sunderland

Big River

17 hours ago, Monkey Alan said:

Sunderland have been blighted by bad decision making all my life but someone played a blinder when they chose Prokofiev's Dance of the Knights as their entrance music. The grandiosity of it might never have quite befit the likes Quinn, Ball and Ord but, and I'll whispher it, it's one of the best entrance songs in football.

(I know it's got nowt to do with Wearside and they probably nicked off someone else but it's still good)

Worst pre-match song award goes to Chelsea. Imagine trying to get pumped up to instrumental reggae.

They absolutely blast it as well and it would be quite intimidating imo, if their ground wasn’t full of empty seats and it the home crowd got behind their team.

3 hours ago, Danh1 said:

They absolutely blast it as well and it would be quite intimidating imo, if their ground wasn’t full of empty seats and it the home crowd got behind their team.

Yeah that's the thing. It probably worked for 2years in that regard when there was a buzz there but its been 20years now of the only team being intimidated is their own and a stark lack of buzz in the stadium exemplified often by empty seats. Seems like a parody.

59 minutes ago, Sima said:

I see RTG have added RSPB membership to their Amnesty International subscriptions.

Have seagulls been reclassified as non avian?

They were just getting themselves all pumped up about another manager who's managed in Europe.

Be funny as fuck if it'd dave challinor like

(I know he's done decent In the conference, league 2 and the tranmere sunday morning District league like)

2 hours ago, jack j said:

They were just getting themselves all pumped up about another manager who's managed in Europe.

Be funny as fuck if it'd dave challinor like

(I know he's done decent In the conference, league 2 and the tranmere sunday morning District league like)

Really hope it’s him or that fella from Scotland. Very underwhelming. 

"What's Gateshead got to do with nufc",

ermm is it because 85% or black n white daft in Gateshead :drool: a lot live nearer to SJP than parts of the toon?

"Why is it beamed onto the baltic ffs ":bluestar:

So we didn't have to walk the 50 yards ower the other side .....you absolute spenk.

Have RTG never heard of Newcastle & Gateshead water co:mike:

If there wasn’t a river dividing Newcastle and Gateshead, a lot more people would recognise it as a part of Newcastle, much like you would Byker.

RTG’s really did not turn up to that geography class in primary school you had that explained City centres/Urban core, Suburbs, and Rural areas.

6 hours ago, Sima said:

I see RTG have added RSPB membership to their Amnesty International subscriptions.

Honestly what a sad bunch they are, just because one of their own fingered a seagull they're now all donating their Nissan backshift premium pay to the RSBP 

Said it before, but reading that thread and they're totally broken. It's only going to get a lot worse also. The fuckers are going to be stuck down in the lower leagues for a few years to come.

2 hours ago, Stifler said:

If there wasn’t a river dividing Newcastle and Gateshead, a lot more people would recognise it as a part of Newcastle, much like you would Byker.

RTG’s really did not turn up to that geography class in primary school you had that explained City centres/Urban core, Suburbs, and Rural areas.

It’s as much a part of Newcastle as Wallsend is …

4 hours ago, Heyzeus scrogg said:

ermm is it because 85% or black n white daft in Gateshead :drool: a lot live nearer to SJP than parts of the toon?

So we didn't have to walk the 50 yards ower the other side .....you absolute spenk.

Christ, that made me check it out.

5pages of seething hate filled deranged and disgusting posting because the team up the road put on a light show

Following on from probably similar a few days ago about the new shirts.

I don't know how they do it.

4 hours ago, Heyzeus scrogg said:

They’re very confused

They bang on about how they’re the club of County Derrim, yet whinge at another town on Tyneside, about 2.5 mile from SJP being seen as Newcastle.

Maybe they’ll have one of their famous 50 page threads on RTG about which areas are Sunderland stronghold. 

I fear for them if we win anything. Samaritans will need to recrewt.

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It’s as much a part of Newcastle as Wallsend is …

Moreso I'd say. At its shortest it's a minute walk to be right there. Wallsend Byker are at best a 10 min car journey. No idea what it's like on public transport.

4 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Moreso I'd say. At its shortest it's a minute walk to be right there. Wallsend Byker are at best a 10 min car journey. No idea what it's like on public transport.

I meant that Wallsend isn’t in Newcastle either, but no-one would consider someone from Wallsend not to be a Geordie.

52 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I meant that Wallsend isn’t in Newcastle either, but no-one would consider someone from Wallsend not to be a Geordie.

Hey, remember Sunderland used to call themselves Geordies.