sunderland in the EFL

Big River

22 hours ago, Chris_R said:

Not *quite* true.

Anyone born from 1994 to 2010 could say they've lived through Sunderland being in the top flight more than outside it.

Outside of that range though, you're right and you have to go back to people born in or before 1950. (Yes I'm bored, but Excel meant it really only took about 5 minutes)

From 1891 to 1958 they were ever-present in the top flight. They have history - Just not in the memories of anyone who also can't remember Hitler's bombing raids.

Aye, didn't think of that. It'll be totally true in 7 years time.

Someone born in 2015 have lived most of their life with them being in the 3rd flight.

They must have at least 10k season ticket holders who no longer bother to turn up...  Suppose when season tickets were practically free there is no incentive to use them.

Same can be said for watching turgid football in a cesspit of a stadium surrounded by marauding seagulls and a million empty crisp packets swirling around in the wind, why ruin your weekend?  

1 hour ago, RS said:

“If the attendance (sales) end up 42,056 or more then that breaks the million figure for all league and the Mags/Crewe cup games.”

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/attendance-thread-sheffield-wednesday.1630476/page-5

image.thumb.jpeg.a6d2900265d2a92a141f72d60de51b01.jpeg

From that thread

"For the first time yesterday the crowd gave out a collective laugh when the attendance was read out. Don’t care what the official attendance says, there are thousands not turning up for games at the moment. The worrying thing for next year is that’s season tickets not coming back."

On 21/04/2024 at 13:16, Rafalove said:

How are they not embarrassed by this WeePhiliie stuff?

https://x.com/ne5westend/status/1782006024754360687?s=46&t=JsXtnoSrRpo8KokdoIC95w

The weird thing is he’s not even a mackem, sure he’s from Wigan or somewhere. Used to be on at cozy joes, no idea if still is, was a bad enough night to end up in there anyway and couldn’t believe he was on there too. I’m sure he played the hilarious yogi beat song which was as painfully unfunny as when I first heard it in the 90s.

34 minutes ago, ramirez said:

The weird thing is he’s not even a mackem, sure he’s from Wigan or somewhere. Used to be on at cozy joes, no idea if still is, was a bad enough night to end up in there anyway and couldn’t believe he was on there too. I’m sure he played the hilarious yogi beat song which was as painfully unfunny as when I first heard it in the 90s.

Aye, remember him being at Cosy Joes. The cheek of him, given how he hates the mags so much. Strangely didn't see him wear his FTM shorts in there though. I once got forcibly manhandled out of there for drunkenly giving him verbals. Dunno if he still gets in there like as getting older means I have rare night's in town these days.

They've rekindled the Mourinho to the mags crack. It started off with a rumour that he's going to Liverpool, now it's all about how we need a big name manager and how he'll put us back 10 years 

Thought they'd want to sort out their manager fuck up first 

36 minutes ago, The Fountain said:

They've rekindled the Mourinho to the mags crack. It started off with a rumour that he's going to Liverpool, now it's all about how we need a big name manager and how he'll put us back 10 years 

Thought they'd want to sort out their manager fuck up first 

The fact that they couldn't even dream of hiring a manager of the calibre of Mourinho, yet somehow have the nerve to laugh at the thought of us doing it (even though we won't). The lack of self-awareness is fucking astonishing [emoji38]

5 minutes ago, mush said:

The fact that they couldn't even dream of hiring a manager of the calibre of Mourinho, yet somehow have the nerve to laugh at the thought of us doing it (even though we won't). The lack of self-awareness is fucking astonishing [emoji38]

I’m curious how they square the circle that they’ve created for themselves - because by that logic Howe is a better manager than Mourinho

(I think he is today, but I know that won’t be their view …)

1 hour ago, The Fountain said:

They're desperate fur the two arrested players to be ours. 

Can you imagine? As well as the impact on ‘the brand’ relationships etc,  in terms of non-availability it has already been a season like no other. This would be a dusting of scotch  bonnet chilli, on the sour rotten cherry, on the hockle icing, on the ratshit cake. 

11 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

There is a story doing the rounds that "two teenage Premier League footballers" have been arrested over a rape claim.

Apparently one was arrested at the clubs' stadium at the weekend which kind of rules us out doesn't it, seeing as we didn't have game?

Edit - Here is the story (via Metro)

Havent we only got one 19 year old in our squad too?

Also it says he was questioned there then arrested so doesnt necessarily mean before/after a game

Edited by Fezzle

1 minute ago, FloydianMag said:

We didn’t play at the weekend and one of them was arrested at the stadium, so unlikely to be us.

Again you dont need to play a game to go to your place of work, it was an informal interview no doubt set up by the club. Clearly the lack of 19 year olds is a far more telling fact :lol: