sunderland appoint a new head coach

Big River

2 hours ago, Stifler said:

Fucking clueless. They all know that there is rules preventing RB from doing what they have at other clubs and branding them.

A few of them are even admitting that they wanted them to takeover them, I’m presuming in that case being rebranded as RB Sunderland, and RB arena etc.

There has been no talk of RB investing in Sunderland outside of their own minds. They were actually linked with Southampton a few years back.

The RB model of rebranding is the reason that they never pick established club with strong local fanbase for takeover.

Taken from a recent piece in the Chronicle under the subheading "The future is bright at the Stadium of Light . . ."   Sort of touching in its naivety.

----------------------------------------------

Elevated to Sunderland AFC’s chief business officer, David Bruce reckons the potential at the club is “completely limitless". After his appointment, having been at the Stadium of Light for nine months, Bruce described his new role as “the greatest responsibility.”  Bruce is a passionate fan and can’t wait to make improvements to the club while putting the fans first.  . . . He said: “Simply, it’s the greatest responsibility. For me as a Sunderland fan and someone who has worked so long in the sports business, to get this opportunity to be at the helm of the business at Sunderland AFC, there’s no better calling. . . . I’m thrilled to be in this position. I’m really excited about what we can do moving forward. The potential of this football club is completely limitless.”

Returning to Sunderland from the MLS nine months ago, where he spent 12 years, Bruce reckoned: “It was a no brainer but there were probably a couple of things that excited me most about coming home. One was working with Kristjaan Speakman. I think Kristjaan has done a phenomenal job in his time here. I think what we’ve seen over the three years he’s been in charge is some of the best football we’ve seen in Sunderland in a very long time."

“I think Kyril [Louis-Dreyfus], what he believes in and how he thinks about the business of football, how he thinks about the area, this is clearly an area that has got under his skin. He clearly sees the infinite potential here. And he’s not like a lot of the owners I’ve worked in in sports. He’s a young guy, he’s an progressive guy and he’s thinking about things in a way that connected me in conversations we had very early on. . . . It’s time we push things forward. Putting things through at a faster rate. It will feel very different at the Stadium of Light next season which we are excited about. There’s a reinvigoration at the club. If we do it right no one can match us.”

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

Red Bull thread on Groomers🤣

IMG_0240.jpeg

"very patient fanbase"  ?!?

Suppose they only turned on the owner, at least two managers, the director of football, Jobe and the club staff last season and left in their droves every time a result went against them.

Edited by Wolfcastle

He's shite anyway according to RTG, anything less than £20 million and their been ripped off as well.

2 hours ago, Dokko said:

Will Still to Lens looks likely. Doing well in their search...must be 100 days and counting.

Weirdly, I have the words “will” and “still” engraved on the inside of my wedding ring. Didn’t realize he existed until this post.

Really think that we need to forget these fukkers and start to have posts about Man City and Arsenal instead....even thinking about them drags us down a level....delete this thread is my opinion and start looking up....

19 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

Really think that we need to forget these fukkers and start to have posts about Man City and Arsenal instead....even thinking about them drags us down a level....delete this thread is my opinion and start looking up....

Doesn’t work like that though does it?

They could be in the Conference North and they’d still be relevant to us.

It might continue to be a long time until they are a genuine rival on the pitch, but they’ll always be there.

1 hour ago, Terrymac1966 said:

You sound like a proper entitled whopper ! 

Sunderland are and always will be our main rivals. 

If you don't like the thread, don't open it you absolute plonker.

5 hours ago, SteV said:

Doesn’t work like that though does it?

They could be in the Conference North and they’d still be relevant to us.

It might continue to be a long time until they are a genuine rival on the pitch, but they’ll always be there.

100% this! 

I watched the 3rd round draw in the local with black and white and red and white mates and it was utter bedlam when our number came out! 

Yeah, I agree. That rivalry is in the blood, and you can't switch it off to be a rival of someone else or else football dies a bit.

Nowt better in football than geographical rivals. It's what football was built on. Were just bless by having these silly fuck wits. Always appreciate that and it's not the other way round.

20 minutes ago, danny said:

They are like that pissed off little brother that you wont play with

I always say this , they have such an  inferiority complex when it comes to us , they hate the fact Newcastle is far more well known and the coverage we get compared to them, it's hard to even class them as rivals really , I just look down on them as the annoying younger brother yapping for attention.