sunderland in the EFL

Big River

43 minutes ago, UV said:

People are overthinking the attendance (tickets allocated) figures if you think they're making the numbers up or giving thousands away IMO.

Under 16s, £2.50 a game. Under 18s, £4.50. Even £8 for under 22s is nowt these days.

The low prices for kids are commendable, but it also means there's very little lost in not attending especially on a school night or when their form is shit and there's nothing to play for.

9 points & 8 goals from the last 14 games, no chance of the playoffs, and no threat of relegation. It's no wonder half of them aren't turning up.

It's been happening for years throughout the entire season

7 minutes ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

Ex-England striker Jermain Defoe, 41, might be set to land his first managerial role after holding talks with former club Sunderland.

I'll give him until November.

18 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I'll give him until November.

I'll give him until it doesn't happen.  

Didn't he leave a training session then just not bother turning up again for them? Not even a call to anyone, just left and fucked off for good? [emoji38]

6 minutes ago, midds said:

Didn't he leave a training session then just not bother turning up again for them? Not even a call to anyone, just left and fucked off for good? [emoji38]

Maybe he's still on the payroll, one less bit of admin to do for his glorious return

9 hours ago, midds said:

Thought it was weird how they didn't even touch on Defoe's return in the last series of STID. Club cult hero returning after a few years to try and help them get out of League 1 and the only way I knew he was there was he was in one of the goal celebrations. 

On 29/04/2024 at 17:51, et tu brute said:

No what I'm saying is that they are stating crowds of 40,000 based on tickets sold, which their fans are defending. When there is at least 5,000 plus fans below (some midweek games 10,000 or more) the actual attendance of people in the ground. Read my original post, I said you can accept a few hundred even a max of 1,000 people not attending for varying reasons, but no way 5,000 plus. All you have to do is look at their accounts to see this is bullshit.

Would be interesting to see what the gate receipts are like for Championship clubs. Can't seem to find them anywhere. 

Posted (edited)

I wonder if one of their Yeeewtuuuubers will hang about the trading ground in anticipation 

"it's Jermaine Defoe, he's in the building" 

"It is Defoe, isn't it? " 

"that defoe?" 

"aah, hang on, massive lad's, it's just Ekwaaaaaah, ffs" 

Edited by Groundhog63

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

I wonder if one of their Yeeewtuuuubers will hang about the trading ground in anticipation 

"it's Jermaine Defoe, he's in the building" 

"It is Defoe, isn't it? " 

"that defoe?" 

"aah, hang on, massive lad's, it's just Ekwaaaaaah, ffs" 

That 'Wee Phillie' idiot used to do that on deadline day, to bring exclewsives of any signings as they were being ignored by Sky (Mag) Sports. :lol:

Edited by TK-421

2 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

That 'Wee Phillie' idiot used to do that on deadline day, to bring exclusives of any signings as they were being ignored by Sky (Mag) Sports. :lol:

I know, that's who I meant 😉

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

What the fuck is their version of Molly Malone have I missed something the last 40 years ?

🎶 In Sun’lun’s fair town, where the seagulls go down… 🎶

It’s a banger!