sunderland

Big River

2 minutes ago, Pete the Pirate said:

“I understand it is unusual and also slightly controversial, but nevertheless I believe the publicity will be of benefit to both parties.” an actual sportswashing, couldn't be surely? 

5 minutes ago, Paully said:

Our Sunday morning team secretary has just had an email with an open invite to all offering an adult and child’s ticket for £20 for their match vs Swansea on the 14th

My boss at work has also literally just said the same thing. He runs an under 8's team.

19 minutes ago, Paully said:

Our Sunday morning team secretary has just had an email with an open invite to all offering an adult and child’s ticket for £20 for their match vs Swansea on the 14th

13 minutes ago, Scoot said:

My boss at work has also literally just said the same thing. He runs an under 8's team.

Well that will be two of the gaps in their crowd for that match then (cough missing season ticket holders). Still be counted in their official attendance though.

Edited by et tu brute

Makes sense for a mid table championship team with a large ground to get punters in. £20 quid is better than nowt. I wonder how this impacts on massive lads fans who pay full belt for a season ticket. It must devaluate their worth, assuming they’re paying more than £20 a game over the season?

probably not discussed on groomers forum as it won’t be accepted as happening!

1 hour ago, Paully said:

the bairn only started a new nursery on Wednesday this week, already had two emails off them about cheap makems tickets. £20 of which £5 will apparently go to the school 

Averaging 10-20k empty seats this season which is in line with the amount of empty seats on average since it opened. Christ! their biggest gate this season, an exception, that caused all this wasn't even a full house.

Crying out for another stadium extension obviously.

Edited by Jonas

I'd be amazed if the number off sellouts would be anywhere near 5% since they extended the stadium to 49,000, so why the fuck would they extend it to 55,000 :lol:. Their club feels the need to lie about official attendances to cover for the mass number of gaps every game. Deluded fuckers

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

I'd be amazed if the number off sellouts would be anywhere near 5% since they extended the stadium to 49,000, so why the fuck would they extend it to 55,000 :lol:. Their club feels the need to lie about official attendances to cover for the mass number of gaps every game. Deluded fuckers

The reason they want it is clearly visible in post number 3 of that tweet.

"Imagine the reaction of the Mags if and when our capacity goes up to 55k"

That's the only reason they want it. Always gotta try and out do the mags. We're their bench mark for literally everything.

Edited by Scoot

8 minutes ago, Pilko said:

"And today's official attendance is fifty three thousand and summat or other, which is more than the Mags can fit in theirs. Thank yew for your support"

“And that’s Sunderland nil, Burton Albion 4. But we’re delighted to announce that today's official attendance is fifty three thousand and summat or other, which is more than the Mags can fit in theirs. Thank yew for your support”

Followed immediately by scenes of rapture in the stands comparable only to a Champions League win

If they and Shrewsbury came out the hat the other way around it'd be a result for them to get more that 15,000 tomorrow. Fill 55,000 easily though.

Just so I'm up to date, attendances matter now? or does that only kick in after another extension and some pretendy attendees in the official gate?

Edited by Wolfcastle

23 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

If they and Shrewsbury came out the hat the other way around it'd be a result for them to get more that 15,000 tomorrow. Fill 55,000 easily though.

Just so I'm up to date, attendances matter now? or does that only kick in after another extension and some pretendy attendees in the official gate?

Their last few home FA Cup crowds have all been 4 figures.