he played against us in January. Be lucky to get 15 million for him. And I mean lucky to get that.

10 - 12 more than likely.

Didn't we get £20m for ASM? And loads on here were saying that was right? Are those saying Clarke will go for the same thinking he's as good a player? 

If ASM is only worth £20m, they'll be lucky to get £10m for Clarke. 

10 minutes ago, Scoot said:

I'd be astounded if they get anywhere near 25 million for him. He looked the championship player he is when he played against us in January. Be lucky to get 15 million for him. And I mean lucky to get that.

10 - 12 more than likely.

I don't know like, some on here think Almiron is worth 30m. When we played them in the cup it was obvious we were going to double up on their only creative player to nullify the threat.

8 minutes ago, Beth said:

I don't know like, some on here think Almiron is worth 30m. When we played them in the cup it was obvious we were going to double up on their only creative player to nullify the threat.

And he couldn't do a thing about it. Probs worth 7 million now you mention this.

20 minutes ago, Beth said:

Almiron would be Sunderland’s best player by miles.

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

This. 

Him or ASM would be leagues better than anyone to pull on their shirt in a decade. They'd both walk into their famous "all-time XI"s. 

Whatever they're worth, Clarke is worth far less. What's he done in top flight football? Literally nothing. 

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

He'd be their best player, but also 30 years old. I'd be more than happy for us to do them a straight swap for Clarke at the end of the season. But of course he plays for Sunderland so you can't say anything good about them on here. A bit like RTG and us to be fair.

2 minutes ago, Beth said:

He'd be their best player, but also 30 years old. I'd be more than happy for us to do them a straight swap for Clarke at the end of the season. But of course he plays for Sunderland so you can't say anything good about them on here. A bit like RTG and us to be fair.

Obviously

They're in the middle of the championship and they're fucking pony. What good you expecting people to say about them

Clarke is unproven in the top league.  Worth about 18 million at the very most which they'll be lucky to see 10 of

Read some of them daft cunts saying that Dan Neil will fetch them north of 20 million as well

Edited by jack j

1 minute ago, Beth said:

The age thing is a fair point, granted.

However, Clarke has shown nowhere near enough to suggest he’s at the level of Almiron. Could he be in future? Perhaps. Is he now? Of course not. So any hypothetical swap, would instantly make us significantly weaker in the short term.

1 hour ago, Doctor Zaius said:

The wheels came off 2 months ago. They aren't getting £25m for him either.

They vastly overrate anything connected to their club so it's no surprise they think he's worth 25+. He's a good player but got zero pedigree in the league he's trying to get into and he's not exactly a kid either, how much better will he get? If they manage to get people offering 16ish for him they should snap arms off. 

An out-of-form Tripper tucked him up and totally nullified him on his own ground in their cup final. He never got a kick against a PL RB, that speaks volumes 

6 minutes ago, Beth said:

During the reign of Emperor Mogga, a few of us on here said that they played decent football, knocked it about nicely and were showing some promise  

Then they drew us in the cup and decided to repeatedly smash themselves in the bollocks with a brick 

4 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

They’ll be lucky to get £10m

That’s why it’s so enjoyable.

Its like the don’t get that him going too would probably steer them into a relegation battle.

5 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

They’ll be lucky to get £10m

Even if they got £20m after sell ons, loyalty fees and the owners cut that's at best £10m to them. Doesn't go too far considering it's probably paid in installments too

58 minutes ago, jack j said:

Obviously

They're in the middle of the championship and they're fucking pony. What good you expecting people to say about them

Clarke is unproven in the top league.  Worth about 18 million at the very most which they'll be lucky to see 10 of

Read some of them daft cunts saying that Dan Neil will fetch them north of 20 million as well

I know Neill and he's a good guy. Even he laughs at some of the valuations they put on him

18 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

That’s why it’s so enjoyable.

Its like the don’t get that him going too would probably steer them into a relegation battle.

I’m sure Jude would offer himself to them as the Bellingham’s are now massive lads fans. 

1 hour ago, Beth said:

Doesn't Clarke lack pace? Not sure we have room for more than one in our midfield, we already have Bruno and no one's replacing him in a hurry.