sunderland in the EFL

Big River

29 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Good, gritty point for them at Elland Road tonight. Leeds should have had a clear pen in the 2nd half, but I'm quite happy Sunderland got something as I really want Ipswich up. It was obviously 99.99999999% that they wouldn't finish top 6, but it's mathematically confirmed now, so it will be an 8th season outside of the top flight for them next season, which I think might be a record for them.

It already was a record - their longest previous spell was six years. 

They’ve beaten our record now though - ours is seven years. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Pleased they got something tbh. Would prefer Leicester, Ipswich and Southampton to go up. Fucking hate Leeds.

We all hate Leeds, but there’s no question that matches with them have a bit more about them, compared to matches with the likes of Southampton.

Ipswich will have a novelty factor for a couple of years, but ultimately will end up being as drab as Southampton after a while, but let’s allow them their turn for a bit.

So Ipswich and Leeds please. With anybody except Southampton or Norwich from the play offs (preferably Coventry if they can squeeze in).

I actually don't mint Leeds. Proper club. Got a respect for them and think they have for us, despite wanting to be top dogs in the North etc.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

We all hate Leeds, but there’s no question that matches with them have a bit more about them, compared to matches with the likes of Southampton.

Ipswich will have a novelty factor for a couple of years, but ultimately will end up being as drab as Southampton after a while, but let’s allow them their turn for a bit.

So Ipswich and Leeds please. With anybody except Southampton or Norwich from the play offs (preferably Coventry if they can squeeze in).

Nah, Leeds can fucking well stay put for me.  No love lost. 

I do believe Swindon and Oldham are legally due to a season back in the Premier League. Why has Richard M denied this. 

29 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Nah, Leeds can fucking well stay put for me.  No love lost. 

You don’t have to like them in the slightest, quite the opposite really, it’s more an acknowledgement that a game against them will have a bit of edge to it. They’ll always bring a decent following, and as a result the atmosphere will be better.

I appreciate you could extrapolate this out to saying ‘well lets just have the mackems promoted then’, but that’s a bit extreme, as there’s obviously far more going on with games against them than just a decent atmosphere.

If folk are worried about the atmosphere now, wait until we’ve got Europa League on a Thursday and then subsequently Southampton, Norwich etc at home Sunday 2pm.

Edited by SteV

57 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Sign of the times that they were all tossing off after a goalless draw tonight.  I listened to the fan reaction on the radio as I drove home from work.

They're playing for Doddsy 

9 hours ago, SteV said:

You don’t have to like them in the slightest, quite the opposite really, it’s more an acknowledgement that a game against them will have a bit of edge to it. They’ll always bring a decent following, and as a result the atmosphere will be better.

I appreciate you could extrapolate this out to saying ‘well lets just have the mackems promoted then’, but that’s a bit extreme, as there’s obviously far more going on with games against them than just a decent atmosphere.

If folk are worried about the atmosphere now, wait until we’ve got Europa League on a Thursday and then subsequently Southampton, Norwich etc at home Sunday 2pm.

Atmosphere v Leeds was one of our worst of the season last year. Granted a 0-0 draw didn't help matters like, but their fans were shite as well!

10 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It already was a record - their longest previous spell was six years. 

They’ve beaten our record now though - ours is seven years. 

North East Top Dogs marra.

That match last night was awful, another example of the class difference with the PL. If the mackems are happy with that performance and point, they are best off staying down there.

37 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Atmosphere v Leeds was one of our worst of the season last year. Granted a 0-0 draw didn't help matters like, but their fans were shite as well!

Missed that one so I can’t comment specifically, although I always feel like NYE games are rubbish. Feels like everyone just wants to get them out the way and get to where they need to be.

Generally speaking though, you’ll always get a better atmosphere with 3k Leeds there as opposed to 1.5k Southampton/Norwich.

10 hours ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Sign of the times that they were all tossing off after a goalless draw tonight.  I listened to the fan reaction on the radio as I drove home from work.

To be fair it was a point that pretty much guaranteed survival. Great result marra

Went to Leeds/Mackems game last night as Leeds mate had spare ticket.

Thought Mackems defended quite well, shape was good. They didn't really create much though. Leeds controlled game but also didn't create too much. 

Bit of a bland game, atmosphere was decent tho.

While we have Isak, Bruno and Gordon, players with technical skill and game intelligence, who regularly display moments of individual brilliance, they have Luke O’Nien. This is what constitutes being a “legend” up there. “You’ve been O’Nien’ed” 😳. Did the same to Miley and tried to do it to Isak before he danced past him laughing his arse off at some league one journeyman trying to make a name for himself. 

https://x.com/liamrand4/status/1777810200889610422?s=46&t=DcLbGwd6hoDY9gGMy-ZgEw

1 minute ago, Joelinton7 said:

While we have Isak, Bruno and Gordon, players with technical skill and game intelligence, who regularly display moments of individual brilliance, they have Luke O’Nien. This is what constitutes being a “legend” up there. “You’ve been O’Nien’ed” 😳. Did the same to Miley and tried to do it to Isak before he danced past him laughing his arse off at some league one journeyman trying to make a name for himself. 

https://x.com/liamrand4/status/1777810200889610422?s=46&t=DcLbGwd6hoDY9gGMy-ZgEw

Every time I've watched him play, he's an absolute clogger -  a very poor man's Vinny Jones!

13 hours ago, SteV said:

Naah, Southampton seem a proper club. Probably just nostalgia but Southampton v Coventry last night is an old-school PL fixture for me. 

14 hours ago, SteV said:

We could do with Leicester coming up tbh, be another with us against the FFP in its current format. More voices against it the better.

7 minutes ago, Paully said:

Every time I've watched him play, he's an absolute clogger -  a very poor man's Vinny Jones!

Reminds me of a budget Steven Taylor. Tiny amount of ability but looks to play to the crowd to get attention, loves the bantz and desperately wants to be popular rather than better. Dreadful footballer